Options

Legend Leveling

ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
So, I'm fully in the camp of you don't level a legend until you have the lxp to take them to your level.  I changed my mind with Scioscia.  I am probably wrong, but I look at him as the premiere rhp killer for WOH.  I am in Gold, so I have a lot more flexibility than diamond guys.  I only had enough lxp to get him to G4.  My best player and current rhp finisher is also a catcher, Prime Wolters whose skills are at 13, 13.  I went against my better judgement and leveled Scioscia up, because I have field pass this week and I could take both of his skills to 12, 12.  I made the decision mid event yesterday and through the first 51 games, he is hitting .600 with 51 homers.  He will go to the bench for now, until I can level him higher.  I have buyers remorse because even though he rating will be great, he will sit on the bench until I can get the lxp..

So the question is, if you can level the skills up, should you level a legend up early.  Did I just waist all of that lxp?

Comments

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Looking forward to LXP in the VIP gift next week...
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Could either he or Wolters serve as your dh? I agree Scioscia is a fantastic choice, and once you get him to G6 he should be equal to a 400 prime. I would say you didn't make a terrible decision 🙃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    You made the right choice. I was in the same boat only thing is I jumped to platinum😩
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    You've made the decision, so let us know once you find out if it was a 'waist' or not.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I will preface my opinion with another opinion(lol). It's a game and I believe that you should always choose 'fun.' Whatever that means to you, I believe no matter the choice, fun is always correct. That said, 'fun' means different things for all of us. For me, being efficient plays a big role in my enjoyment of the game. As such, if it were me, I'd never work on a project unless it was a keeper and/or ATG. 
    To answer your question directly, if it were me, I'd only worry about the skills if I can cap the player. However, at this point, you're basically pot-committed. On the bright side, Mike isn't too shabby. You'll be fine!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Lol, I looked for a "waist" gif, but none of them were appropriate and I don't want to land on @DFBB's bad side. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Lol, I looked for a "waist" gif, but none of them were appropriate and I don't want to land on @DFBB's bad side. 
    Would hait to see you get banned.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    😂😂😂😂🤣 I wouldn't know what to do with myself, the past few months would have been a total waist. I suppose I could just creait a new account 🤔
  • Options
    Thanks grammar police.  Responses were funny, point taken.  On a side note, good luck with your homophones, and bending over to tie your shoes, when you are in your 70's.
  • Options
    @ReadingFightingPhils my bad! I wasn't making fun of you, just having fun 😁 if you're in your 70's, though, then I highly respect you and the fact that you're playing with us 🍻
  • Options
    @ReadingFightingPhils my bad! I wasn't making fun of you, just having fun 😁 if you're in your 70's, though, then I highly respect you and the fact that you're playing with us 🍻
    I understand.  I didn't think you were.  Laughing keeps you young.