Options

Walk Off Hero Difficulty

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    newfy said:
    Increase in difficulty not validated as reward to cycle is garbage 🗑. Sad really because I enjoy woh but I see absolutely no reason to sink resources into cycling for garbage pitcher that gets 8k a k and won’t make my team. Glu your incompetence grows weekly it’s almost entertaining. Cheers 🍻 
    Wow , a 350 max with 2 skills won’t make your roster?   Aside from keeper , there’s not much (or none) above 350 max released besides primes.   He actually makes ACE for me and I’m quite happy with him as a reward!!  

But maybe a box with him him would be reasonable with the amped up difficulty?
    Same here newfy. He became my ace as well. His skills were great.

The difficulty for royale was just right imo. They gave a more hardcore mode for the power teams on mondays, don't try and amp up every event. 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I am silver, too.  I agree that the difficulty was pretty solid.  I struggled a little in level 5, until I got the live boost.  Arrieta is my 4 right now, but will settle in right after keeper Whitey Ford after potw and potm drops (Bauer and Giolito).  He is interchangeable with Gray and Eflin, but the stuff rating is very solid.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    In my opinion, Walk off Hero has been too easy for the last few weeks. Many of my club mates and co-workers agree that the difficulty should be kicked up a notch. However, I feel that the difficulty was cranked up a little too much today. I feel as if Glu should either change the pitchers from 5.6 -5.10 to what they are, or the situation, but not both. Going from a 3.5 star garbage pitcher while down 2 with 2 on to a 5 star specialty pitcher with no men on while down 3 is a little bit harsh of a change in one week. I hope that Glu retains the pitchers, seeing as many diamond players were destroying woh because there were no diamond pitchers to hinder them. However, I think Glu should wait two weeks before implementing the change in situations. I think to do this all in one go is too much of a change, and I think Glu should more gradually adjust us to the more difficult situations.
    Can I point out something here?

This message board often devolves into what seems like something just shy of a commiseration crying corner.  So many have complaints about this and that, and sometimes are angry and sometimes just need to be heard.....commonly sentiment is that generally we are NOT heard and our complaints fall on deaf ears.   

That said, this forum in part serves as a sounding board to sort out complaints that if acted on could have positive effects on gameplay as well as for a bit of commiseration which is all a part of good camaraderie.

To the point.....apparently we ARE heard on a regular basis here as this week’s Royale prize was markedly better than any before.  I would jus t lie to point this out:   I believe that GLU not only follow the forum looking for constructive criticisms, but they also take note of when everyone BOASTS ABOUT HOW EASY WOH WAS, HOW MANY TIMES THEY CYCLED, etc etc etc.   

Be cool fellas....Monday bragging brings Wednesday tears.   
    I actually thought the difficulty for this Wednesday was just about right for the prize. My issue last week was that the prize didn’t match the difficulty. I don’t mind spending gold (5,000 yesterday for 10 cycles) when the prize is something worth chasing. 

We we need to keep in mind that 
    1. Walk-off will get harder. This was the same as last Wednesday, though many found it easier, probably because of 340 Meadows and another week to improve your team (I know I personally moved my top 2 RHB up from D7 and D4 to D10 because I expected this for Royale)
    2.  This isn’t a “classic” tower. They have to find one tower to rule them all for Royale. From what I’ve seen and read, it was beatable from silver through diamond if you had the players needed and some gold to use. 
    3.  Glu probably wants the tower to cost you some gold, just like prime events do. While we all want to beat it for free, when we have 1 tower difficulty it is t always going to be the case. 
    4.  It is still way better than it was this time last year. Anyone else remember struggling all day, spending 5K in gold, only to clear it and get your huge prize of 400 Max Prime Stanton that you could only level to silver 3?
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    In my opinion, Walk off Hero has been too easy for the last few weeks. Many of my club mates and co-workers agree that the difficulty should be kicked up a notch. However, I feel that the difficulty was cranked up a little too much today. I feel as if Glu should either change the pitchers from 5.6 -5.10 to what they are, or the situation, but not both. Going from a 3.5 star garbage pitcher while down 2 with 2 on to a 5 star specialty pitcher with no men on while down 3 is a little bit harsh of a change in one week. I hope that Glu retains the pitchers, seeing as many diamond players were destroying woh because there were no diamond pitchers to hinder them. However, I think Glu should wait two weeks before implementing the change in situations. I think to do this all in one go is too much of a change, and I think Glu should more gradually adjust us to the more difficult situations.

This message board often devolves into what seems like something just shy of a commiseration crying corner.  So many have complaints about this and that, and sometimes are angry and sometimes just need to be heard.....commonly sentiment is that generally we are NOT heard and our complaints fall on deaf ears.   

That said, this forum in part serves as a sounding board to sort out complaints that if acted on could have positive effects on gameplay as well as for a bit of commiseration which is all a part of good camaraderie.

To the point.....apparently we ARE heard on a regular basis here as this week’s Royale prize was markedly better than any before.  I would jus t lie to point this out:   I believe that GLU not only follow the forum looking for constructive criticisms, but they also take note of when everyone BOASTS ABOUT HOW EASY WOH WAS, HOW MANY TIMES THEY CYCLED, etc etc etc.   

I actually thought the difficulty for this Wednesday was just about right for the prize. My issue last week was that the prize didn’t match the difficulty. I don’t mind spending gold (5,000 yesterday for 10 cycles) when the prize is something worth chasing. 

1. Walk-off will get harder. This was the same as last Wednesday, though many found it easier, probably because of 340 Meadows and another week to improve your team (I know I personally moved my top 2 RHB up from D7 and D4 to D10 because I expected this for Royale)
    2.  This isn’t a “classic” tower. They have to find one tower to rule them all for Royale. From what I’ve seen and read, it was beatable from silver through diamond if you had the players needed and some gold to use. 
    3.  Glu probably wants the tower to cost you some gold, just like prime events do. While we all want to beat it for free, when we have 1 tower difficulty it is t always going to be the case. 
    4.  It is still way better than it was this time last year. Anyone else remember struggling all day, spending 5K in gold, only to clear it and get your huge prize of 400 Max Prime Stanton that you could only level to silver 3?

I remember one event last year, probably in July, I was chasing the WOH reward of Freddie Freeman.  I spent like 7K on my first (and only) cycle attempt and never beat whoever was at 5.10 that day (it was a righty and I didn't have a great lefty bat).  I'm glad to be past those days, I almost swore off the game for good that day.   

Yesterday, at gold level, my first cycle cost me some gold (blew my video restart on Sale, then needed a restart on 5.10) and two boosts.  But then I cycled for free once live boost kicked in.  I enjoyed it yesterday, it seemed appropriately difficult.    

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Despite what may seem like just bitching I agree that for what we got as reward the difficulty suited it. I will not say I enjoyed myself however! Can't make me!
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    bigvivec said:

I remember one event last year, probably in July, I was chasing the WOH reward of Freddie Freeman.  I spent like 7K on my first (and only) cycle attempt and never beat whoever was at 5.10 that day (it was a righty and I didn't have a great lefty bat).  I'm glad to be past those days, I almost swore off the game for good that day.   

Yesterday, at gold level, my first cycle cost me some gold (blew my video restart on Sale, then needed a restart on 5.10) and two boosts.  But then I cycled for free once live boost kicked in.  I enjoyed it yesterday, it seemed appropriately difficult.    

Yea everything before last september, you were happy to be it once.   I mean those times which included the Diaz days in level 10 or the soft tossing Verlander were light years more difficult to what we have seen this year.  And that includes HOF WOH or what we saw yesterday.   You could literally face the guys 20 times in a row and not have a chance to win because you wouldnt get the pitches
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:

It's my opinion that GLU's priority isn't to make WoH 'easy' or 'difficult.' Their objective is to generate spending. The 2nd half of '18 and thus far, all of '19 has been rather easy because they've concluded that it's best for their bottom line.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.