Options

Riddle Me This?

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,788 Posts
edited August 2019 in General TSB Discussion

As valuable as PXP is and due to relatively scarcity of it, why isn’t it more prudent to level up skills of Keepers instead of using it on players who won’t be on our roster in 3 weeks? I’ve got an S10 club with a couple of 400’s, a couple of 390’s doing very nicely, hopefully will win a 2nd Season tonight and can sometimes cycle WOH Classic, although only for resources since no player I’ve won is in lineup. Bonus games are OK, CvC is ok. Just seems like chunking PXP on rental players right now is a waste. I know my Keepers are staying, so I feel that is best (and most expensive way) to spend. I just don’t see why spending on a 420 when a shiny new toy is around in a couple weeks. Thoughts?

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• Options
    greg24211greg24211 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    400s have been out for months now and still feel relevant, at least to me. I feel like 420s are worth spending resources on, anything less than that probably not...
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I took my Keeper Mantle skills to 12/12 this week - should get a boost next week and now it’s done I won’t look back. I was sitting on 1.3m pxp though - so it didn’t empty the tank and he should be my WOH guy for any lefties they throw at us for some time.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've had both my keeper bats(ichiro/jt) at 13/12 and 12/12 for awhile. For the reasons you mentioned above, I've prioritized them all year.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    I've had both my keeper bats(ichiro/jt) at 13/12 and 12/12 for awhile. For the reasons you mentioned above, I've prioritized them all year.
    Thanks. I’m 10/20, but 5/20 on 1 skill on both bats. So yeah, I’m boosting for sure! Can get to 12/20 everywhere I think
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @tshea510 - do it with field pass on keepers- saves a bunch of xp and evo. I used the cheaper weekly one this week and leveled the HoF reward with it also. Plus hitting the milestone rewards i find easier with HOF monday and clash tuesday with the clash multiplier and HoF reward as a cvc bonus
  • Options
    Thanks @benny100, yeah I kinda was realizing I’d have to do that as costly as Keepers are 👍
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Scarcity is a choice.