Options

Player Skills Tips and Suggestions For Noobs

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
Does anyone have some tips on how far to upgrade player skills? Which skills to go for on what players, and all that. Anything is helpful!

Comments

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    My personal favorite is late-inning, but woh, rhp, and lhp are top-shelf, too.  

My least favorites are early-inning and blowout, but I admit they are both great for CVC.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    As far as levels, I usually go to 6 (stop short of 15k bxp), mainly because I know all these guys will cycle off my roster before too long.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    These are the factors I consider:

1)my resources
    2)are they elite and/or my finishers for woh

I make all my decisions based on the two factors above. Early in the year, when I needed every bit of xp, I only went to 4/4 on skills(bxp level) on non-elite bats. Now that my keepers are done and bxp continues to stack, I'm very liberal with my xp usage with skills. In fact, I now take every player to 8/8, including pitcher skills where I don't believe they even work. 
    If my players are elite, I will use pxp on their skills. For example, I currently have Vlad prime, Votto prime, Ichiro, and JT all at 12/12 in skills. Nobody else is above 8/8.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Here is my general rule. Remember this is different for everyone, but just what I do. 

BXP players
    WOH, Late Innings, Runners on base, RISP, RHP, LHP- all go to 8. RHP and LHP only go to 8 if the batter has the platoon as well. The rest all go to 4

Prime players
    These only get leveled if both of their skills are the ones that go to 8 for BXP players with platoon. They just go to 12 for them knowing I’ll be able to use them longer in WOH