Options

Royale Slugfest

ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
I have been debating giving up on Royale Slugfest.  I see the pattern of what they are doing.  They are marginally upgrading the player reward each week, about 2 overall per week (gold level, except Semien was 3).  They have them at the level of low end prime players, but they use bxp.  It is considerable resources to upgrade them, and you have to cylce many times to offset the upgrade cost.  In silver you could get away with about 2 cycles, not so in gold where it cost 65,280 to upgrade them all the way.  Yesterday I foolishly wasted gold on 5-10.  I scored over 6k (10 for 10) 5 times in a row on 5-10, and lost every one by lest than 20 feet.  I won the 6th time when I screwed up and went 9 for 10.  They hardly ever give any worthwhile bonus multiplier to slugfest.  I really like the gold battles, but how often are they really going to have them?  Guys who are still playing slugfest, how many times do you try to cycle?   Is it worth the grind?  

*On a side note, I love the evo being there.  I have not had to leave my club to evo hunt all year.

Comments

• Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    What irritates the crap out of me about slugfest is the slugger legends that even capped G10 sluggers are a considerable distance behind. I completed my first slugfest since going gold about a month ago, it took that long to get ANY sluggers close to G10. I like the concept... just sucks to have to resource two rosters!
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I moved on and went platinum. I had brought 4-6 sluggers to G10 but had to use gold to get Dietrich couple weeks back and every week since and didn't bother capping Vogelbach. Not interested in doing that anymore with what's offered as reward. My thinking was once we got to b1 overall of 101-104 prime sluggers would be introduced but that doesn't seem to be the case. Not surprised really with how scarce pxp has become again over the last week which also kind of blows my mind given that it was nearly free after 1.2.1 dropped.
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Slugfest would be awesome if they just added in some pxp to the reward tiers.
    I enjoy playing it. I especially like the 25 gloves per win. 
    I think I made around 15-20k gloves last night, while slow playing Semien thru all the slots on each round.
    Semien is a beast.
    The first cycle to get him was a grind, but adding him to the roster made the next few cycles much easier.
    The payoff for the slugfest will come later this week as I go evo hunting with the gloves. Last nite's effort alone should net me a couple hundred evo.....

All in all - I think the effort/reward was fair....although....if pxp ever gets added in....watchout!

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think its kind of clear the direction they have gone with slugfest.  Its been this way since Royale was introduced almost a year ago.  I think it was a good way to get resources the first month but once woh (although disappointing as well) got a guaranteed player on wednesday, those resources are better.   I did a lot of slugfest last year for pxp and it was the main reason I remained in Silver so long but the game has changed so I had to adapt.  Its not just a slugfest thing, resources are much harder this year pretty much across the board.