Options

What we want from WOH

2Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Why wouldn’t you guys want to cycle cap a prime player in hof if it would make your team stronger?

Pxp is valuable and personally, I'm not going to use 350k+ pxp on a guy that doesn't fit my team needs. On top of that, I'd have to spend gold as well to evolve him and on HoF itself. Everyone's situation is different, but he's not a good value for me.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Why wouldn’t you guys want to cycle cap a prime player in hof if it would make your team stronger?

That's what I do. The heck with these 350 guys.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited July 2019
    So this 350 max with ideal walk off skills that we can acquire spending zero resources doesn't also come with super high hit/power and low speed too? I mean wow we have it tough here. I want better players too, I just think people are going overboard with the greed a bit. 

And I say this as someone who has been complaining about walk off prizes and lame box releases since before the all star break. 

I do wish I had your problems though :smile:
    You're right in that he's a solid addition to most lineups. Thing is, the game is just getting stale. We've been stuck at a 350 max and the classic rewards have been very similar for the past two weeks. I totally understand that the game is allowing the newer guys to play 'catch up.' Totally understand that. Thing is, the last two HoF rewards have been even more disappointing. For teams that have been in diamond(or any lower tier team) a month or more, Mondays and Weds have been really stale lately. Trust me, I grind for bxp and cash too, but even I'm getting a tad burned out on that. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    for cycle capping you guys just cycle through the WOH games without actually leveling using bxp?  so you diamond guys just cycle 30+ times?? 

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    If I were going diamond now this would be perfect reward to build on with a cycle cap.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    This is one of those times I wish I could delete my comment entirely after I get an answer, but...can someone explain what cycle-capping a player means? Like, you win woh and get the player, then you're leveling him up by cycling woh? 

Hate to ruin the flow of such a great thread...awesome stuff in here, thank you all for sharing. 
  • Options
    @Cooz19 Precisely. Since the update I have been bringing players to level ten of each tier, cycle as to not use gold or evo and then if time permits cycling rest of way to g10. It was more difficult last Weds so I wasn't able to cycle cap personally. Only got player (don't even remember who the hell it was) to g6 or g8.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    This is one of those times I wish I could delete my comment entirely after I get an answer, but...can someone explain what cycle-capping a player means? Like, you win woh and get the player, then you're leveling him up by cycling woh? 

Hate to ruin the flow of such a great thread...awesome stuff in here, thank you all for sharing. 
    Kinda. Some diamond players will level him to platinum 5 and then cycle 15 times. I always go to platinum 10 now and then go from there. So after 11 cycles for me he will be capped at D10
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    1.  so use bxp or pxp to get to b10
    2.  cycle so s1  
    3.  bxp or pxp to s10 
    4.  cycle g1-10
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    My suggestion would be to Glu directly and that being that WOH reward is different for Bronze players than it is Silver and so on. You do this with CVC and Clash, why can't you do so in all events? Then the teams who still could profit from a 350 max 3B would be happy to grind and those who have little use for a 350 max would not be subjected to him. Granted I do not have a single clue how they would change that player rating that won't piss off the whole apple cart.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    2.  cycle so s1  
    3.  bxp or pxp to s10 
    4.  cycle g1-10
    Not quite, the gold and Evo from bronze to silver and silver to gold isn't enough to waste a cycle on UNLESS your team is silver or gold. By that I mean if your team is silver I suppose you could look into cycle capping from b10-s10, or for gold teams s10-g10. It's really about taking the player to either the 10 before your tier or the 1 of your tier and cycling until he's capped and/or beyond. Personally I would eliminate steps 1-3, or atleast 1 and 2.  

Edit: this depends upon your Evo/gold situation, of course. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    BTW I got both Donaldson and Prime Devers from the boxes over the weekend so a 350 max 3b is of little value to me but I am still here playing because it is WOH. Ever since that first taste of victory over the entire 5 levels (pre-tower) I have been hooked at grinding the event.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    My suggestion would be to Glu directly and that being that WOH reward is different for Bronze players than it is Silver and so on. You do this with CVC and Clash, why can't you do so in all events? Then the teams who still could profit from a 350 max 3B would be happy to grind and those who have little use for a 350 max would not be subjected to him. Granted I do not have a single clue how they would change that player rating that won't piss off the whole apple cart.
    I think there is an easier solution that this, and it simply involves adding a 3rd reward player for the all-star reward. That way there are at least 3 options to choose from. As it stands, I would rather have all 3 of the BXP players from the box today than the player offered. Why not make one of them the all-star reward and then I have a reason to play a new tower 
  • Options
    2.  cycle so s1  
    3.  bxp or pxp to s10 
    4.  cycle g1-10
    Not quite, the gold and Evo from bronze to silver and silver to gold isn't enough to waste a cycle on UNLESS your team is silver or gold. By that I mean if your team is silver I suppose you could look into cycle capping from b10-s10, or for gold teams s10-g10. It's really about taking the player to either the 10 before your tier or the 1 of your tier and cycling until he's capped and/or beyond. Personally I would eliminate steps 1-3, or atleast 1 and 2.  
    which you know I am gold …. so that would be how to do it, correct?
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Is it just me or does WOH require more gold restarts after a 2x weekend? Trying to get all of it back! LOL
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY lets see if it works again.  5.10 3 pitches 3 outs using restart.

• Options
    That is another very easy and viable option @Bigpredfan
  • Options
    yup sure did.  3 pitches single double homerun and the win on 5.10
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I got 0 pitches to hit on classic 5.9 on my first attempt and on video restart. That’s so frustrating. Just flash you lose and save me the time. 
  • Options
    Dang. 

• Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    528 feet makes it to the river I think 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I thought about going super cheap mode and leveling each tier to 10 then cycling to advance but thought better of it, I stop on initial win to P10 then go a total of 11 times to cap so 440 gold spent on a D10 player though I needed a third capped RHB 3B like a hole in the head but I’m up 160k exp on the day even leveling the last two levels of diamond the old fashioned way (chasing the level x players to d10 achievement).
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts

My first HOF cycle this year.
    i haven’t given it a real try yet because I thought it was too hard. I had only played 2-3 levels of HOF each week with the classic prize guy to get club points. Today i decided to give it a try and get help from the live boost and voila, cycled with only 40 gold in 6.10. No live boost today since Atlanta didn’t play. 
    It is a shame the reward was not that great, but i’m very excited with the accomplishment anyway.