Options

WOH 11-18-19: Harold Baines HOF, CJ Cron

13Next

Comments

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I was using him at 6-10 and I was using 80 gold boost. He went 4-2 against Ryan 
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I was disappointed to not get my last cycle, started the match and got to the boost screen, started watching videos and as soon as I was up to 80gold and clicked the boost the app crashed. In the past you could get away with it as long as you got to the boost screen before event ended you could even gold continue. Now they force close app and take your gold. Wish I knew they changed it would have tried just a video boost.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    whammo, that is one of the main reasons I don't use gold at all when playing WoH. It is either video boost or nothing.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Sometimes there is some rng. Baines is an absolute beast . I haven’t hit 5 home runs on 6.10 in the entire month I’ve been diamond combined . Baines just hit 5 home runs that AB. Bonkers. 
    @MoenPDC I will probably do exactly what you did.  I've been using my 481 Hosmer who is 50/50 lately at best but his skills aren't where they need to be because they're so expensive as a keeper.  Plus I like that if they change things up on us suddenly and switch to a lefty pitcher he will still be double boosted on 6-10.

Are there better closers, I'm sure, but for the price and the free cycle cap and the ability to go 20/20 on skills it's hard to do much better.  

Only thing I will probably do differently is wait for a fan rewards to go from 16/20 to 20/20.

• Options
    whammo, that is one of the main reasons I don't use gold at all when playing WoH. It is either video boost or nothing.
    Well, I think we just found the answer to your "What rating do I need to get a fair advantage in HOF WOH?" thread.

If you can get it done, more power to you, but I cannot imagine the exercise in frustration of trying to do boostless HOF cycling at Silver, I don't care how good your closer is.  
  • Options
    Oh, I've used it in the past plenty of times. Lost every single time. At 80 a pop, I know one Monday alone I lost close to 1000 gold on the final round alone. Then, when I didn't select gold on the last try, I won it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options

Also, I cleared it six times yesterday over Ryan in 9 tries. After I boosted Musial's skills one more time, he was a beast. I have him at 17/17 right now.

Cecil Cooper (510) at 17/17 is a beat too in any other round. Used him on 6.9 twice and he hit five straight HRs.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    15 cycles 😭
    just a small disclaimer B)

LOL well I can cycle it in like 25 mins now so it isn't that bad.
  • Options
    It's no doubt frustrating when you spend gold on boosts and it doesn't feel like it is doing any good.  Over a large enough sample size I would still expect to see results, but there are times when it certainly feels like a waste.  
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Looking at Legend Chipper....he’s only going to have both skills activated on 6.9, 6.8, 5.10 and 5.9 right?

No runners on base for 6.10 correct?
  • Options

Correct, no runners on base on 6.10.

LOL at whoever is disagreeing with my posts on what my guys are doing. All I am doing is sharing my experiences here.  I'm fully aware of my handicaps at Silver, but have still found ways to make them work and enjoy the game.

• Options
    It's no doubt frustrating when you spend gold on boosts and it doesn't feel like it is doing any good.  Over a large enough sample size I would still expect to see results, but there are times when it certainly feels like a waste.  

Here is something else that is sure to get some "disagrees"....I find in WoH HoF if I don't use ANY boosts at all in rounds 1-5, I get through it much faster. Seems if I use a boost, the more likelihood there is for shenanigans.

Every singe time I used a boost on 4.10 or 5.10 yesterday, I got curved out IMMEDIATELY. As in, batter up, nine curves, even though my favorability was over double.

No boost?  No curves and I would fly through the round with Trammel hitting dingers left and right (well mainly to right).

• Options
    buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Wow, couldn't imagine getting through HOF at gold without boosts.  :o  

P.S. I recommend ignoring the "disagrees" no matter what you're saying--even if your post seems "undisagreeable." Maybe they accidentally hit "disagree" but meant to "agree." Maybe they're just a jerk. Who knows!
  • Options

The disagrees don't bother me, really. It just cracks me up.

I start using the video boost on 6.6(ish) in HOF, but that is usually the max boost I use.

I beat Ryan yesterday twice with no boost, and three other times with just a video boost.  Early in the day when I struggled, I used 80 gold once and had nothing but noodle bat. Had a vido restart, then used it one more time, got to 6-5, men on second and third, then noodle bats for the last three outs to lose. Needless to say I lost faith in the 80 gold boost after that, especially when I started to win it later without it.

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I reserve video restart use to 6.9 or 6.10.   If I falter before that I take my medicine and start from the beginning of the level in that my feeling is that if I fall before the last two slots the RNG is already spun for me to restart the level.  If I need a vid restart on 6.9, ensuing round I 40boost and then final round 80boost and this almost always pans out in a cycle. If I fall on 6.10, ensuing round is an 80boost and again is in the +90% conversion range.  

My my personal philosophy on skills investment is that I don’t go deeper than 13/20 at this point in the game since I keep incorporating new finishers on a regular basis and find that Ill beat 6.10 about half the time clean and the other most of the time with a vid and gold boost......I spend the gold point of service rather than skill investment and think that until I settle on a player who will remain in the lineup as closer for more than 4 weeks that I come out ahead.
  • Options

Here is something else that is sure to get some "disagrees"....I find in WoH HoF if I don't use ANY boosts at all in rounds 1-5, I get through it much faster. Seems if I use a boost, the more likelihood there is for shenanigans.

Every singe time I used a boost on 4.10 or 5.10 yesterday, I got curved out IMMEDIATELY. As in, batter up, nine curves, even though my favorability was over double.

No boost?  No curves and I would fly through the round with Trammel hitting dingers left and right (well mainly to right).

I don't know if by quoting me that you were implying that I'm the disagreer, but that's not me.  I think it's pretty silly to "disagree" with someone who is just describing personal experience.  And if you're stating an opinion and I do genuinely disagree with it, I will almost always explain WHY I disagree with it.  To do anything less I think is just lazy.  

But I think it's more coming from the likelihood that many players and lurkers here are still living in mom's partially furnished basement.  
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Guys I've been disagreeing to @drsmartassphd because I disagreed on a few of his original posts (broken record on woh at silver and don't need to hear his rhetoric on it given the vast majority of us are no longer at silver) and subsequently to troll him for fun (he seems to get a kick out of it).  Y'all get too butt hurt on the disagrees, who the f cares
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I think I did a couple times too just to keep the fire going, LOL
  • Options
    toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    I agree with drsmartassphd.  I too am at silver. Mostly because the orange and yellow stuff are not that plentiful.  The day I cycled hall twice I did it without any boosts.  When I put down 80 gold or even watch a video the pitching can become unhittable.