Options

Players starting at your team tier

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
who here would be inclined to spend more if this came back? 

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    To me, they fixed this with the 2019 version. The amount of XP needed is reduced at platinum and the cost is greatly reduced at diamond. It hasn’t affected me this year like it did last year because of the reduced cost to level up someone in diamond. 

Last year if I got someone new, it would take a month to get them to diamond 10. This year?  3 hours. 

God Bless Glu 
  • Options
    What do you mean @Haraycaray?
    2017 if you were diamond and got a player they started at diamond 1, not bronze 1
  • Options
    This would be beneficial... especially for potm/potw players.  We would absolutely rake in the bxp in woh with that in place
    For those who stay gold it saves 6-7K per player in XP and still costs 25K to go from gold 1 to gold 10.   

Silver players it saves 850 BXP

where it would be beneficial is primes. 
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’m just thinking, and this is a not thought out idea, but wouldn’t some if not most crank up the spending and not be so frugal? 
  • Options
    I’m just thinking, and this is a not thought out idea, but wouldn’t some if not most crank up the spending and not be so frugal? 
    See I think this is why they lowered the cost in platinum and diamond. To crank up the spending. Would I buy Marte if I couldn’t level him in diamond?  No way. I haven’t done the math, but I believe that it costs me way less to level up this year from bronze 1 to diamond 10 than it did in 2017 to go from diamond 1 to diamond 10. 

Just think about the gold gold that was removed alone. Now consider than diamond 1-2 was 25K and diamond 9-10 was 90K. This year it is 14K for diamond 1-2 and 55K for diamond 9-10. 

And I can’t stress this enough, it doesn’t cost any gold. 

I would much rather have this system than the one we had in 2017, even with them starting at our own level. It may actually still be cheaper
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Diamond more affordable?? It sure is..and it’s definitely a huge step in the right direction. Kudos to glu 👏. It’s still expensive tho just to much for me unfortunately.. I’ll stay silver forever just like every year 😂
    I love being able to cap a player immediately and have 250k xp to sit on.. I’m a silver 10  for life  xp, pxp, blue cash hoarder 🤣 
  • Options
    Diamond more affordable?? It sure is..and it’s definitely a huge step in the right direction. Kudos to glu 👏. It’s still expensive tho just to much for me unfortunately.. I’ll stay silver forever just like every year 😂
    I love being able to cap a player immediately and have 250k xp to sit on.. I’m a silver 10  for life  xp, pxp, blue cash hoarder 🤣 
    Well I capped 2 new players this weekend, have 150K BXP and 4.6 mil in cash. 

To each their own. Lol. 

(Primes aren’t very possible yet for us diamond folk)

God Bless Glu 
  • Options
    I used that nifty search bar and found the numbers i was looking for.  This is for BXP players as I don’t know the prime numbers for 2019 yet.  Evo and gold for the evo levels haven’t changed to my knowledge. 

2017- to level a player from diamond 1 to diamond 10 (if you were diamond and drafted a player he started diamond 1)

460,000 XP and 16,000 gold. 

2019- to level a player from bronze 1 to diamond 10

365,300 XP and no gold. 

• Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    How are you diamond players getting that much bxp? You only get 2-3k per club event. Are you buying xp boxes with the gold you get by cycling diamond? 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I used that nifty search bar and found the numbers i was looking for.  This is for BXP players as I don’t know the prime numbers for 2019 yet.  Evo and gold for the evo levels haven’t changed to my knowledge. 

2017- to level a player from diamond 1 to diamond 10 (if you were diamond and drafted a player he started diamond 1)

365,300 XP and no gold. 

366,300 xp 😳😳 wow... not a chance I’m ever going past silver. I can only imagine time invested in woh to cap players. Just not feasible for me. 
  • Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    How are you diamond players getting that much bxp? You only get 2-3k per club event. Are you buying xp boxes with the gold you get by cycling diamond? 
    You rack up draft picks from bonus games, and If you cycle WOH with the player reward that day at diamond you get ~20k bxp
  • Options

365,300 XP and no gold. 

366,300 xp 😳😳 wow... not a chance I’m ever going past silver. I can only imagine time invested in woh to cap players. Just not feasible for me. 
    It’s not for everyone and that’s ok. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there isn’t one right way to play it. Each player is different. 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I maybe wrong, but I thought in the new upcoming update that if you had a player at say Silver 10 and If im gold I get the duplicate player it would evolve to Gold 1. Or is it you pull the same player 2x it jumps to your current level? Maybe I’m just pulling this out of my rear....
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Recliner said:
    You rack up draft picks from bonus games, and If you cycle WOH with the player reward that day at diamond you get ~20k bxp
    Can you elaborate @Recliner? I understand you trade in inactive players for xp, that's a mother-eff ton of picks, right? So you're talking about several thousand bonus games, right? Assuming you don't cycle woh multiple times. 
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    Recliner said:
    Can you elaborate @Recliner? I understand you trade in inactive players for xp, that's a mother-eff ton of picks, right? So you're talking about several thousand bonus games, right? Assuming you don't cycle woh multiple times. 
    Well last Thursday I ended the day with roughly 250 2nd round picks and 350 late round picks, after I opened 200 late round picks from walk-off on Wednesday. As far as the getting the player multiple times thing goes, just look at this screenshot from this weekend when I opened a box and got a player I already had maxed out in diamond. 

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Big predator youve got me convinced to move up. I’ve stayed at gold previous years and want a little more out of the game this year. I just need a nice week or two and hopefully I’ll be there soon