Options

Heros Box

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
What are the lightning and flame skills????
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• Options
    titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Flame skills supposedly activate after 4 hits in a row. So in other words, the flame skill is bad. 
    Edit: It is actually 2 hits in a game. Regarless, it sucks.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @titsmcgee95 it's 2 hits actually but yes totally useless. On the same subject GLU is messing with me with the lucky-unlucky pulls lately

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Flame skills supposedly activate after 4 hits in a row 2 hits in a game. 
    Marginal use for CVC and Season/Bonus/Prime games. Rather blah.
  • Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Damn this box is hot poop
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    The lightning skill is prime games.  Also mostly useless...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I am very meh on the box this time.  I might just lay out, and see if my clubmates will carry me, for a change.

Edit: I would love Kaline or Garvey, but not real positions of need for me, and I am trying not to blow what lxp I have saved.  C, 3B, SS are my weakest links right now, and any 420 prime offered at those is not really worth the resources to level as an upgrade on what I already have...
  • Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Yeah not a fan of this box so I’ll be upgrading my Bellinger prime😬
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I will buy 5 when fan rewards drops, then whine about wasting 2500 gold.  Don't want to break too much from the norm...
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Outside of kaline and Garvey box is garbage. It seems they have given the 420 primes awful skills in attempt to push legends 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    I moved 2 players to diamond 1 from p10 and used the rest on bxp improve box. For the 2.5k.  That’s how much I like the hero’s box 
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Still no lefty closer bat but lefty pitchers are becoming nearly extinct in WOH. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I would love Kaline or Garvey, but not real positions of need for me, and I am trying not to blow what lxp I have saved.  C, 3B, SS are my weakest links right now, and any 420 prime offered at those is not really worth the resources to level as an upgrade on what I already have...
    1. Loving the fact quotes are back. 
    2. I really implore any Glu representative to read what I bolded above. This is absolutely NOT going to make this game better in the long run. If you're gonna lower the availability of the resource needed to upgrade Legends, then make the Legends a bit more Legendary in terms of their skills (30 points higher than primes? C'mon...). Whenever we have to choose the devils we don't know (future Legends) over the ones we do (Garvey, Kaline) because a resource (lxp) is in very low supply, you're risking losing our attention while we wait. 
    3. Please also remember the lower level players who are highly involved in the game sit back and plan their future strategy based on what the current top dogs are doing. What I'm hearing from a high-level player is "I'm not even going to bother because I already have better players than this and I'm not going to spend lxp because it's so rare I have to take an aim-small-miss-small mentality." I'll likely check out earlier in this game than most of the top guys here will. That date draws nearer if I see a frustrating Glu-imposed roadblock coming ahead. 
  • Options
    8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    All I want is El Mago!!!  He’s my favorite player and have been chasing him for two years.  I could care less that he doesn’t have great skills.  Spent 10k and stopped there as pretty much after that it’s real money time.  Taking a break for now but Glu is going to test me on how much I want to pull him!
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Hit this and some scrubs all for under 10k.. 
  • Options
    ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    spent 4K and pulled Berti twice, I hate this part of the game. 😔
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • Options
    Dammit!  I decided to buy "just one more"... I wonder if my insurance would pay for rehab for this addiction...

• Options
    Tdub71 said:
    Dammit!  I decided to buy "just one more"... I wonder if my insurance would pay for rehab for this addiction...

It's always the next one... that's what Glu wants us to believe... and when it is, they have us hook, line, & sinker. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I guess I need some advice, guys...

I have 90k lxp, and fieldpass.  I am in gold.  I also have Cooperstown Baines, Keeper Ichiro, POTM Alvarez, 420 max Judge, and 420 max Ketel Marte.  

What would you guys do?  I was thinking about moving to platinum tomorrow (470 bg's right now), but I am short on serviceable bxp options at a few positions, after I purged my inactives a couple weeks ago.  Because of that,I  will probably wait on the move, now.

Edit: What would you do regarding leveling Kaline.
  • Options
    I'm Platinum with 4 Legends. As insane as the leveling cost is, if you can get them to P8, they outrank any 400/420 prime and with how slow the progression has been this year, I think they will be top for quite some time as 420s are still fairly new releases. 
  • Options
    Any words of wisdom about Kaline?  I am really unsure on which way to go on this guy.  I am already sitting on a b1 Cooperstown Edgar that will probably be traded in shortly due to DH-only status.

Any well-reasoned argument in either direction would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Nobody?  Bueller?  Bueller?
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    It’s a tough one I wasn’t gonna respond but since no one else has... lol Kaline skills are not the best imo but I have lofton with those same skills and I leveled him.  I feel like as slow as the game has been moving kaline will be relevant for sometime. So with that said  I would level him. This all of course is coming from a silver team if I were gold and thinking about plat that’s another discussion. 🤔
  • Options
    8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @Tdub71 I agree with mythicaldragon about leveling Kaline.  He’s going to be relevant for sometime but I read in another post where they advised against leveling a legend until you had enough to cap him.  In case you get a better one.  I don’t know if 90k is enough.  Don’t remember seeing a chart yet on how much LXP it takes to cap one.

I moved to Platinum a couple of weeks ago so here’s my thoughts on the experience - 

1) cost to level players goes up considerably.  If I was still Gold I would have more Primes capped and be sitting pretty for Royale and WOH HOF.  As it is I’ve only got one capped.  One at P8 and the rest sitting inactive.  Goodrum should be a beast for me but is currently inactive.

2) Cycling WOH classic seemed to be easier for me.  When I made the jump and played my first WOH classic I had 2 RHB and 2 LHB BXP players capped.

3) my goal in making the jump to platinum was to move up as quickly as possible to get to Diamond and be able to cycle Diamond for the gold.  With that in mind I had over 1k bonus games in the bank.  I went from P1 to P9 with only 1 BXP pitcher capped.  Success rate in bonus games was pretty good.

4) Season mode in Gold for my All capped team (3 primes capped) was a good source of PXP.  Now with an capped batting lineup (1 prime capped and 1 prime P8) and two capped BXP pitchers I’m under .500 in season mode.

I think it all depends on what you are wanting to accomplish.  For me it was cycling diamond.  But I’m coming to the realization with the cost and availability of resources my lineup is going to have to be completely redone.  Cost of BXP players are through the roof so new players getting capped through WOH cycling and weekend bonus players leveled through FP discount and 30% discount clubs is most likely where most of my players will come from.
  • Options
    @8ball02 and @mythicaldragon, I have resigned myself to stay gold for a while longer.  Without quality bxp backups at all positions, I don't think I can get my roster up to speed quick enough to push through to diamond.  I don't want to get stuck in platinum...

As for lxp, I think it is around 100k to go from b1-g10, but I have the 20% discount from fieldpass, so I should be good to cap.  I would be lxp broke afterwards, though...  I like the skills, though lhp and/or late-inning would definitely be preferable, so I think I am going for it.  

Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    I went for it.  5k lxp left over, so the next legend will just be a pretty toy at the bottom of the toy box...

All the stats accrued were at b1, so not reflective of his potential, by any means.
  • Options
    JJHege24JJHege24 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Any one pull Baez and can share a screenshot of him?
  • Options
    Tdub71 said:
    I went for it.  5k lxp left over, so the next legend will just be a pretty toy at the bottom of the toy box...

All the stats accrued were at b1, so not reflective of his potential, by any means.
    Mr. Tiger's seen better days...
  • Options
    @Cooz19, maybe he was swinging lefty, just to give the other guys a fighting chance...
  • Options
    @Tdub71 well, I'm sure 84-year-old Al Kaline can be forgiven if the Ben Gay hasn't kicked in yet. Maybe just needs a few swings to loosen up. 
  • Options
    just pulled birdman from free CvC box