Options

Bonus game day in Diamond.

Comments

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,723 Posts
    U must not be good at either. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You just sound like a total douche bud. The original poster is a good friend of mine, and yea if you could read properly  you would understand what he was saying.  Comments like that are not called for, I'm sure an admin will remove you shortly for it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Hovmania said:
    Sorry, it's hard to read while your mom is riding me. She's boring so I gotta keep myself occupied doing something.
    Hey. Leave that crap for global. This is the forum where people come to get advice and talk with others who enjoy the game. We don’t need that in here.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, he started 20 minutes into the event and I'm assuming burned a hole in his thumb the whole day. I'm also assuming he's using an iPhone, because I burned a hole in my thumb yesterday and barely cracked 550 games while waiting years in load time 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    HovmaniaHovmania Registered Users 15 Posts
    Right, cuz mine was the first douche bag comment. I misread the post, sure... no need to be a sarcastic twat about it.
  • Options
    To be fair, you did accuse a cool dude of cheating simply because you misunderstood what he was saying. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Well with no grounds youre accusing someone of cheating. When i know personally going through that many games is possible from last year, and now you're still going with the foul language and jerk comments.
  • Options

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2019
    At least he didn’t disagree the original post I guess!
  • Options
    Hovmania said:
    Can someone explain the math to me? Or rather how these people all cheat. The original poster said he won 1300 bonus games in 20 minutes. Assuming 200 losses in there, thats 75 bonus games a minute. I can play maybe 3 games in a minute. How are you all cheating?
    Also, if I won 1300 games I didn’t lose 200. Team winning percentage is a wee bit higher than that :)
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I like it @Hovmania...things are too vanilla in here! It was stated we’re here for advice and the like, but it’s really a Tiajuana bathroom where we are all measuring and bragging! Btw the way the toilet water is cold...and deep😎 hehehe
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Question for you gents- I just got to plat 6 and my ~97% win percentage throughout platinum has started to drop fairly significantly. Is this normal, or is the game warning me that my team may not be ready? 

I can post screenshots of my team if that helps.
  • Options
    Question for you gents- I just got to plat 6 and my ~97% win percentage throughout platinum has started to drop fairly significantly. Is this normal, or is the game warning me that my team may not be ready? 

This happened to me. I fell down to 86% at one point, but am now back to 91%. I’m winning way more than 91% now, but when you have played so many games it takes a long time to impact the win %
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It’s probably a product of facing very difficult opposition.  I went early and my win percentage tanked below 75% for awhile.   Once I started to get my team in place and got most of my guys at least mid diamond my win percentage is already back up to almost 85% and climbing steadily.

As far as folks thinking it’s not possible to win 1300 games in a day, when your team has set up well in diamond with proper resources in place the only limiting factor is time.  In a set of 1000 games now I might lose 40-50 and most of those are tourney games against some of the very best teams in TSB.  I don’t have anything amazing (TS around 114k, will lose some when Chavis and Devers PotM revert tomorrow) having 4 350 max D1 pitchers really makes it quite easy to win a lot of games quickly.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

It appears that you 'unlocked' a new wave of opponents. :) In all seriousness, the more wins you have, the tougher your matchups become. This is yet another reason many consider platinum to be no man's land. I'm not sure who you're currently losing to, but once you go up to diamond, you're likely to be facing the same competition that you're currently facing. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Okay, so does leveling tiers introduce tougher teams? I was just a little surprised to see the difference in Platinum 6 compared to platinum 1-5. I've got six bats and one sp at plat 10, a prime bat at p6, another prime bat at p3, and one bat at gold 10 so I figured I should be fine. The rest of my pitchers are gold 10, which is a bit of a weak spot, but not something I'm too worried about. I guess I'll just keep driving on and see what happens! Thanks, guys. Have a great day!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited June 2019
    As you go up you’ll want to drag a few more starters to at least plat.  It will help with tourneys and not having to use as many ice wraps and will cut down on the losses.  I don’t know who you’re playing but I’ve been playing the same teams since I got to maybe Plat 2-3 and it’s interesting over time to see the teams that clobber you early become easy wins as your team grows stronger.  I went from Gold to D6 in about a week, The huge evo payday at D6 was a big motivation factor for me and while my team honestly was a little weak at the time I kinda figured plat was “purgatory” where you need more resources but there’s no evo unless you  evo hunt or buy lots of evo boxes instead of player boxes.
  • Options
    Okay, so does leveling tiers introduce tougher teams? I was just a little surprised to see the difference in Platinum 6 compared to platinum 1-5. I've got six bats and one sp at plat 10, a prime bat at p6, another prime bat at p3, and one bat at gold 10 so I figured I should be fine. The rest of my pitchers are gold 10, which is a bit of a weak spot, but not something I'm too worried about. I guess I'll just keep driving on and see what happens! Thanks, guys. Have a great day!
    It's because your win total has brought you in a new tier, matchup-wise.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    It's because your win total has brought you in a new tier, matchup-wise.
    Aaahhh, thank you @DFBB
  • Options
    As you go up you’ll want to drag a few more starters to at least plat.  It will help with tourneys and not having to use as many ice wraps and will cut down on the losses.  I don’t know who you’re playing but I’ve been playing the same teams since I got to maybe Plat 2-3 and it’s interesting over time to see the teams that clobber you early become easy wins as your team grows stronger.  I went from Gold to D6 in about a week, The huge evo payday at D6 was a big motivation factor for me and while my team honestly was a little weak at the time I kinda figured plat was “purgatory” where you need more resources but there’s no evo unless you  evo hunt or buy lots of evo boxes instead of player boxes.
    That makes sense! I'm trying to get to diamond, and focusing on woh. I'm hoping to cycle two or three guys in diamond before I start focusing on pitchers/bonus games/tournaments while I'm there, so I'm babying my bats and neglecting my pitchers 😂
  • Options
    DFBB said:

It appears that you 'unlocked' a new wave of opponents. :) In all seriousness, the more wins you have, the tougher your matchups become. This is yet another reason many consider platinum to be no man's land. I'm not sure who you're currently losing to, but once you go up to diamond, you're likely to be facing the same competition that you're currently facing. 
     @df@DFBB it seems like after two to four wins, I get smacked in the mouth with one of these 😁
  • Options
    Yup. You're going to face all the same teams myself and the rest of the diamond guys(or those with a lot of wins) face:
    Jtsnow, longhorn, ranger5, lefty10, @LudwigMonster, crushcity, bumbleebee, etc, etc.

As I mentioned in a different thread, many have chosen to block teams that greatly outmatch them. However, keep in mind that blocked teams still show up in tourneys.
  • Options
    Ah, yes. Those names sound familiar 😂 I know for certain Ludwig smacked me in the mouth in a tournament, luckily I had a video to retry and with an ice pack I was able to get by him. Guess it's time to just step my game up, thanks man!
  • Options
    DFBB said:

@df@DFBB it seems like after two to four wins, I get smacked in the mouth with one of these 😁

B) 

• Options
    edited June 2019
    @Bigpredfan show off 😂 I saw you helping out newfy yesterday, I think you have about 30-50k on me 😵
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan show off 😂 I saw you helping out newfy yesterday, I think you have about 30-50k on me 😵
    Buddy it might be closer to a “M” than a “K” ;)
  • Options

• Options
    I meant team strength 🤤
  • Options
    I meant team strength 🤤
    Lol. Gotcha. I’m around 133K after this weekend’s new additions of the RP and the Prime Báez. 
  • Options
    Nice! You're at about 150% of my team strength, I better not see your name in a bonus game 😂😂