Options

“OLD SCHOOL PLAYER PREDICTIONS” packs

Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
Stupid question maybe but would anyone want to buy Jose altuve or Hunter Pence 3 times? Am I missing something or just another box error by glu

Comments

• Options
    Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts

• Options
    CrumbsCrumbs Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Personally, I would not buy them three times. I’d buy it once and take the gamble they hit a milestone. They don’t seem too far fetched. 

Also, I do not see Hunter Pence in my store. Altuve, Dozier, Merrifield, and Chirinos for me. 
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Being a diamond player you may consider it. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Call me crazy, but shouldn’t something like this be 5$?
    In the past they were primes that dropped to the bxp player max at the time which was 325. Useless if the gamble didn't pay off. Staying a 400 prime is still better than the 360 max bxp player you can pull from any box right now. Maybe valued a little too high still as we're at 430 primes but not the same as the All-Star specials players from before. IMO.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Yeah, no thanks. $20 for a "who knows" situation on players with bad skills? Nah. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Yeah, no thanks. $20 for a "who knows" situation on players with bad skills? Nah. 

Agreed for the most part, but Whit is late innings and runners on. That's pretty useful in WOH, not bad in CVC, and useful if you're ever in a tight bonus game, season game or prime game.  I don't think those skills are bad.  Not every player can be double RHP or double LHP. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    That’s the confusing thing for me of late;  what is up with the generally crappy skill combinations?!  We went through a period where there was always a couple, sometimes a few with really nice skills every box set that was released....the week with Olson, the ambidextrous week, even the speed burner week had goodrum.  With the introduction of legends cane the onset of crappy skill malaise.....frustrating in that I want to replace players in my lineup but can’t do it with higher max players because their skills blow.   Seems the only players to be gifted with attractive skill sets would have been effective 2 months ago (see Kolten Wong from last weekend at a passé 400max).  

Anyway, those specials players together with the gold battles are as close as this game gets to real gambling.   Good times!
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Exhibit A!!!!

Had the potential to be a barnstormer save for that Hot Hitter non skill.   With the late inning skill it would seem he’d be suited for WOH....just have to struggle through the first two hits and then have to be in the camp that believes skills activate after the opening scenario in WOH.  Too many ifs for me.  If he had a WOH skill, another late innings or RHP, even a runner on base or RISP skill he’d be leveled already.  Don’t know why I kept him this long actually.  
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    As a big Astros fan, I would have actually considered the Altuve deal if his skills didn't suck so badly.  I mean, a prime games skill?  For a player that costs $20?!  Come on man.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Agreed for the most part, but Whit is late innings and runners on. That's pretty useful in WOH, not bad in CVC, and useful if you're ever in a tight bonus game, season game or prime game.  I don't think those skills are bad.  Not every player can be double RHP or double LHP. 
    Whit is the best one available, but if I have to spend money just for one player I want some finisher skills. The least they could do is have a lefty or switch-hitter included 🤷🏻‍♂️ as it stands, I wouldn't level these guys if I got them from CVC rewards. $20 for a 430 Whit doesn't interest me personally, the possibility of him being 400 for $20 is just absurd lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The only one that has decent skills is Whit, but his speed is higher than his power.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    That’s the confusing thing for me of late;  what is up with the generally crappy skill combinations?!  We went through a period where there was always a couple, sometimes a few with really nice skills every box set that was released....the week with Olson, the ambidextrous week, even the speed burner week had goodrum.  With the introduction of legends cane the onset of crappy skill malaise.....frustrating in that I want to replace players in my lineup but can’t do it with higher max players because their skills blow.   Seems the only players to be gifted with attractive skill sets would have been effective 2 months ago (see Kolten Wong from last weekend at a passé 400max).  

Anyway, those specials players together with the gold battles are as close as this game gets to real gambling.   Good times!
    Rizzo from a couple weeks ago, granted a 420 max, w/2x RHP is decent. But I hear you, even Rendon from last weekend caused some anxiety at 5.9 during Royale WoH with only one active skill at start of round, which is still better than even PoTM Aquino with none...