Options

Upgrading to gold

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts

Who do you guys think I should upgrade to g10. And what would be a minimum amount to be ok in gold tier? I prolly won’t be able to do much with the primes
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Dump the primes and save the PXP for higher max primes down the road. Don't evolve anyone else below 350 max. I would also keep any POTW you have as inactives and only evolve them if they get POTW boost again but only if you are not already set in those positions and can also afford the XP.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Also if you are on the fence with JT vs. McCann JT's numbers in S10 are 159/164/111

• Options
    what is a good prime to keep? My vlad prime is 400 max the others are 380. In other words just gold my 350+ players.
  • Options
    Honestly I wouldn't keep any of the current primes as they get expensive past silver and PXP is hard to come by but if you are going to keep one then Vlad.

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Verdugo and LeMahieu would be useful for woh, but Vlad is clearly the keeper, if you are going to keep a prime.  

@Houmy is definitely right about the expense to level past silver.  I killed myself this weekend hunting pxp for Trout and deGromm.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    So that would put McCann(c), Santana(1b), Abreu(1B/DH), inactives Realmuto(c), Dejong(ss) that I would gold.  Is that enough for gold tier to compete???

I could replace Mondesi with dejong and Realumuto to Sub

Might just hang out in silver for now though until I getting better bxp players. I do pretty well now in WOH
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Verdugo and LeMahieu would be useful for woh, but Vlad is clearly the keeper, if you are going to keep a prime.  

@Houmy is definitely right about the expense to level past silver.  I killed myself this weekend hunting pxp for Trout and deGromm.
    What did u mean by hunting pxp?
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    What do your resources look like? I'd need to see your resources and hear about what you want to do in gold. Is it just classic woh? Hof? Or do you care about other modes too? 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB
    I am just looking at WOH for the most part.  That's the fun part for me.  Right now with my line up I am on a streak of 20 and 25 only reason I have two streaks is because I let timer run out on accident.  Season I am 52-0.  So I thought it would be time for a jump.  but don't want to jump and get my a** kicked.
  • Options
    Sounds like you don't have much pxp. If i had to choose one among your group, I'd choose Verdugo. 
  • Options
    What about the others for bxp?
  • Options
    What about the others for bxp?
    I'm not sure of your bxp situation, but I'd prioitize: Beaty, Santana, Trout potw, Blackmon potw. The next tier would be JT and Dejong, but hopefully, you'll get better options soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @DFBB What am I looking for for top bxp players??  And your saying JT over McCann?
  • Options
    @2003cobra, I meant the amount of gold spent on boxes, and trading in primes I didn't plan to level, etc...  Not like Evo hunting.  Although if it was a thing, I might try it...
  • Options
    @DFBB What am I looking for for top bxp players??  And your saying JT over McCann?
    Neither is ideal, but if I had to choose one it would easily be JT.
  • Options
    Speaking of gold. If there is no sign of slugfest PXP tomorrow then I'll make the jump myself as well. Gonna be hard saying goodbye to my keepers and legend but might as well.

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    @2003cobra, I meant the amount of gold spent on boxes, and trading in primes I didn't plan to level, etc...  Not like Evo hunting.  Although if it was a thing, I might try it...
    Got it. Didn’t want to miss out if it were like evo hunting. Buying pxp boxes is probably smarter than buying player boxes
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Houmy there wont be pxp in SF this year. We would've already had it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Got it. Didn’t want to miss out if it were like evo hunting. Buying pxp boxes is probably smarter than buying player boxes

I actually spent it all on All Superstars boxes.  The pxp in that box was better than the Prime Improve box, and I was able to pull 5x LeMahieu.  Very nice to get that duplicate player-pxp, before I traded him in...
  • Options
    What’s an ideal rating for bxp guys
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    350 with low speed and two good skills preferably that stack for woh 
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    @Houmy there wont be pxp in SF this year. We would've already had it.
    Yep. Guess so. That Chapman they just updated with pretty much seals it for me. All the xp & evo I wasted. Gold it is then.

• Options
    Gonna wait to finish this last season first though as I wont take my entire squad gold and don't want to risk losing the playoffs. Either season mode got easier in silver recently or my team is strong enough now?

• Options
    @Houmy.  I had the same situation.  My last 2 seasons at silver were over 100 wins and playoff sweeps.  I am 52-4 in my first gold season, too.
  • Options
    Somehow find myself short on OF though for some reason. Other than non-boosted POTW and 2 keepers I only have two 340s. That figures that NOW I want more OF.

• Options
    As @whammo911 pointed out the lower the speed the better. Like the example below where I would take that 340 over the 350 any day.

• Options
    At this point, the focus should be on stackable skills.
  • Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Somehow find myself short on OF though for some reason. Other than non-boosted POTW and 2 keepers I only have two 340s. That figures that NOW I want more OF.
    I’ve had the same problem this year, complete 360 from last year where OF were in abundance for me and position players were rough to get, especially catcher. I think I had 4.5 star posey until the end of September.