Options

How do the pick em multipliers work?

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
just got my first multiplier today and was super excited it was the bonus game one. Didn’t really notice a difference . So I wrote down what I got for points . I got one hit from bellinger ( 90k ) and one hit from Diaz ( 80k ) 

the bonus points I received was 178,100 and the club points I contributed was 249,620 ( my gold multiplier ) 

where does this patch patch come into effect? Like what the hell......

Comments

• Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Did you acquire it after the event started? Same thing happened to me when I acquired my last bonus game patch after the event started. It kicked in the following week.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    When I got my WoH patch, it worked immediately. I know this is dumb, but I'll say it anyways. Did you restart your app? Often, that's necessary to see the changes.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    It took 30 mins to update. OMG I AM PuTTING UP POINTS. I can’t imagine once I got plat and get increased multiplier . Doing some work, Bbiab
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    It took 30 mins to update. OMG I AM PuTTING UP POINTS. I can’t imagine once I got plat and get increased multiplier . Doing some work, Bbiab
    Yes and no. You'll earn a higher multiplier in platinum and diamond, but you also won't be able to level guys as easily in those tiers. You can always take guys to b10 or S10 for some points, but that's pretty meh.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Yes and no. You'll earn a higher multiplier in platinum and diamond, but you also won't be able to level guys as easily in those tiers. You can always take guys to b10 or S10 for some points, but that's pretty meh.
    Well, you can still get points using the bonus players even without leveling them. During Royale yesterday, I put up over a billion points. I had 1 POTW that I didn’t touch, had another guy pulled from a box at B1, had the WOH reward that was at B2, and Legend Butler which I was able to get to G4. I put all those guys in the lineup and was scoring around 1 - 2 million a game. I hit a high of 5 million, but also had a few that had zero bonus points where I only got 400 for the bonus game. You have to realize that will happen if you don’t upgrade these guys. But over the course of the event, if you have a strong enough team, they give these lower bonus guys plenty of ABs. Going 1-6 sucks as an average, but that 1 hit can be huge for a bonus. You add in the tier multiplier and the picker multiplier and the points do sky rocket. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @sullipa8 covered the "yes" of my "yes and no" pretty well 👍😁 last Wednesday (not yesterday) I put up a few billion with a d9 POTM Clevinger (as far as I remember, it was either just him or I had a bronze bat as well). Bronze legends obviously serve much better than bronze bxp guys, you just have to find a balance. I have two s10 bats today, and I'm only getting 300-500k a game, then with an s10 Maeda that number is more 400k-1m. Not all that great 🤷‍♂️ I guess it's hit or miss
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71