Options

#Deflate380Gate

ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
I will need @Houmy to confirm, but I think this is definitely a gate.  There is some math in here, so bear with me.  So I was really excited to get player of the month Yordan Alvarez last month.
 His old bronze 1 ratings:
Hit    Power   Speed    Total Ratings Points(Hit + Power + Speed)
137     117       71            325
42%    36%     22%       Percentage of total
 His old Gold 10 Ratings 
294      251       152            697
 His new Gold 10 Ratings
245      219       159            623
39%     35%      26%       Percentage of total

So they didn't just make him a 380 max player, they made him a completely different player
His expected results should have been:
263      234       136            623

For those of you who are math challenged, let me summarize -     Math = Good        People = Bad

Comments

• Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I have him at D10 and was very disappointed to see his speed actually increase after the drop while his hit and power dropped significantly. I don’t regret leveling him to D10 but I do regret it a little getting his skills to 16/16. 
    Here is a little comparison of him against other D10 Max 360 players I have.

• Options
    DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Caveats:  1) I read this forum daily, ok, almost hourly; 2) I very infrequently post; 3) I greatly appreciate the loyal following and all the information on this forum; 4) I like math

The fourth caveat is my entry point. I was a victim of the July PotM AlonsoGate (essentially Glu botched the trade-in value after the PotMs were deactivated). FWIW I held onto Alonso hoping the "programming" would self correct when the August PotMs were deactivated. In an extremely rare bit of luck this actually happened. Alonso's trade-in value reverted to normal and I traded him in during the first week of September. From that point on I've been more diligent with tracking and taking screen shots of everything.

I previously subscribed to @DFBB's advice regarding the value of PotMs. After AlonsoGate I realized that player stats after PotM deactivation were substantially and proportionally different from the original PotM stats (different percentage weighting across hit, power, and speed.....said differently, inflated speed and diminished hit/power).

To summarize, @ReadingFightingPhils is spot on; this is absolutely a "Gate"; and again, I like math.