Options

Decisions

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
Ugh, as a diamond player I somewhat live in fear of a great box pull leaving me with a tough decision on whether to bother leveling someone. Case in point, I just pulled this guy from a CVC reward and now have to decide whether to cap him. I would have to farm another 150K LXP, which would be a pain in and of itself, to say nothing of needing to then refill my LXP stash before next Monday’s HOF cycling. If he was a lefty I think it still might be worthwhile, but since I already have 350 Cabrera (another SS, no less) as a righty finisher, I just don’t think it would be worth the effort. Anyone care to convince me otherwise?

Comments

• Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Not really to try and convince you... but if u did level him being a 490 he would be relevant for some time. I had a couple 490s with woh tailored skills still on my team very late in the year last year. Good luck 👍🏻 
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Those are some nice skills, too. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Wait until you farm the full amount then decide.  Depending on how long that takes you might have a better option in hand by then or have won a similar player in HOF.  
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    When I read his name this is all I can think of.....
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    In diamond, i try not to start leveling anybody unless i know i can finish them asap
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    also consider that his skills are good for WOH but his speed is way to high, which takes its toll in the hit/power numbers
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Wait until you farm the full amount then decide.  Depending on how long that takes you might have a better option in hand by then or have won a similar player in HOF.  
    I'd agree with this. I don't know @mwilson829's situation, but currently, there's no need for a top shelf bat vs leftys. Until things change, I would hold on to the lxp. In the meanwhile, I'd stack lxp. It bears repeating, but my thing has always been cap or not at all. Exceptions of course, are keepers/ATGs.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I definitely agree on either capping fully or not bothering.  I guess the question was more whether I should go to the effort of trying to farm the LXP I would need to be able to cap him, particularly given that he's a righty rather than a lefty.  My inclination has been to just stand pat and not bother chasing additional LXP because a righty shortstop doesn't move the needle for me (even at max 490), and it sounds like many people concur with that opinion.  Thanks for the help.