Options

Question about CvC

cuseC08cuseC08 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
I’ve seen some comments in the FB groups and on this forum that it’s not good to score too many points in CvC if you’ve already got MVP and high round in the bag. Can someone explain this logic? I can only assume you get matched against stronger opponents based on your CvC points in previous matches. Thanks for any insight!

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You hit it on the nose. Matchups are based on scores of the most recent round.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Thanks, as this confirms what I had recently started to suspect.  I’m in a solo club, so I have no chance of ever finishing high in the overall CvC rankings, making it that much more important for me to win each match with high round and MVP.  If I get matched against a powerhouse (happens on occasion) I only play one entry that round, so that my next opponent is much weaker.  I really love these forums, they’re so helpful!
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    👆 exactly this.  I don't go out on my own for CVC, but our club follows this strategy every weekend.  We don't tank the first one on Tuesday or Thursday, since it is only 4 matchups, but we try to win by the slimmest possible margin.  We also share MVPs as much as possible to help bring the lower teams up.

We are tanking the 4pm today, since I had to go to 7 mil for us to win the last one.  Next matchup should be in the #5000 range, and one of the weaker teams should be able to take MVP easily.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yep I let loose this weekend on the 1st match and was getting tough matches after that. Laid of one match and got easy match next. Then autoplay one ticket and back to a last tough match for tonight I guess 🤬🤬🤬

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Geez...  And I thought I was doing some with a 3.6 mil ticket.  @Houmy, @dfbb, and @Bigpredfan always know how to humble a guy.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Geez...  And I thought I was doing some with a 3.6 mil ticket.  @Houmy, @dfbb, and @Bigpredfan always know how to humble a guy.
    You must be new so you probably haven't heard. @DFBB is just a bot created by @Bigpredfan 🤔
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Houmy, trying to give him/it the benefit of the doubt.  I bet if everyone talked to Skynet like a person, Sarah Conner's life would have never been in danger...
  • Options
    Wrong thread I know, but aren't we about ready for #updategate, @Houmy?
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I ain’t got nothing on those 2. 1.8 mil is my best this year, but that was back in silver. 1.08 mil in a diamond entry today is my best in a long time