Options

Buttery smooth

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,857 Posts
I made the mistake of playing tsb 18 for a minute earlier, and holy crap 18 is lightning fast compared to 19. I truly hope the impending update speeds things up for 19, because now that I've noticed the difference it can not be unseen 😢 why in the world is there such a drastic difference in game speed?
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I made the mistake of playing tsb 18 for a minute earlier, and holy crap 18 is lightning fast compared to 19. I truly hope the impending update speeds things up for 19, because now that I've noticed the difference it can not be unseen 😢 why in the world is there such a drastic difference in game speed?
    Guess: so many more people playing 2019 over 2018 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    WoH and CvC have slight stutter for me in 19 but not awful. I think the issue is Android vs. iOS network. I don't have any evidence other than those that complain of lag are Android users and it sounds way worse than anything I've experienced on an iPhone.

edit: I also wonder if it's a Wi-Fi vs LTE thing. God, so many variables. Would take and above average technical person having the issue to come up with method to reproduce.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    WoH and CvC have slight stutter for me in 19 but not awful. I think the issue is Android vs. iOS network. I don't have any evidence other than those that complain of lag are Android users and it sounds way worse than anything I've experienced on an iPhone.

edit: I also wonder if it's a Wi-Fi vs LTE thing. God, so many variables. Would take and above average technical person having the issue to come up with method to reproduce.
    iPhone vs Android is a great guess. I don’t see a difference because I’m IOS, but someone otherwise would probably see a huge difference from what I hear 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,857 Posts
    @Bigpredfan I'm sure that could definitely have something to do with it 🤔 @dustyhunks I am an Android user, but I can sit still and switch between the two games and there's a remarkable difference. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If you think 18 is fast then you should see 17. Still my favorite. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

iPhone vs Android is a great guess. I don’t see a difference because I’m IOS, but someone otherwise would probably see a huge difference from what I hear 
    It's the Ios/Android issue. My wife's phone is an older iphone and it runs '19 flawlessly.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

But would this not be a server issue?  
    Not with one platform having performance degradation issues versus another. Windows software/games have issues all time where versions are optimized for this GPU or that CPU etc. It's almost certainly a software issue.