Options

Skills to 16/16?

criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
Thoughts on taking a finisher's skills to 16/16? I've got all my legends at 12/12, but trying to see whether it's worth the 80k in LXP (have 210k after today) to take a 450 guy to 16/16? Don't want to waste resources unnecessarily - should I wait for a 470 finisher to be available before taking up to 470? Not sure if a guy like Scoiscia will be relevant until the end of the season or not.

Comments

• Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I have POTM Meadows at 16/16 and he handled Oswalt fairly easily. I also have all of my WOH relevant upgrades to 84/100. I am Diamond BTW.
  • Options
    Thanks. I went 10/17 or so today with Scioscia (@ gold with no plans on going diamond). Not worried about the next month or so, but trying to figure out how long Scioscia or another 450 finisher will be good for in hof.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I used my keeper Hosmer @ Diamond 8, he's currently a 434, with double RHP skills at 9 and 10.  Most of the day I had live boost and used the 80G on 6-9 and 6-10 but I used him against both Sutcliffe and Oswalt and he had very little trouble.  I would say a good 80% success rate combined against both, very rarely had to use more than the video continue.  I think I lost to Sutcliffe only once with this strategy and Oswalt maybe 3 or 4 times.  I don't have as good of a closer as most of you but once I get Hoz to D10 he should be decent.  

As long as you aren't struggling too much with 6-9 and 6-10 right now I'd save the resources and wait for a 470 or higher.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited October 2019
    criffy said:
    Thoughts on taking a finisher's skills to 16/16? I've got all my legends at 12/12, but trying to see whether it's worth the 80k in LXP (have 210k after today) to take a 450 guy to 16/16? Don't want to waste resources unnecessarily - should I wait for a 470 finisher to be available before taking up to 470? Not sure if a guy like Scoiscia will be relevant until the end of the season or not.
    Define “worth it”.

Finishers are already checking in above 450.  I would not do it; would wait for a 470 min with perfect skills.  

This was sent to me by a buddy.....was it necessary?  No.......but it is awesome if you can afford it.   

• Options
    ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Yo criffy... I have RIzzuto at 18/18 and only need video boost vs Oswalt... worth it for me. 
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• Options
    Reeces said:
    Yo criffy... I have RIzzuto at 18/18 and only need video boost vs Oswalt... worth it for me. 
    what does that take his overall up to without the video boost / with video boost? like 400?
  • Options
    I believe 435

• Options
    without boost

• Options
    yeah so that's like the live boost + 80g boost. damn, that's tempting as f, thanks for the intel @Reeces