Options

New player spotlight box

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
 Apparently the Player Spotlight Box is this year's version of the offseason PotW/Gamechanger box.  Couple thoughts:  

1) Seager would be worth pursuing, except:

2) Sorry, but a 450 for a 1 week boosted player does not cut it this time of year.  With numerous 500-520s floating around now, these guys should be 490 minimum.  At a 450 max they're nothing more than something to do with your extra blue XP and maybe knock out some mid-WOH levels with, but they're not the really good WOH investments that we saw during the season with PotW/PotM.

Comments

• Options
    mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Kyle Seager at SS?  LOL.  Do they proof anything?
  • Options
    Kyle Seager at SS?  LOL.  Do they proof anything?
    Oh yeah, good call.   :)  That,  too. 
  • Options
    scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    They do not
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2019
    These players are NOT worth it for team builders........totally worth it for bonus points and CvC bonus.....can be worth it for getting over the hump  in WOH situationally dependent.  
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    As a Mariner fan the thought of Seagar playing SS makes me stressed 
  • Options
    buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I can't imagine too many people are buying these. Why can't give us a POTM substitute instead?
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I feel like temporary boost for these players should be a minimum of 500. Very outdated temporary overall boost imo 
  • Options
    buddydave said:
    I can't imagine too many people are buying these. Why can't give us a POTM substitute instead?
    Everybody in my club gets them.  Great for scoring.  BXP goes to wipe otherwise.  
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Umm, 7 IP with 1 hit is a “huge game” ?  :|
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I feel like temporary boost for these players should be a minimum of 500. Very outdated temporary overall boost imo 
    You mean because 430 primes are even outdated yet they still hand em out like tic tacs?

I realized yesterday my alternate team is about done except for being a slugfest team. My only legend there is Mariano Rivera... From the first legends released. Barely even have any 430 primes there. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Umm, 7 IP with 1 hit is a “huge game” ?  :|
    Yea idk what the rhyme or reason for these would be.  Seagars 3 homer game came in mid august.   I pretty much picture them throwing darts to decide it.
  • Options
    I get their usefulness for bonus points/CvsC, but part of the point of the PotW type players has always been a guy who, with the right skills can be a closer for a borderline HOF passing WOH team.  They've always been at or at least near the top available maxes.  A gap of 70 points between the 450 spotlight players and 520 best overalls is quite significant.  I hope they are not trending in that direction now where the usefulness of these guys will be limited to being a bonus player and a BXP dumping ground.  
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    1,100 gold a pop- and it usually takes me about 15 pulls before I get the hitter. For the price, the 450 max for one week, and only being an event bonus for two days and a CVC bonus after that (doesn't help the pitchers' cause), it's not a great value. Cut the cost of the box nearly in half and toss in some lxp and it looks better- but they should be boosted to around 500. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Had rendon last week and even with him capped he hurt my lineup in c vs c, I literally was scoring more points without his week ass in my lineup and he was my only c vs c bonus player for Thursday. 
  • Options
    whammo911 said:
    Had rendon last week and even with him capped he hurt my lineup in c vs c, I literally was scoring more points without his week ass in my lineup and he was my only c vs c bonus player for Thursday. 
    This is the issue for me as well.  Not far reaching enough to say it is a problem since a 450 player would be an improvement in all but the top lineups.  But here in a room with my addict friends we can say that 450s are below us and let them eat cake!  

Seriously though, unless I get a maxed legend bonus player I don’t use one anymore for CvC as I score better with ref lineup and boosts.  
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    edited November 2019
    On top of them only being 450 Max overall, Kyle, big brother of Corey, has never played a day of SS since he has been with Seattle. He has been their 3B for the past 8 years. I guess they were trying to avoid having back to back weeks of 3B. Oh well, what are you going to do? 
    Correction: Out of 1258 total games played, 1225 at 3B, 22 at 2B, and 11 at SS. Only one game since 2011 has he played SS and that was in 2015. Way to go Glu.
  • Options
    Would have been worse if he’d been a 3b like you said.  

Whatever happened to last year favorites like Machado, Lindor and Posey?  Seems like the pool of players used just gets smaller and smaller.  
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    They finally fixed it he’s a 3B now. Not that many people are buying the box anyway
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    6 boxes so far and all XP, no players yet. 

I tried flipping a coin 6 times and got 4 heads and 2 tails so it’s not me it’s glu. 
  • Options
    My first 9 today were no hits either.  In the end got Garver pity and then again 3 boxes later then Trumbo on #18 before I called it for the day.  

You dont buy enough boxes to get “lucky” on a regular basis.  
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    To be fair, in this particular case, buying 6 boxes at 50% odds and getting nothing is kinda rough. But I've been there too. All about volume.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    2/2 yesterday with this box. 2/3 last week, 2/4 week before...
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Normally, I have horrid luck with these boxes, but got both players in 3 boxes last night.

I agree that a 450 max player is far from ideal at this stage, but it still appeals to diamond players. Gold isn't as valuable at diamond as it is in lower tiers and they just 'gave' away a crap load of bxp last weekend. Other than that, I think completely agree with the OP. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.