Options

Just a thought about crashing. (prolly gonna piss people off)

2Next

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Keep in mind,  every BETA release for the last 3 years has been released on Droids  first. The game itself has always run on droids first before any official launch.

Even this last update was released on Android a few hours before iPhone
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited July 2019
    That shouldn't matter, because if you look at 18 compared to 19. Its almost 90% of the same crap. I can almost  guarantee that they didn't change their base coding from what they already had. They took 18, slapped a few new features on it and called in 19.  To re-write a whole new base app from scratch would cost millions and they would never do that. 18 ran flawlessly and simply put, I bet whatever the reasons for the lag and issues with droids is exactly what you pointed out. To prevent the mods,  hacks and cheats. Doing little good as they are still jailing innocent teams everyday for no reason. Bottom line, whatever preventive measures they took in place to prevent GG and other modifying apps, I bet are the root problem for droid users right now.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    That shouldn't matter, because if you look at 18 compared to 19. Its almost 90% of the same crap. I can almost  guarantee that they didn't change their base coding from what they already had. They took 18, slapped a few new features on it and called in 19.  To re-write a whole new base app from scratch would cost millions and they would never do that. 18 ran flawlessly and simply put, I bet whatever the reasons for the lag and issues with droids is exactly what you pointed out. To prevent the mods,  hacks and cheats. Doing little good as they are still jailing innocent teams everyday for no reason. Bottom line, whatever preventive measures they took in place to prevent GG and other modifying apps, I bet are the root problem for droid users right now.

What I was simply trying to point out is that.  The problem will be for droid users until google figures out a way to get rid of those mod apps like GG.  Some games have the problems like this one because the devs are trying to prevent it from happening and others don't really care on some gameplay that's why you may not see the issues like @BlackFang4 says he doesn't have on other games.  you can/can't fault the devs for trying to make the game better experience for all with cheaters being out there.

and if you read my other post I have not said its not Glu's fault at all.  

Also keep in mind that if it is that big of deal for you like I said in my first post "you" may have to adapt and change your own situation instead of waiting on someone to do it for you.  I did not tell you to go out an buy an new phone simply just said that is an option. 

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Well, fortunately @Houmy and @DFBB are both Android users which I am sure will be a topic of discussion at their private Glu party.
  • Options
    Its a big deal for many because the game is barely playable for us that relay on certain game modes and cycles. Sure, the casual gamer probably doesn't care or notice. But for us who cycle +10 or 20+ times and/or  BGs for GOAT it is a real problem.  I wont switch to an iphone just to play this game, best course of action will be to sell my teams and move on if it doesn't get fixed.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dustyhunks they better or they ain't getting invited to my bday party this summer.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Sounds like I might as well just start cheating. If I'm going to have a disadvantage simply because my platform allows for more uses, to include modding, then why not just cheat to get back to a level playing field. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Off to gamekiller and repetitouch I go! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    This may be the dumbest argument (from OP) that I have read on this forum 
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Because I can't stand iPhone's. I've tried them, my wife and son have them, they are trash.

The BS they put up with - chargers going bad, syncing crap through itunes, sending phones off for Apple to replace batteries, crap internal memory/storage, apps they loved becoming broken with lastest ios updates.

I love my last few galaxies. Unlimited storage for photos, music, videos. Being handcuffed to Apple isnt worth faster auto-play in one game for me.

They need to change the one account married to one device trash they put in this year. '17 & '18 I used to play tsb on one of our ipads when I was home, then played on my samsung elsewhere. they ruined that though.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

They need to change the one account married to one device trash they put in this year. '17 & '18 I used to play tsb on one of our ipads when I was home, then played on my samsung elsewhere. they ruined that though.
    I have an iPhone and have never had an issue with one. Started with an iPhone 4 and haven’t looked back yet. But I trimmed your post down to this section. Here is why this needs to stay in place. 

In 2017 when you could log in from any device, people would pay hackers to log in to their accounts and load them up. I’m talking 90,000 gold for $7.50, specific players leveled up, etc.  They locked your account down to 1 device to stop this from happening.  I was confused at first, because I liked having multiple teams on the same device, but totally understand why it is in place after I heard all about this stuff happening 
  • Options

In 2017 when you could log in from any device, people would pay hackers to log in to their accounts and load them up. 
    I have been wondering if remotely controlling another device would work in this game. Not for loading or anything like that, but let's say (hypothetically speaking) that a person who is great with woh remotely controls another user's device and cycles for them. I'm not sure WHY I've been thinking about that, but I'm very curious if that would work. 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    People in clubs use to do that in 17. When WOH was to hard for them, have a clubmate sign in and cycle for themretirepujols said:

In 2017 when you could log in from any device, people would pay hackers to log in to their accounts and load them up. 
    I have been wondering if remotely controlling another device would work in this game. Not for loading or anything like that, but let's say (hypothetically speaking) that a person who is great with woh remotely controls another user's device and cycles for them. I'm not sure WHY I've been thinking about that, but I'm very curious if that would work. 

• Options
    People in clubs use to do that in 17. When WOH was to hard for them, have a clubmate sign in and cycle for them
    With the one device/account thing, I'm sure that doesn't work. But if someone uses their device to control another person's device, I wonder if that would be detected. So like I would hack your phone with my whatever and you would watch me use your phone to cycle for you. Then you would send me a nude and a gift, I guess. 
  • Options
    I feel like @dustyhunks should be consulted for this type of thing. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Wouldn't work in way you would want it to. Trying to think how to explain it....hardware generates graphics you see on your phone or computer display. Remoting tools use software to provide a scaled down representation of what that hardware (screen or display) is doing. It works for menial things like web browsing etc but software can't reproduce the bandwidth available to physical interconnected pieces of hardware. Even connecting to a Windows box via Remote Desktop and watching a Youtube video is not a good experience. It's layer on top of layer of software, compressed for speed and reduced in quality, so much so that a lot of that information is lost and not transmittable from one screen to another.
  • Options
    @dustyhunks that's kind of what I figured. I'm going to tag you in every technology question that I'm involved in from here on out  :)