Options

Team Str and Season Mode: Like Oil and Water

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Many guys(in fact, everyone I know) are getting waxed in diamond season mode. I've crept up to about 150k in team strength and as a result, my season mode matchups are brutal. Now, I can choose to manipulate my team strength for a slightly more favorable matchup, but is that what the developers want us to do? Seems silly. To quote a good friend in the same boat, 'just give us a chance.'

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    A friend, who has a similar team strength, shared this with me:

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Remember, those teams will never become better or get any higher. I believe this is a disadvantage of going diamond early on. The available players now have too low of a max to compete against these “set” teams. Comparatively, your team is awesome vs other players, however unless everyone is maxed diamond, you will not stand a chance until higher max players become available... just my .02
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,725 Posts
    It definitely seems to be a problem for many. I only went platinum last week and saw a huge discrepancy in season mode. Diamond doesn’t look fun in season mode but advantages elsewhere  
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,857 Posts
    Sheesh! Not a fan of a 301 overall being a 531! Max should mean max 😂 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    They were that way back in ‘18 also just most of us when we went to diamond late in the season had 180-220+k teams so it wasn’t quite as dramatic as it feels right now.  I’m 6-18 right now myself and only a few players on my team can match even a 4-4.5* pitcher when a guy like Greinke for me was 379 or something like that (114k TS, every starting lineup player and all 5 starting pitchers are diamond).
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @DFBB I don't recall seeing your application to become a brave? 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Houmy, 150g can go a long ways nowadays. 😁