Options

VIP vs Non VIP

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
Ok so I have noticed a few people posting "when am I going to get my VIP" I just spent $818.  How in the world are you only 10K or so team strength stronger than me if you spent that much money and I have spend $0.  Seems to me people may not maximizing their money spent.
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Team strength is fun, but it's so misleading. People spend money to have fun and not necessarily to make their teams better. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB so people that spend money in this game get a "better" gaming experience than people that don't.  I truly don't understand what you are saying.  What options do spenders have to have fun over people that don't spend.  
    Now people, don't get me wrong.  You can do whatever you want with your money.  I have previously spent thousands of dollars on app games but that has benefited me with better gameplay and more over better rewards than this game here.  I am just trying to get the true benefit to spend that money here when they make this game an almost ideal Free to Play game unlike most other games out there.  

• Options
    @DFBB so people that spend money in this game get a "better" gaming experience than people that don't.  I truly don't understand what you are saying.  What options do spenders have to have fun over people that don't spend.  
    Now people, don't get me wrong.  You can do whatever you want with your money.  I have previously spent thousands of dollars on app games but that has benefited me with better gameplay and more over better rewards than this game here.  I am just trying to get the true benefit to spend that money here when they make this game an almost ideal Free to Play game unlike most other games out there.  

For some people, being in a race for first place or even top 10 is more valuable than the rewards themselves. Gold and/or money will be spent competing(lots of bonus players are awful) for an event that often doesn't make your team better.
  • Options
    I completely understand what you are saying.

My thoughts are VIP shouldn't be for spending money.  it should be for who does what in game and out of game in benefiting people.  Most responses to that statement are going to be "he just doesn't want to spend money" and have VIP given.  I am not asking for VIP for myself.  I am just bringing up conversation.
  • Options
    I completely understand what you are saying.

My thoughts are VIP shouldn't be for spending money.  it should be for who does what in game and out of game in benefiting people.  Most responses to that statement are going to be "he just doesn't want to spend money" and have VIP given.  I am not asking for VIP for myself.  I am just bringing up conversation.
    From GLU's perspective, it's their way of acknowledging those that add value to their company. Obviously, money spent is the easiest criteria, but they do consider other things. 
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    My Post on VIP for once was not tongue in Cheek. I spend time on the forums, I try and help others here I am an active, daily player that is almost sadly dedicated to this debacle of a game, but ive been playing 3 years now, its time to $hit or get off the pot and become a VIP
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    My Post on VIP for once was not tongue in Cheek. I spend time on the forums, I try and help others here I am an active, daily player that is almost sadly dedicated to this debacle of a game, but ive been playing 3 years now, its time to $hit or get off the pot and become a VIP
    Have you spent the phantom $818 to do it though? seems to me the persons that do that that don't spend time in forums only to ask "how do I get VIP' get it.  just look at the recent VIP discussions that people looking for it have less than 10 post
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Have you spent the phantom $818 to do it though? seems to me the persons that do that that don't spend time in forums only to ask "how do I get VIP' get it.  just look at the recent VIP discussions that people looking for it have less than 10 post
    That was the 2018 VIP threshold. Apparently it's over $1,200 spent to hit VIP status this year. A pretty substantial jump imo. It's nice that it carries over but not so nice that money spent isn't cumulative towards VIP.
    The perks seem cool and are a great gift to those who would've spent money anyways. I think of it as like a rewards program. aka Club Nintendo points, Discover cash back bonus, eBay Bucks etc.
    If someone is gunning for VIP thinking it's gonna make them leaps and bounds better than non-VIP players, they'll probably be disappointed. If they are spending money on the game anyway, it's just a great perk that makes the grind maybe a little easier.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I wish I was a VIP, just for the free gifts...but I'm glad I don't have to explain $1,200 in iTunes receipts to my wife....

But to answer the original poster's question, I 100% wish I could spend freely on this game.  It would make events more fun.  Instead of restarting HOF level 6, I could simply continue for 450 gold, I could buy the bonus players for every event, I could go on long Prime streaks, I could freely buy PXP for my primes.... VIP-level spending would increase my enjoyment of the game exponentially, even though it might not increase my 113K team strength too much.

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Everybody is different, bro. Personally, the vast majority of my spending in this game has come from drinking and tapping, not really trying to improve my team strength at all. Also, there are some "free to play/spent very little" players in this game that are world-beaters. Everyone's situation is different, of course. For me, I'm debt-free and the only bills I have are my cell phone and car insurance. All I do is work, and I very rarely spend money on anything- so dropping some coins in game is a little easier than it maybe for others. I would at least buy SOMETHING just to get rid of the ridiculous amount of ads in the game, even just sending someone in 99 cent gift will get rid of those ads 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I would at least buy SOMETHING just to get rid of the ridiculous amount of ads in the game, even just sending someone in 99 cent gift will get rid of those ads 😂
    THIS! I buy the stadium day one each year just for that reason. This year I also have the 5 tool sub but generally spend very little. I did try out the field pass last weekend though.

Speaking of Non-Retiring Pujols, Did you see him and those Vince Coleman legs wrecking the Astros yesterday?
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    He did have a nice game yesterday, but that .242 avg is the real hero. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71