Options

Platinum Season

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
what are my odds in season now? All sp are g10 350 bxp
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    If you face the Astros or Dodgers you are in trouble. I believe they had 309 rated pitchers. I just beat both earlier today using keeper DeGrom at 318 rating in all games. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    What are your pitchers?  That has as much if not more to do with success in season mode along with judicious use lineup shuffles, gold boosts, ice wraps and live boosts until your lineup is more dominant.
  • Options
    I win my last season with a pretty weak team.  Made it through playoffs using 370bxp pitcher and all the jiggles I mentioned above.  My hitters were better than yours though and probably had a good dose of luck as well.  
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Yeah you have 2 guys with no skills for season (or any mode outside WoH) and 2 with only 1 skill outside of WoH, on top of g10 bxp pitchers. I'm winning with similar batters plus 1 capped prime and 2 capped bxp pitchers though skills aren't ideal. I've not done any of the futzing @bigvivec mentioned though as this is more experimental mid-gold season to plat just to see what happens.

I also have a couple bxp pitchers with better skills (2x rhb Kelly and 2x season Mahle) that I may considered capping but I will first try lineup manipulation with my existing capped bxp players before investing too heavily in additional bxp players.
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I guess I have to cap at least two pitchers then .... no biggie was just wondering ..
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Followed Jedd’s Post advice and jiggled the playoffs following his blueprint.  Swept every series.  These are the boys that got it done.  Going forward in platinum season mode should not be a problem;  I dumped about 40 cycles worth of bxp into the team since the start of this past season plus addition of a prime and a capped keeper.   Good times.