Options

WoH Royale for 7-3-19: Talking All Stars!!!

Comments

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Digem said:
    Where is Jorge Polanco?? 4th in hits, 9th in avg, 1st Time ASG Starter. 
    He's still getting screwed, @Digem
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    As an angels fan, I'm obligated to cycle cap him. Besides the bxp and my obligations, I am not excited about this.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Which one of the Tigers/White Sox games today gets the live boost?  Is the early game the reschedule?
    The early game is the makeup game. No boost for that one.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    From the looks of it we will probably get another All Star Box, probably the NL/AL boxes since this box is just for today and tomorrow. So save some gold y’all!
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    From the looks of it we will probably get another All Star Box, probably the NL/AL boxes since this box is just for today and tomorrow. So save some gold y’all!
    Totally agree, if you miss today on some boxes I'm sure there will be more rounds of boxes later in the week. Hoping the All Star Javy Baez is going to be a beast. Can really use an upgrade at SS.
  • Options
    Also, a huge factor is that the weekend boxes will be eligible for the 30% discount.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Did anyone notice that Harper in the fan rewards is 50k gold????
    I know he is a WOH beast with those skills and the super low speed, but 50k for a 380 player when we already have 390 and 400 players in the current box? I think GLU screwed this one (for a change)
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Players of the Month Cole, Scherzer, LeMahieu, Blackmon
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Players of the Month Cole, Scherzer, LeMahieu, Blackmon
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    tocopan18 said:
    Did anyone notice that Harper in the fan rewards is 50k gold????
    I know he is a WOH beast with those skills and the super low speed, but 50k for a 380 player when we already have 390 and 400 players in the current box? I think GLU screwed this one (for a change)
    I know he's not ideal for many, but the previous 50k rewards were laughable. Bryce is going to be a WoH stud for a decent while.
  • Options
    I’m going to call it right now while these boxes are decent and the odds for a Prime are actually pretty good, the next All Star boxes will be better.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Yeah I’m NOT whelmed by these boxes at all. Took it to 2500 fan rewards all xp..so I’m done lol 
  • Options
    Yeah I’m NOT whelmed by these boxes at all. Took it to 2500 fan rewards all xp..so I’m done lol 
    I like the prime players, but I just can't afford them...so I'm just window shopping.
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Pulled prime Marte but I already have the 350/bxp Marte capped at Platinum. 
    Took about 4 more pulls and got LaStella. Yipee skipee. Was hoping for Pence.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Trying to plan out whether or not this is worth cycle capping. The bases empty skill is a real downer
    I am, even though he won’t make my lineup. 

Ill still gain XP out of the deal and if the bonus games have a good multiplier, then I’ll have him and hit those   Worst case scenario is that I gain a lot of XP, cash, and picks. 

Edit: I can also cycle with just video boosts. I wouldn’t be doing it if I was having to pay gold for boosts/restarts 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I can win with gold boosts on the last two just because I’d like to avoid having to restart as often, I’ll have live boosts here in a few hours.  I probably won’t get to cap him as that will take 7 more cycles but I’ll have a useful player nonetheless.
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    to those wanting them to amp up the difficulty a big FU! Gold 10 players with capped upgrades and skills to the point of legend xp for my top hitters should NOT be Sale's bitch! Finally passed him only to get noodle bat against Arrieta. Thanks Glu. 
  • Options
    Lmbo! Man It’s like Glu put a code in for Sale to trick you with that “fastball” for you to end up grounding or flying out. @KSMETS
  • Options
    @UltimateWarrior that picture is soooo true! Waiting for the live boost to try and finish this crap. 

• Options
    @KSMETS Who are you using vs Sale and Arrieta?
  • Options
    @DFBB
    holy crap I feel like I have made it to have a  response from you! That being said, Hunter Pence for Sale and Austin Meadows for Arrieta (the one and only time I got there.) I am gold so they are both capped at G10.
  • Options
    KSMETS said:
    @DFBB
    holy crap I feel like I have made it to have a  response from you! That being said, Hunter Pence for Sale and Austin Meadows for Arrieta (the one and only time I got there.) I am gold so they are both capped at G10.
    Meadows should dominate Arrieta. You probably just had bad rng. With Sale, he can be a little punk. I've heard many guys have issues with him and since Pence doesn't start out double boosted, it's far from free. The live boost kicks in soon so hopefully, that will help you out. GL!
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    KSMETS said:
    @DFBB
    Meadows should dominate Arrieta. You probably just had bad rng. With Sale, he can be a little punk. I've heard many guys have issues with him and since Pence doesn't start out double boosted, it's far from free. The live boost kicks in soon so hopefully, that will help you out. GL!
    Meadows is definitely a beast here, but if anyone is struggling against arrieta with their lefty and has a righty with rhp skills, that may be the way to go to cancel arrietas lhb skill. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Very good point @retirepujols.

Edit:. I usually save Monster May Bell for him (switch hitter w/ double late-inning), but I have used righties w/ rhp skills before.
  • Options
    By the way, our woh reward has a broken leg. How fast would Glu hq burn down if injuries became a factor in this game?
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Major RNG hell here. Cycled twice and then no more strikes from Sale, nothing straight. 0/6 since, blew through 400k cash on level 5 alone. 
  • Options
    Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Sale is a punk for sure.  I've only been able to go through once, and that took longer than I had hoped. Might have to hold off until live boost and see how I fare then for round 2.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I have 5 in and just got to my live boost. Decided to cycle cap laStella. I will now have 2 platinum 10 laStellas. 
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I had zero problems with sale, but can't get past Arrieta. I am done trying since the reward isn't worth the hassle. The first All star box was already enough of a disappoint. The odds are much lower than last year and the top guys are pxp. They are are double skilled, which is better than last year. But the push to spend gold or money on pxp since, its not readily available, really makes this box unappealing.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I don’t think this is the All Star box. This is only first time All Star starters. I hope I am right and the real boxes will be released this weekend.