Options

Season pennants

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
Is it possible that season pennants do come into play during woh. Both guys with the same ratings and skill level but LaStella has more season pennants and a 1 point higher rating. 

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    If it takes that many pennants (53 vs 22) for a 0.3% difference, then I’m gonna say no. The pennant screen says he should be boosted by 53% as opposed to 22%. 
  • Options
    Any idea why the difference?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Does LaStella have better or worse speed than Pence?  The skills only apply to the hitting and power ratings right?  So that could be where it makes a small difference in the overall rating 
  • Options
    #pennantgate has been around for a long time buddy. No one believes that their players are boosted by 53%. People would know that for sure 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    They're supposed to boost batters' hitting and pitchers' stuff ratings, doesn't mention any other aspect.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Rounding, plain and simple. 
  • Options
    It certainly doesn't appear to be what is advertised, that's for sure. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Does LaStella have better or worse speed than Pence?  The skills only apply to the hitting and power ratings right?  So that could be where it makes a small difference in the overall rating 
    LaStella 178 pence 198 speed rating. Pennants was the only thing that I could think of 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    LaStella 178 pence 198 speed rating. Pennants was the only thing that I could think of 
    That’s why LaStella is higher. The skills only affecting the hit and power rating means they affect LaStella more than Pence. Just enough to push the number above 310.5, so that it rounds up
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks. I know that we are all trying to figure when and where the season pennants come into play. Thought that maybe I was on to something. I guess not. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    The elite CvC guys that I have talked to swear up and down that having maxed pennants matters (for CvC specifically).
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Where it shows 53.0% for la stella, are they using  Fantasyland math that is equivalent to 0.53% here on Earth? 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Where it shows 53.0% for la stella, are they using  Fantasyland math that is equivalent to 0.53% here on Earth? 

I think that just means you are 53% to having 100 pennants. Don't think it means you get a 53% boost. It's just a progress indicator of how much you have them leveled.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    The elite CvC guys that I have talked to swear up and down that having maxed pennants matters (for CvC specifically).
    I’ve begun to think this as well. It’s the only reason I can think of for why moving up makes the batters worse against the same pitchers.  
  • Options
    I’ve begun to think this as well. It’s the only reason I can think of for why moving up makes the batters worse against the same pitchers.  

Yup, what I've been told is CvC is all about being maxed at your tier (players capped, skills leveled, upgrades maxed, pennants maxed).
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Interesting.....but I could have sworn my performance in CvC went down while still in silver one day.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY you're probably correct, but it feels like that makes too much sense 😂
  • Options
    I have some guys at 35/80 and it shows 36% 🤔 

Weird that the percentage is off by 1, but it is calculated out of the max possible of 100 not just the 80 for your tier. 
  • Options
    Damn you caught me before I deleted that. Yeah, that makes sense. I don't know how I missed that.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Yup, what I've been told is CvC is all about being maxed at your tier (players capped, skills leveled, upgrades maxed, pennants maxed).
    I can’t even imagine how long it would take someone to max out pennants at even silver. You have to keep your roster consistent for a long time and play 12 season games a day, winning most games and all playoff series for a few months, right? 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I have some guys at 35/80 and it shows 36% 🤔 

Weird that the percentage is off by 1, but it is calculated out of the max possible of 100 not just the 80 for your tier. 
    There are two values shown, current percentage and next once given pennants are added. Like skills 8 >> 9 etc. 
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Yes, depends if season mode is a priority.  I use 150 gold each season game to play at eight games at a time, so 24 a day.  All pennant starters are capped in gold.  My cvc scores are good, but not incredible.  About a million for high rounds without gold.  Also all of my upgrades are capped, including the lame ones.  Shows the crazy rounds we see people put up use the cvc investment and a lot of gold.

By the way, in pennants it doesn’t show MyLegend as a batter under your team, but does show the amount of Pennants for MyLegend under your batting order tab as your current team.  I maxed out my current team pennants and now MyLegend leads the league in all hitting categories in season mode. Could be a coincidence but third season in after maxing my current teams pennants. 
  • Options
    We never really see where it comes into play but I think that this might be visual proof that it does. I should have done a screenshot but with the live boost LaStella was 2 points higher than pence. I’m not ready to dismiss my theory yet. I will take screenshots Wednesday