Options

The Evil Empire Returns

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
Hey look. Another Gary Sanchez. At least this time he is slow.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Only guy I want is Sanchez 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    48 speed!
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

The only guy in either box that interests me is maybe Judge Prime, with the double righty skill.  But I'm at gold so leveling primes is rough right now. 

The 340 Peralta is decent but I'm not even sure I'd level another 340 OF.  I have four, two of them unlevelled. 

• Options
    It's funny, both Sanchez' this year in warmup gear and not catching. Is Glu trying to say something here?
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Sorry....compared to the last two weeks, these boxes suck.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts

• Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Last week boxes were pretty good I landed almost every big bonus player with a combination of free boxes and 2500 gold spent
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,096 Posts
    Same.  I've had a 4-star Ramos now since the 2nd week of the game... maybe 3rd.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Not bad.  
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Marte would help with Sale, but I have double late inning Bell in that spot so I'm good there.
  • Options
    That Marte will be the best WOH contributor against LHP (Sale) for a BXP guy. Low speed and high hit and power make him a killer.
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    It's the exact same as last week. One box more expensive, with only 2 blue xp and 2 primes. One cheaper box with 2 blue xp, 2 primes and a recycled old blue xp player.

The boxes both weekends suck. They continue to push prime players like mad but provide no way to level them. I mean I am saving a lot of gold last 2 weeks with all the garbage boxes, but it's not a lot fun lol.

I was desperate for a catcher though, so I bought 5 and luck smiled on me, got Sanchez. No more spending for me this weekend. 
  • Options
    Haha, me too. 4 star Ramos had been my catcher since around same time. Second on my team in at bats behind my legend. But luck finally smiled on me and got Sanchez. Hope you get lucky too :smile:
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,857 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Deleted
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Of course I get Judge and happ 
  • Options
    @Haraycaray What’s wrong? Not enough PXP to get them to Diamond? That’s okay. I wouldn’t be happy about it either. That’s the downside of leveling up I guess. 
  • Options
    @navyjack77 yeah but it’s okay I bought them with gold I didn’t pay for and each Judge hit is 180k so 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Judge is good enough imo he would make for a nice long-term project though, if you are diamond.
  • Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Screenshot of Marte G10 anybody?
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    It's the exact same as last week. One box more expensive, with only 2 blue xp and 2 primes. One cheaper box with 2 blue xp, 2 primes and a recycled old blue xp player.

The boxes both weekends suck. They continue to push prime players like mad but provide no way to level them. I mean I am saving a lot of gold last 2 weeks with all the garbage boxes, but it's not a lot fun lol.

I was desperate for a catcher though, so I bought 5 and luck smiled on me, got Sanchez. No more spending for me this weekend. 
    The way to level them is there brother......it just ain’t free. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Pretty solid 
  • Options
    tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    As anyone pulled Bryant from the Gatorade box
  • Options
    bigvivec said:

Pretty solid 

This seems comparable to my HoF Edgar keeper. Looking to cap that binch Monday...
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Marte got me to spend money for the first time in a month 
  • Options
    Hey look. Another Gary Sanchez. At least this time he is slow.
    3rd time is the charm for Sanchez. Glu’s favorite team this year seems to be Yankees. 
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    bigvivec said:

The way to level them is there brother......it just ain’t free. 
    Yeah I know, but for mid/lower level players like myself, prime xp is so hard to come by that buying a box, or even attempting hall of fame walk off mode in hopes of landing a prime player, holds zero appeal. I have 3 prime players in my inactives already. I don't need more. Would just be nice to see more blue xp players in these boxes, it would appeal to a much wider range of players IMO.

I bought zero boxes last weekend and if Sanchez wasn't the only position where I had less than 5 star player, I would not have bought for 2 straight weeks and just stacked gold. I fail to see how that is in Glu's best interest, but they obviously know their business model pretty well. 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,096 Posts
    Haha, me too. 4 star Ramos had been my catcher since around same time. Second on my team in at bats behind my legend. But luck finally smiled on me and got Sanchez. Hope you get lucky too :smile:
    I hate you lol.  Congrats though.  I never get anything from boxes, unless it's PoTW, but that can be rare too.  It loves giving me 4x number 1 picks!  I did buy 2 empire boxes though and got more inactives, Paxton and Didi.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Anyone else agree that these animations have been pretty brutal this year? But I will agree that it’s better than a mugshot. So I guess I’m halfway on this.
  • Options
    Great idea for next weekend’s boxes. Mugshot Box!!!
  • Options
    Blew through my reserve trying for Gary smh