Options

Pity Timer is Live!!!

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    Went Diamond tonight along with FP, so I kinda went for these hard. Took me all 20 for the Nom Nom box to get Prime Suarez.  Then took 19 for Villains box to get Prime Sanchez, but luckily I got Manny along the way who I wanted the most anyway. Some freebies along the way but jeez. I won't be doing that again lol
    I can feel both the stress and excitement in your pulls. Definitely more stress though. hahah
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited August 2019
    What do you guys think about the 10k fan reward?

• Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I know I don’t carry much weight around here yet, but I feel the need to speak on this, considering what’s been talked about this weekend.

First, let me say that I’ve spent an amount of money on this game that many would find absurd (maybe not as many on this forum).  However, it’s still calculated spending and something I enjoy doing because it’s for my personal entertainment.  Though this game is very frustrating at times and a definite grind, it still has a very high fun factor for me and doesn’t get stale because there are always new players coming out and I can chase the ones I want.

With the release of the pity timer, I’m even more excited going forward because when pulling from a pity timer box, I will never again open 20+ boxes and come away without a new player.  It might not always be the one I want, but at least I’ll never be left feeling completely empty after 20+ boxes.

I think that having the counter at 20 is fair and is honestly lower than I anticipated.  Plus, they are counting the reward boxes toward it, which is that much better.  On top of that, they have been giving better daily/weekend rewards consistently and did the really cool thing of giving everyone a special and thoughtful Prime Trout.

Prior to this, they gave us the ability to autoplay games through FP, among many other improvements, showing they clearly do at least attempt to incorporate things that we want.  I think Glu has done pretty well recently, especially this weekend!

I said all that because I don’t understand why everyone complains so much about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on here.  Yes, I’ve complained about boxes that I felt had weak players to offer, but even that is rare.  I really don’t get it.  It’s almost as if some you on here enjoy complaining about the game, more than actually playing it.  Just my observation and if I were that frame of mind, I would definitely quit playing.  Alas, I don’t care much for the content of this weekend’s boxes, but I’m looking forward to what’s in store for every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday going forward!

Let the disagrees commence 😁
  • Options
    I know I don’t carry much weight around here yet, but I feel the need to speak on this, considering what’s been talked about this weekend.

First, let me say that I’ve spent an amount of money on this game that many would find absurd (maybe not as many on this forum).  However, it’s still calculated spending and something I enjoy doing because it’s for my personal entertainment.  Though this game is very frustrating at times and a definite grind, it still has a very high fun factor for me and doesn’t get stale because there are always new players coming out and I can chase the ones I want.

With the release of the pity timer, I’m even more excited going forward because when pulling from a pity timer box, I will never again open 20+ boxes and come away without a new player.  It might not always be the one I want, but at least I’ll never be left feeling completely empty after 20+ boxes.

I think that having the counter at 20 is fair and is honestly lower than I anticipated.  Plus, they are counting the reward boxes toward it, which is that much better.  On top of that, they have been giving better daily/weekend rewards consistently and did the really cool thing of giving everyone a special and thoughtful Prime Trout.

Prior to this, they gave us the ability to autoplay games through FP, among many other improvements, showing they clearly do at least attempt to incorporate things that we want.  I think Glu has done pretty well recently, especially this weekend!

I said all that because I don’t understand why everyone complains so much about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on here.  Yes, I’ve complained about boxes that I felt had weak players to offer, but even that is rare.  I really don’t get it.  It’s almost as if some you on here enjoy complaining about the game, more than actually playing it.  Just my observation and if I were that frame of mind, I would definitely quit playing.  Alas, I don’t care much for the content of this weekend’s boxes, but I’m looking forward to what’s in store for every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday going forward!

Let the disagrees commence 😁
    Sometimes, perception can cloud reality and the loud minority as their name suggests, tends to be all that we hear. I've actually had several people tell me that they love the pity timer for the same reasons you highlighted. Personally, I love it myself and it's super cool that it also includes boxes from cvc/gifts. 

As far as the constant complaining, to each their own. And to be fair, constructive criticism can get kind of boring. :) I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but this game always has me hyped. Matter of fact, I'm pumped about the prospect of cycle capping a legend on Monday. The weekend can't be over soon enough! lol
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Ok instead of creating a new thread for this question I’m gonna ask here. I need a lefty for hof 6-10 I chased a chicken 🐔 came home with a catfish today🤷🏻‍♂️. So when Monday comes my options at 6-10 are..
    lefty lofton skills risp and runners on.
    righty Carlton Fisk lhp and runners on.
    righty dusty baker late innings and runners on 
    righty sax woh and runners on.
    lefty keeper will Clark dbl rhp 
    keeper mantel switch hitter late innings and lhp 
    And I have a slew of 400 overall lefty’s with skills tailored for woh. Several 420 righty’s but no lefty’s.
    Honestly I’m leaning towards sax or baker despite both being righty’s. Any help will be appreciated. 😬

• Options
    @mythicaldragon I don't know their exact numbers but assuming skills are at a similar level, I'd go with Clark. Baker and Sax can get it done too, but it's my opinion that Will Clark will give you the best odds. 
  • Options
    Thanks @DFBB all skills are a 10. 
    Sax 219 204
    baker 221 196
    clark 192 192 
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I know that once I realized how important double stacking skills are for WOH, I only keep players that have stacked skills and players that are my favorite real lifers, that’s it now, lol.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    After 17k in gold the hunt for Soler has ended. Sigh. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    After 17k in gold the hunt for Soler has ended. Sigh. 

There’s always the Sunday 19.99 box in specials.   
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    how "weird" that after getting to 20 boxes (250 gold) including all the free ones yesterday, the "pity prize" I got was the 390 prime reliever, basically the worst of the whole box. Is that going to be the norm with the pity timers or was it only bad luck? (actually worse luck since I had already gone 20 boxes without an actual prime at that point) 
  • Options
    Thanks @DFBB all skills are a 10. 
    Sax 219 204
    baker 221 196
    clark 192 192 
    Definitely Clark imo. Man, I wish I had that guy. Lol
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    how "weird" that after getting to 20 boxes (250 gold) including all the free ones yesterday, the "pity prize" I got was the 390 prime reliever, basically the worst of the whole box. Is that going to be the norm with the pity timers or was it only bad luck? (actually worse luck since I had already gone 20 boxes without an actual prime at that point) 
    Probably just bad luck, though I didn’t do all that much better (Suarez, have a glut of RHB and 3B)
  • Options
    @DFBB ok I’m gonna jump in 6-10 with Clark 😬. 
    Are u giants fan? 
  • Options
    Are u giants fan? 
    No, I wanted him because I felt he was the best keeper option. He crushes both woh and CVC.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    tocopan18 said:

It's just bad luck. People are really overrating the existence of the pity timer in these boxes. It only means you're going to get a player by box pull 20. It doesn't at all mean you're going to get the best player in there. You could get the best player on the first pull, you could get that 390 reliever on the 20th (like poor Brother @tocopan18 did). I'm 0-9 on Villains and 0-5 on Noms. Luck isn't on my side this weekend (must be an ankle/calf injury). The pity timer isn't worth investing that much gold into boxes that carry several fatally flawed players, because the odds of getting a really good one are far worse than 50/1000. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Tdub71 said:
    @retirepujols, screwy you, buddy.  Got him on pull #9.  
    I'm pleased they at least made Pujols undesirable for most. 😂 His 53 speed was supposed to have a decimal point in between the 5 and 3, I'm sure. Look out for an update to him 😉
    If his speed actually updated to 5.3, I would cap him on principle alone...

I had to manually update mine. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    tocopan18 said:

It's just bad luck. People are really overrating the existence of the pity timer in these boxes. It only means you're going to get a player by box pull 20. It doesn't at all mean you're going to get the best player in there. You could get the best player on the first pull, you could get that 390 reliever on the 20th (like poor Brother @tocopan18 did). I'm 0-9 on Villains and 0-5 on Noms. Luck isn't on my side this weekend (must be an ankle/calf injury). The pity timer isn't worth investing that much gold into boxes that carry several fatally flawed players, because the odds of getting a really good one are far worse than 50/1000. 
    It's free insurance. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:
    tocopan18 said:

It's free insurance. 
    Exactly. It’s free. Imagine if the pity timer only came with Field Pass. Be grateful it is implemented and free. It affects the game in 0 negative ways. 

Instead of going 0/9 on the villains box, why not spend that gold on the 250 gold box. That would have made it 23 boxes and a guarantee prime or better. 
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I’m 12/20 toward the Nom box pity timer without buying one. We won’t always get the free boxes on top of CvC, but I’m happy to have it this weekend. Sorta rooting for myself to get there now. 
  • Options
    I was let down at first by the pity timer because technically u aren’t guaranteed the “coolest” prize. With that said I love that it’s there like @DFBB said it’s insurance i won’t walk away empty handed after 20 boxes. Also I’m sure it will be adjusted in the future. To be honest I’m very excited about the game again! 😁
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I know it's the wrong thread, technically, but I was wondering which player you guys think is the better player to chase with the 7k I have to play with, Boggs or Fisk. 

Neither is a NEED, both are just WANTS.  I have capped 400-max primes at both positions, so the only factors are their ratings, handedness, skills, and availability.  Any feedback is appreciated.

The 7k threshold is just my personal pity-timer (and just happens to be the same amount I am from the pxp fan reward)...
  • Options
    @Tdub71 I think I would chase Boggs because if it’s anything like last year we are gonna be lefty starved. Seems like the direction this year as well.😕 Can’t hurt to have another lefty in the arsenal. 
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Are u giants fan? 
    I have keeper Clark at G10, both skills at 9, and I was 2/4 last Monday against 6.10 Verlander with 80g boosts, no live boost. He's probably going to be my closer for the next month since I don't see glu releasing any 420+ players with double stacked skills vs RHP anytime soon. 
  • Options
    I’m two more boxes and one more 97% pull from getting to use the pity timer. This is very exciting. I don’t know if I can make it to the next CvC. I might have to buy them. 
  • Options
    @Punkers777 agree don’t see them releasing very many lefty’s with good woh skills. Only releasing 390’s and 400’s with good woh skills unfortunately. 2/4 isn’t to bad that gives me a lil bit more confidence for Monday 😌. 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    17 boxes two different times.  Got Brandon Kintzler both times.  That pity timer showed me zero pity.  Ah well!
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Thank you pity timer

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     Okay Glu, I’ll keep a lookout!

• Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I can confirm the pity timer works. I opened 20 boxes and on the 20th got a prime. XP from the first 19.