Options

To cap, or not to cap?

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
I am weak at 1B, and just pulled Prime Sig Freeman. Once the VIP gift drops; I should have enough PXP to cap him at D.10 (I have field pass already). Should I do it? It would wipe out my PXP stash and potentially keep me from cycle capping Royale next week, and part of me worries a similar 1B will drop over the weekend, which would mean I could have capped for much cheaper. Then again, if I wait to see what tomorrow brings, that would necessarily require another FP investment, and if the weekend boxes don’t have a great 1B, I may be stuck with only a 20% discount (unless they change weekend FP too), which would probably leave me short on PXP.  Decisions, decisions. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I'm in the same boat, except that I've got a handful of prime sigs.  I'm going to hold pat and hope that one of them becomes a 500 overall.  I have positions of weakness like you, but if I have a 500, regardless of position he's instantly going to be my best player by a long shot. I'd feel terrible if I put all my resources into the wrong guy and then can't get my 500 rated player up to D10.  IMO Glu is likely to have another 30% discount opportunity in the near future.
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    The last tiers of course are the highest resource stealers. I think D7ish is good enough, if you are looking for a WOH bat. D10 is really just for show 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    CAP! CAP! CAAAP!!!! (Yes, I have Freeman and wish to see others in my position). 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I’d hold. Wait for the VIP gift. See all your options then. 
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I decided to cap. When the VIP gift apparently got delayed, I just bought some Mega PXP boxes. That was enough to get him to D.9 (plus skills to 12/12). Then I got 2 boxes from CVC MVP, and who do I pull in one of them? Another Freddie Freeman to push him to D.10 save me that last 95k. Even better: whatever we eventually get from VIP will serve to rebuild my PXP stash and help me cycle Royale next week if the reward is desirable. 

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m sitting on all I pull and waiting to see who goes from an ugly duckling to a swan.  It’s mid week anyway;  no clock ticking like on weekend discounts so if I want to level next week it’s the same as now so better off waiting.  
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I was going to say wait to cap since the Braves aren’t winning the WS but who knows anything can happen
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    definitely worth capping. Even if braves get knocked out he is god damn sexy for WOH
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    If they go far he will be a god