2Next

Comments

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    From the immortal words of Jeff Spicoli...”those dudes are fags!”
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2019
    As someone who watches far more than 125 videos a day, does anyone know where this limit that doesn't exist even though everyone says it does comes from? 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @fahhq2 all I need are some tasty pitches, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    If your spending that much on the game I doubt their doing it for the gold, most likely doing it for the 2x point multiplier for competition purposes...ps I’m not advocating for them to take the gold away.lol...I just heard the rumor myself, which gave me pause as far as leveling up...
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    whammo911 said:
    If your spending that much on the game I doubt their doing it for the gold, most likely doing it for the 2x point multiplier for competition purposes...ps I’m not advocating for them to take the gold away.lol...I just heard the rumor myself, which gave me pause as far as leveling up...

Believe me, they are quite fond of the extra gold and evo. LOL.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    The gold as you level up is fairly proportionate to the amount of wins needed for that playoff. Not exactly, but as you need more wins you get more gold. I don’t think it’s right to tell some people that as you win games you get gold while telling others that they don’t. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Level 18? Sheesh. How is that "skip 9 rounds on WOH" gig?  Is it really just for level 1?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    whammo911 said:
    With diamond not costing gold anymore you think they will take it away with the update? Just don’t see it as a good business strategy to let their most addicted players play for free. 

That is the big rumor for the next update. However, to me it doesn't make sense because most of the big spenders on this game - that's what they do - cycle diamond (not talking about Joe Blow the median income guy who begrudgingly spends $100 a week, but talking guys that spend $25,000 annually or more).

Please tell me that there are not human beings who spend $25,000 on this game.  That honestly makes me want to cry for the future.  $100 is way beyond my understanding, but at least that is manageable sum; I certainly wouldn't judge anyone who chooses to spend that on a game he enjoys. 

But even a ridiculously wealthy person should not be giving 25K/year to Glu.  There are many US citizens who don't make that much per year.  Like, millions of people.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Metsicans said:

Please tell me that there are not human beings who spend $25,000 on this game.  That honestly makes me want to cry for the future.  $100 is way beyond my understanding, but at least that is manageable sum; I certainly wouldn't judge anyone who chooses to spend that on a game he enjoys. 

But even a ridiculously wealthy person should not be giving 25K/year to Glu.  There are many US citizens who don't make that much per year.  Like, millions of people.

I know KingPork spent 35k on his team last year, if you remember playing him in bonus games. He made that public info via global chat recently from what I hear.

If you think that's crazy, check this out:

https://venturebeat.com/2016/10/14/the-deanbeat-this-player-spent-2-million-in-a-mobile-game-then-he-led-a-boycott/
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    As someone who watches far more than 125 videos a day, does anyone know where this limit that doesn't exist even though everyone says it does comes from? 
    Almost everyone I know has been limited to 125 videos a day. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Almost everyone I know has been limited to 125 videos a day. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    So calling it an imposed limit isn't accurate then. Seems more like user error if you're admitting some people you know can watch more than the arbitrary 125 videos a day. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Metsicans said:

I know KingPork spent 35k on his team last year, if you remember playing him in bonus games. He made that public info via global chat recently from what I hear.

If you think that's crazy, check this out:

https://venturebeat.com/2016/10/14/the-deanbeat-this-player-spent-2-million-in-a-mobile-game-then-he-led-a-boycott/

Funny article.  I wonder if that 2% stat holds true for TSB.  Hard to imagine only 2% of active gamers pay money on this game.  I'm someone who actively tries not to spend and I still bought the $9.99 stadium.   
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Cooz19 said:
    So calling it an imposed limit isn't accurate then. Seems more like user error if you're admitting some people you know can watch more than the arbitrary 125 videos a day. 
    What I'm saying is that you are the first person I know to not be limited to 125 videos per day. I know of some people who do not watch 125 videos per day, so although they may not be limited, there is no way of knowing since they never reach that quota anyway. You are the first person I have seen on this forum to not be limited to 125 per day.