Options

Weekend Sprint

UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
Out of all the events in Tap this has to be my least favorite. The only real way to get to top 3 is if you have bonus players and spend. What do you think Glu could do to bring life to this event or to the weekend period?

Comments

• Options
    AmbiguousAmbiguous Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I think it would be nice if they helped the lower clubs compete over the weekend. The whales of the game who dominate during the week collect all of the most powerful accolades and then dominate the weekend event as well. My club is very competitive and we still rarely make top 25 during the week and then its demoralizing to play the main event since we have no accolades, it leaves us seriously crippled there's almost no point in even trying. Not only that, but the rewards beyond 25 are useless. It is a terrible feeling for everyone in our club to play hard all day and feel good about our progress and potential and then to end up with absolutely nothing to show for our effort.

Maybe add more perks for ranks 25-50 and/or even out the distribution of accolades across the top clubs so it's not so lopsided. Right now, the top 3 get a massive boost, #4-25 get a minimal boost, and everyone else gets nothing.

I think more than just the top 25 clubs should be able to feel competitive.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    One of the simplest ways is to make the tier rewards useful.  This is a 60-hour event.  At least make the rewards comparable to the rewards for the other 12-hour events.  If you are competing enough to consistently put up 25 mil+, #1 picks are pretty much trade-ins for most teams.  Why not just give a serviceable amount of xp?  Why not give 200 gold at the top tier?  I have never understood the discrepancy.
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    In the past, the top reward was a straight up player. I think Glu should make the #1 reward a prime player, or at least something useful like a million cash and 100k XP and 50k pxp. Nobody wants some base 5 star players (at best). 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    One of the simplest ways is to make the tier rewards useful.  This is a 60-hour event.  At least make the rewards comparable to the rewards for the other 12-hour events.  If you are competing enough to consistently put up 25 mil+, #1 picks are pretty much trade-ins for most teams.  Why not just give a serviceable amount of xp?  Why not give 200 gold at the top tier?  I have never understood the discrepancy.
    But I really love getting that 3rd franchise player coin! lol. I wish they would take that away and add the 200 gold.  It doesn't make sense that tier 6 is more useless than 5, in my opinion anyway.  Maybe take away the pick and add in some prime xp, not that I have any prime players yet.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @CanadaCubs I only play bc my club Ike’s to stick together for all events. If My club didn’t play I would probably do just that chase cvc
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I pretty much take the weekends off except a little cvc. The rewards aren’t worth my time
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m honestly amazed people even play the weekend event. Outside of cvc, there’s really no reward 
    LOL......now you’ve gone and made people feel bad and will now start apologizing about their reasons why they still play.

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    In the past, the top reward was a straight up player. I think Glu should make the #1 reward a prime player, or at least something useful like a million cash and 100k XP and 50k pxp. Nobody wants some base 5 star players (at best). 
    This is exactly the problem though. The reward shouldn't be lower than what the single day events give. You get a prime player who gets a bonus on the weekend event, the top teams all get that player and the middle teams don't. Therefore, the middle teams can't compete in the weekend event either, and the incentive for winning is geared toward them. The top teams don't care about the weekend because they don't have much incentive to do so. 

In my eyes, that's a big part of what we're hearing; the weekend event is lame and the prize is too low. It doesn't make sense to have one of the weekday events carry a bigger prize, or even an equal one. 

They should give quality player rewards to players who finish top 25 or whatever the break-even point would be, but give prime players to clubs that finish in the top 3. That keeps everyone interested, and emphasizes the club concept. Glu gets more interaction, the weekend becomes more of the destination event (like its weekly Wrestlemania) and each week brings that sense of enthusiasm and hope that you could make your team better. I really don't gave any of those things right now. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    This is exactly the problem though. The reward shouldn't be lower than what the single day events give. You get a prime player who gets a bonus on the weekend event, the top teams all get that player and the middle teams don't. Therefore, the middle teams can't compete in the weekend event either, and the incentive for winning is geared toward them. The top teams don't care about the weekend because they don't have much incentive to do so. 

In my eyes, that's a big part of what we're hearing; the weekend event is lame and the prize is too low. It doesn't make sense to have one of the weekday events carry a bigger prize, or even an equal one. 

They should give quality player rewards to players who finish top 25 or whatever the break-even point would be, but give prime players to clubs that finish in the top 3. That keeps everyone interested, and emphasizes the club concept. Glu gets more interaction, the weekend becomes more of the destination event (like its weekly Wrestlemania) and each week brings that sense of enthusiasm and hope that you could make your team better. I really don't gave any of those things right now. 
    Honestly I think you’re asking too much.  Blessedly for me, the weekend event is low pressure unless we manage a good bracket and everyone has bonus guys.  Even then you still have all weekend to figure out some scoring times.  That leaves the rest of the weekend for friends, family and non tap fun.  I for one appreciate that the event is structured this way and is not too penal in the grand scheme if you take it off altogether and just play CvC.  
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Cvc and videos are usually my weekend  events
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Cooz19 said:

Honestly I think you’re asking too much.  Blessedly for me, the weekend event is low pressure unless we manage a good bracket and everyone has bonus guys.  Even then you still have all weekend to figure out some scoring times.  That leaves the rest of the weekend for friends, family and non tap fun.  I for one appreciate that the event is structured this way and is not too penal in the grand scheme if you take it off altogether and just play CvC.  

Agreed.  I usually find that the weekends when I have a big bonus guy and a chance for top 10 are the least fun for me.  I just don't want to grind prime event games every hour for 60 hours. It becomes more work than fun.   
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    That's my entire point though, and it's based on motivating people to play for more than what they already are. If you know you're not gonna do better than 25th, the effort you have to put in isn't satisfied by a decent reward. I don't think that's asking much of anything, and it fits in line with a business model that only benefits from increased activity. 

That certainly doesn't take away from the idea of not playing, which is perfectly fine. I'm supporting the structure of the event (2.5 day grind is fun after a slew of single day events), but hoping a bit more reward could be put on it, that's all.