Options

Wednesday 9/18 WOH

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Prize is 400 max Prime Kris Bryant (3B with runners on and LHP skills).

I finally have the PXP to cycle cap him,  but I think I'll wait til next Wednesday.  Still not getting over 400 maxes on Wednesdays and LHP skill isn't something I need, I need RHP skills.  Not really enough of an upgrade from 360 Frazier to be worth blowing a ton of PXP on.  
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    wonder what the pitchers will be since Monday changed
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I wish they would add a mega pxp box to the rewards...haven’t bothered with royale woh in quite sometime. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Even though we 'evolved' to primes on Weds, it's actually less of an appeal to play WoH. With bxp guys as the reward, there was a nice chance to make large chunks of bxp even if you didn't care for the player. 

@MoenPDC The player reward is fairly mediocre so it's a lock that the difficulty gets ramped up today! :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @DFBB
    How about a Wednesday 2 tower, same difficulty and pitchers, with a 360 BXP on one and a 400 PXP on the other?  Make it happen :) 

Or do you think making WOH less appealing on Wednesday is by design and intent?

• Options
    @Wicked0Wildcats That would be great! I love WoH and I'm sure I'll do a few cycles for kicks, but man, your idea sounds nice! When the towers debuted several months ago, they made it clear that they didn't want to double up on Weds. Here's hoping that they change their mind and soon!
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @DFBB From past weeks of cycle capping primes on Royale day, do you have any idea regarding how much of the PXP spent to level the reward to a reasonable place gets recouped when cycling?  I have enough PXP to take Bryant to P10 and cap him from there, but given that he doesn't have two always-on skills and doesn't play a position of need, I'm just wondering if I'd be better off saving my PXP or using it on someone else? 

Bryant at D10 would probably be my second best righty, but the lack of always-on skills means I wouldn't feel good using him as a closer.  So I'm just trying to figure out whether cycle capping is worth the investment.
  • Options
    @mrwillson Several weeks ago, I did 16x cycles to cap Ervin(390 prime). I took him to p5 and cycle capped. At the end of the day, I had about 65k fewer pxp than I started with. Fwiw, a d10 400 max prime has a trade in value of 6800 pxp and a 390 prime is about 66xx so it should be similar. Imo, you're better off spending time in tourneys/bgs than cycle capping Bryant. 
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @DFBB Thanks.
  • Options
    Worth mentioning, but same WoH pitchers as last week.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Just get rid of the player reward and throw like maybe 4 mega prime boxes up there and I'll cycle it all day.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Switch hitting 420 Escobar (3B) was the last prime from HOF before legends moved to HOF and primes moved to Royale woh (if my memory serves me correctly). When was that, about a month ago? Why can't the primes from Royale WOH be any better than that by now? They're still worse! 

Edit: Escobar's skills are the same as Bryant's too, so it's not even a lower max with better skills.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited September 2019
    For those who want the detailed breakdown....
    CLASSIC
    Tier 1: LRRRLRLLRR
    Tier 2: RRRLRRLRLR
    Tier 3: RRRLRRLLLL
    Tier 4: RRRLRRLRRR
    ROY                    RRLR
    Tier 5: RRRRRLLRRR
    ROY                  RRRLR 
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Glu has been de-valuing Royale WOH for weeks, if not months. I doubt it changes until after the playoffs are over, at the earliest. I just do one cycle for bonus player and then try to focus on acquiring gloves. I can't be bothered cycling for 2k pxp.
  • Options
    Switch hitting 420 Escobar (3B) was the last prime from HOF before legends moved to HOF and primes moved to Royale woh (if my memory serves me correctly). When was that, about a month ago? Why can't the primes from Royale WOH be any better than that by now? They're still worse! 

Edit: Escobar's skills are the same as Bryant's too, so it's not even a lower max with better skills.
    Pure speculation on my part, but I think it's their way of allowing others to play 'catch up.' We've had legends in Hof for the past 5 weeks so yeah, six weeks ago for that Escobar... 
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    I agree, royale should have a some type of xp box(es). Even classic WOH gives you a box in addition to a player. 
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Anyone else having the issue of everything Royal disappearing?
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    No, but my Fan Rewards reset to zero then it disappeared altogether.
  • Options
    superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    All my pick'em stuff just disappeared, uh oh
  • Options
    I was at level 4 on woh and now its level 1
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @DFBB a 400 prime isn't catching up to 450 legends (especially with Wednesdays difficulty level) 😬 I just dusted my diamond off this week, and have Escobar from that woh lmao. I was really hoping for a guy today. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️ cycling d6 is the play of the day 🙃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I’m not getting my multipliers now either. Went from about 3.5 Mil per bonus game now only getting about 1.75 Mil. 
  • Options
    Check your pick'em collections, mine are no longer active and gone.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Idk about pick em or fan rewards but my field pass shows I have negative 2 billion points.
  • Options
    My WOH went back to single skill Goldschmidt, that expires in 17921 days from now. 
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    My WOH went back to single skill Goldschmidt, that expires in 17921 days from now. 
    Might be enough time to cycle cap. 
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,787 Posts
    This game is very messed up today! Fan Rewards keep resetting to zero, and the saying complete. And apparently the next FP is years away.

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Everything normal here. Just just finished WOH and didn’t even need the video replay. 
  • Options
    @DFBB a 400 prime isn't catching up to 450 legends (especially with Wednesdays difficulty level) 😬 I just dusted my diamond off this week, and have Escobar from that woh lmao. I was really hoping for a guy today. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️ cycling d6 is the play of the day 🙃
    I meant, to the pace of the game. The HoF rewards/legends are well ahead of the curve for the time being. Today notwithstanding, the royale woh reward has been a double boostd woh friendly guy for the past three weeks. Either way, definitely a step back imo.
  • Options
    So pick'em is back for me, but still level 1 woh :-(
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I kinda think they got hacked

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.