Options

Cry baby post (box odds)

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
6% chance, my ๐Ÿด! 6% odds should land you in the ballpark of 6 primes per 100 boxes, and slightly over 7 out of 120 boxes. Having pulled 120 boxes, and receiving one prime, I feel pretty confident that these odds are total ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ’ฉ. End crybaby rant. Have a good weekend!
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    You seriously bought 120 boxes? Like, just today??ย 
  • Options
    @Cooz19 I have made very questionable life choices today, yes. I've also been saving my gold for quite some time for one specific player in this box that I knew would be there.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @retirepujols Damn man. I've definitely been there. Sorry dude.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    That mead me 2 weeks ago. Chasing skirts is a whole lot easier than chasing these stupid players.ย 
  • Options
    Indeed, @2003cobra. Thank you, @DFBB. I've had this day mapped out and planned for too long for it to go wrong LOL. Pull Trout, jump to diamond, jump into a discount club and have enough pxp to level him to d-10, murder Mondays woh, and have a grand old time. I guess step one was too much ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    I've already tried 121 @CanadaCubs ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I also sent a message to CS explaining the diaper rash I've received from this experience. Just a friendly reminder to them that these box odds are a dumpster fire. I understand not pulling the one guy I'm chasing, when I should have at least received a few more primes in those pulls ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ oh well, I just had to complain somewhere.
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Ive had terrible luck for a few weeks, dropped 5k gold and got baez and degrom. Luck really comes and goes
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    @retirepujols I know I will probably hit a nerve but who were you chasing?
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    @lpoheron It's totally true. I was ice cold the last few weeks and even started 0 for my first five boxes yesterday. Then I got five players in my next 11 or something like that. It's just about accepting that, over time, box-pulled players cost far more than 500 gold, and the only way to build that way is to pull several boxes.ย 

Excuse me, I'm about to buy 8 boxes for the price of 5, and either praise the wisdom of that theory, or call myself on major BS.ย 

• Options
    @ZaneJ78 I was fishing for some Trout. Baez would have been accepted, though.
  • Options
    @retirepujols I was lucky enough to pull Verlander and Javy. I am still thinking about going after Trout as well.
  • Options
    What makes it worse is I pulled Arenado as my only prime, and 3b is the only position that I have a capped prime at already ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    ZaneJ78 said:
    @retirepujols I was lucky enough to pull Verlander and Javy. I am still thinking about going after Trout as well.
    @retirepujols "I'm starving and I am near death."
    @ZaneJ78 "Yeah? Crazy. I just had like five plates of food at this buffet. I'm thinking about going back for some more prime rib and chicken wings."ย 

• Options
    edited July 2019
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ excellent inclusion of "prime" rib, cooz
  • Options
    @Cooz19 HILARIOUS!! I broke out laughing.
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    This was me with the monsters of May boxes.ย  I only opened 22 of them(20 with gold, 2 from fan rewards) and the best thing they gave me was regular 5 star Arenado one time.ย  It's something I'll never forget.ย  My grandchildren will hear about this!
    Just no.ย ย 
  • Options
    I know someone is bound to drop a screenshot of Trout sooner or later. I wonder who it will be ๐Ÿค” my money's on pred
  • Options
    Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I havenโ€™t heard of anyone pulling him
  • Options

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I just went the 8-for-route, and pulled only deGromm...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'll trade you for the closer I got, @Tdub71.ย 

Getting a closer from a box is like playing a game to a tie. It isn't a win, and it isn't a loss. It makes you better than those who lost, but you aren't on the level of those who won. But at least it pisses you off when you think of it and see it on your team.ย 

I look at my bullpen and all I see are two guys I got instead of bxp/pxp, and I'm not sure if either have helped me any better than those would have.ย 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    17 boxes (10 buys, 5 gift, 2 fan rewards), and only deGromm to show for it.ย  My diaper is starting to fill up, too, @retirepujols.
  • Options
    I'm in a pickle. I ended up buying a "few" more boxes, and pulled Baez. SS is my weakest position, so quite a fine pull for me. I refuse to buy any more boxes, so the only chances of me pulling trout is either through some gifts or CVC rewards. I'm torn between waiting for those incredibly awful chances at pulling trout from rewards boxes, and just jumping to diamond right now and taking beaz as far as he can go. @DFBB would you happen to have a chart or a list of how much pxp it cost to take a player to d-10? I figure if anyone has a list or chart, it would be you or @Bigpredfan
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Atleast pxp for striking out on the boxes lessens the pain
  • Options
    @whammo911 it turns it from being slapped in the back with a massive sunburn, to being slapped in the face but no sunburn. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    Here ya go buddy:ย 

• Options
    @dfbb thank you, good sir. Just to make sure, that's for pxp and not bxp, correct? I want to minimize the amount of mistakes I'm about to make ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @dfbb thank you, good sir. Just to make sure, that's for pxp and not bxp, correct? I want to minimize the amount of mistakes I'm about to make ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Correct. There's another list that has '18's cost(pxp is 188 there), but I can confirm that the one I shared is accurate. I'm sure you're aware, but plenty of 30% discount clubs out there too. Take advantage!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I'm in a pickle. I ended up buying a "few" more boxes, and pulled Baez. SS is my weakest position, so quite a fine pull for me. I refuse to buy any more boxes, so the only chances of me pulling trout is either through some gifts or CVC rewards. I'm torn between waiting for those incredibly awful chances at pulling trout from rewards boxes, and just jumping to diamond right now and taking beaz as far as he can go. @DFBB would you happen to have a chart or a list of how much pxp it cost to take a player to d-10? I figure if anyone has a list or chart, it would be you or @Bigpredfan
    I Started to answer, then saw your post was answered, so Iโ€™ll leave what i do with primes here.

Iโ€™m not leveling a Prime if I canโ€™t get him to D1 from the start.ย 

• Options
    edited July 2019
    @retirepujols If you want to cap, it's about 655k pxp from b1 to d10. Pxp is precious, as you know, so think it over carefully.

edit: 655k is with the 30% discount.