Options

Slugfest has me PUMPED! Also a little confused 😵

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
My first time playing slugfest, and I'm more than stoked to add Bellinger! 😁

However, little old bronze me has to face off against silver 6 sluggers at 5.9 and 5.10.. I can hear the outcry if gold teams were facing platinum pitchers at the end of WOH, so what gives??

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited September 2019
    That's normal for slugfest buddy. If u are silver u face gold sluggers at the end

Edit - it's also months since I played so memory may be foggy lol!
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Well, that's a bummer. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited September 2019
    It's not. It's pretty easy once you do it a few times. I believe in gold I was facing capped gold legend sluggers. Had to use gold boost to put up over 6k in 5.10 even with previous week's reward player. May give it a go in diamond just for giggles after these multipliers send crushing defeat rippling throughout...

pssss: ripples are from giant, flopping whales.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Well, that's a bummer. 
    They miss often though, especially in bronze. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Any of you guys playing slugfest having it freeze at 90% loading the next matchup occasionally?
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    It just takes forever between screens for me.  I have to be so careful to not hit the play button twice and choose a random slugger.
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    This week's slugger is a 380 max, so they keep creeping up, unfortunately no changes to the reward tiers.  Slugfest has become a black hole for me.  I just continually waste resources each week to cap the new guy.  I am gold and I only do 3 cycles with everything else going on with Royale.  To me 65,280 bxp is way too expensive to cap a minimally used person in gold. I feel like I have to get the new guy each week in case they do gold battles, in case they increase the rewards, in case the sky falls, and in case butterflies shoot out my nose (and at 70, I am pretty sure any of the last 3 things would give me a heart attack).