Options

Is it worth it?

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts

My legend is my catcher but Ian this guy maybe worth upgrading for WOH? Right handed bat with good skills

Comments

• Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    As long as you aren’t forced to use his dad as a coach. 
  • Options
    8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    Im going to use him to replace my Vazquez prime....  I never liked my Vazquez very much as his skill werent that great and it costs so much to level him up.  Im going to become very picky what Primes Im going to level up.  I used to level up any prime I got just because of their higher strength and I would imagine I would do the same with Legends.  Im just going to turn them into XP unless I really like them.

But back to your OQ, its not like your going to be able to take your legend very far right now anyway is it with LXP being scarce right now.  You would have to spend alot of gold to get somewhere with him.  I would level up Stallings until I could bring my legend along
  • Options
    Wow you’re right I never even thought about that! And I’m moving to gold soon once I get enough bxp 
  • Options
    His super low speed and high contact are so nice, plus good skills, I’ll upgrade him as replacements for my legend in gold, but I’m still in silver for now lol
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    If I get him he is only one I will. 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited August 2019

I just pulled him @marcoslo
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I think @8ball02 may have misread the question, "my legend" doesn't use lxp; just boat loads of bxp 🙃 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    Yep, @retirepujols you right, I did!

My opinion still doesn’t change that much.  I lump ML in with my Keepers.  Cost to level them up along with the rating in return imo doesn’t outweigh a good rated player with good skills
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @8ball02 I generally agree. ML is great for players that don't get a million new players as you just level them once and they continue to grow. At least for silver, and even gold, teams (especially if they play slugfest). After silver, the expense outweighs the reward. A switch hitting catcher with a high hit rating isn't a terrible idea, though 😁 if ML ever receives a second skill, I'll be all over it. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Got him up to silver 10, using him for points this weekend he’s pretty solid!
  • Options
    If he’s still my best option at catcher I’ll take him to gold 10 before ML