Options

We got a Prime

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Mattattack Yup! I'm very frugal with the pxp for sure. I've found leveling up bonus guys to bronze 10 or low silver gets you almost as many points as if you take them to mid-to-high gold. Sax batted around .320 for me yesterday and had only taken him to silver 4.
  • Options
    titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY as a fellow diamond team myself I agree 100%.   With my team needs and what I value, Ervin makes no sense for me.   I still value pxp very high so for me I wont spend any of it unless its a 420 guy thats double boosted vs righties.  That's my biggest need and will be patient if needed unless pxp becomes more available
    Sadly, I think the most valuable and worthwhile event to do for us diamond players is to grind 1,000 wins over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to get 7,500 gold from winning 1,000 games, but it gets repetitive. Need something else to do that is worth our time.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    agree with @JEDDDOGGY.  He aint worth 220k pxp and no extra pxp per cycle.  The double cvc makes it a no brainer. Maybe next week.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I was just joking. As others have referenced, he's not ideal for most. It just depends on your team needs/wants.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @DFBB oh haha, my sarcasm meter just bugged out is all :)
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY as a fellow diamond team myself I agree 100%.   With my team needs and what I value, Ervin makes no sense for me.   I still value pxp very high so for me I wont spend any of it unless its a 420 guy thats double boosted vs righties.  That's my biggest need and will be patient if needed unless pxp becomes more available
    Sadly, I think the most valuable and worthwhile event to do for us diamond players is to grind 1,000 wins over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to get 7,500 gold from winning 1,000 games, but it gets repetitive. Need something else to do that is worth our time.

the most important thing that has happend today is the QUOTE feature is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Ugh, just ugh.  Miss my day of being able to cycle cap to farm BXP, don't have the PXP to  cycle cap Ervin, and even if I did, I wouldn't waste it on that low rated Prime, dime a dozen position and terrible skills.  

That came off harsher than I wanted.  But yeah, hate it.  2 / 10
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Nice didnt know the quote option was back.:)   And yeah Royale has been mainly a tourney/bg day for a me for a few weeks now.   As a diamond team thats the plus side
  • Options
    Ugh, just ugh.  Miss my day of being able to cycle cap to farm BXP, don't have the PXP to  cycle cap Ervin, and even if I did, I wouldn't waste it on that low rated Prime, dime a dozen position and terrible skills.  

I agree with that. I am probably one of the few that would be ecstatic to see bxp right now 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

Yeah looks like Mondays will be BXP and Legend HOF with Wednesday as prime.  Dont mind it but just not an ideal prime for me.   Hopefully better luck next week
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    And true to form, second time through 5.4 is impossible. 
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Doesn’t pertain to WOH, but I think this is the first time in the history of baseball that someone has gotten 5 hits in 4 ABs(5-4) in a game. He got the bonus points for 5 hits, so it’s legit.
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Can anyone get a hit off of 5.10 when it’s not a straight fastball?  I can’t even get it on the ground to move the runners. Constant pop-ups. Got it to extra innings and got three straight ABs of that pitch after a double. Any pointers would be great. 
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Seems like Royale is a bit easier this week.  I've already cycled twice without live boost and without spending any gold.  I haven't even had to use a video restart yet.  Just video boosts on 4.10 and 5.8 through 5.10.
  • Options
    what is level 5 sequence??
  • Options
    ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    all R except 5.9
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Indicator of how boring today has been... beat WOH 5 times with 5 different players, might go for 3 more. I think Olson, Lindor, & Grandal can do it too
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dayam @JCAM80! That's a team!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I'm fairly content with it. Have 3 more 420 primes (bichette, n cruz, & y alvarez) on the bench & 2 legends (sax & garvey). Right now the only reason I'm cycling is for the minimal pxp for duplicate & bxp from the tiers & draft picks. Definitely not a large return, but still something on an investment of zero 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I love how bored you are, @JCAM80. I think you should get together with whatever silly bastard is responsible for creating the idea Bumgarner can throw with either effing arm now and chat about how much fun Royale woh is. 

• Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Wish I had a team like that.  What are all the skills at?  I can't beat Petit with anyone, well, maybe prime 420 Vogelbach, but I don't wanna waste him when I should be able to beat Petit with McMahon or Eaton.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Assortment of skills to 8/10/12. I think 8s are more than sufficient, but if I'm sitting on a surplus of resources and want to bump my team strength, I occassionally overspend on them. 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Does anyone else have times of the day when WOH just starts getting weirdly and unexplainably harder?  When those 5-4 to 5-6 levels that were easy autoplays before suddenly start becoming impassable?
  • Options
    Not trying to trivialize anyone else's WOH experience. My lineup is stacked, especially to take down a RHP finisher... I had faith Olson could do it and he didn't let me down. Live boost + video boost, no gold spent, 6 different players completed. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Does anyone else have times of the day when WOH just starts getting weirdly and unexplainably harder?  When those 5-4 to 5-6 levels that were easy autoplays before suddenly start becoming impassable?
    For me, 4 and 5 are extremely difficult early on in the event. I can usually end up being them later in the night, but I'm also not usually playing until around 8 p.m. ET. 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @JCAM80 how much did it cost you to get all that LGXP
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    I hate when they throw straight pitches the whole time, but then you get within a run of tying the game.  Then they get all pissed off and throw 9 straight BS pitches that aren't strikes, but called strikes, and that also can't be hit because they're just pop outs, groud outs and DPs(double plays).  Guess I'll try again in an hour when my live boost starts.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Meh in my one trip around today Cishek was my issue, (took Hiura in there expecting a lefty).  If you take into account the changes I like Monday’s classic tower a little better as difficulty seemed abrupt today (face 39 scrubs, then a good RHP, then 3 more scrubs, then the 7 diamonds at the end).  I’m also thinking I cut 2 lefties too many (keep 6 LHB/switches and 6 RHB).
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I’ve picked up a cool 4K PXP for only 7 hours of work so far. Suck it Glu. 
  • Options
    ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    Getting it done with just vid boosts and no gold or restarts.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"