Options

I have a dilemma

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
Should I spend my gold, about 7k, to get Woodruff at 5k, get some all star boxes. Or should save till the weekend and next in hope of better boxes for the all star game? 

Comments

• Options
    EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I'd personally wait. Don't spend the gold to get Woodruff. Spend the gold on stuff you need/want. If it adds up, you'll get Woodruff as a bonus. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • Options
    Ebiggz said:
    I'd personally wait. Don't spend the gold to get Woodruff. Spend the gold on stuff you need/want. If it adds up, you'll get Woodruff as a bonus. 
    I’ll add that I do need the players like the 2nd baseman from the box, and woodruff would fit in as my 4th starter 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I agree with @Ebiggz, and optimally you'd want to find a new ace to push the rest of your sp's down, not a guy that will be your fourth (second worst) sp. That just sounds like someone that will be gone soon. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I agree with @Ebiggz, and optimally you'd want to find a new ace to push the rest of your sp's down, not a guy that will be your fourth sp now. That just sounds like someone that will be gone soon. 
    I currently have Arrieta as my sp2(Gibson is sp1). Even though I still have two d1 starters, I won't level a new SP unless he is better than Arrieta. Fwiw, I got Woody, but he will likely stay at b1 even though he'd be my #3 SP.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I would add that these boxes are probably better than the weekend boxes, which usually have like 12-16% chance. These at least have 21%
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    ^ that's a good point, but on the flip side the rest of the all stars should be released this weekend (hopefully). 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I must be cursed or something with these damn boxes. It took me 14 boxes to even get a player yesterday. Considering the odds are 21%, that's insane. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I must be cursed or something with these damn boxes. It took me 14 boxes to even get a player yesterday. Considering the odds are 21%, that's insane. 
    I feel your pain man. I opened 22 boxes yesterday and only got two players. Today, I opened two and got a player. Hopefully, your luck turns.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I would add that these boxes are probably better than the weekend boxes, which usually have like 12-16% chance. These at least have 21%
    Thats's because they cost 700 gold. The 700 gold boxes always have higher odds than the 500 gold weekend boxes. We'll see if that holds true this weekend, but it's been the case so far this year.
  • Options
    So it sounds like I should wait for next week during the all star break for better boxes? 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I was chasing judge 2 weeks ago when the 50k fan rewards was Stanton. I opened 100 boxes and never got him. I really wish that I would have bought pxp improve boxes with at least half of that gold. Of course I got Stanton but couldn’t really level him up. I won’t do that again. 
  • Options
    What should I do!? I want to take the chance but maybe next week is better
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    marcoslo said:
    What should I do!? I want to take the chance but maybe next week is better

I fought the urge all day yesterday and held off from buying boxes with the hopes the Actual all star boxes will be better.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I feel your pain man. I opened 22 boxes yesterday and only got two players. Today, I opened two and got a player. Hopefully, your luck turns.
    The odds have not been in my favor for awhile, I’m hoping it changes this weekend..this year has been all or nothing for me with boxes...when I hit it’s insane, no double pulls right down the line of top guys, when it’s bad Well we all have been there
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    If remember correctly last year the All-Star boxes were 1400g per and the odd were same as POTM boxes.
    Need more Living Legends!