Options

“Forced” to go Platinum?

TXAG17TXAG17 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
Is there a point where the game will “force” you to go to the next level? Over the last week, I’ve been losing much more often and it feels like my team just isn’t good enough anymore.

Comments

• Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited November 2019
    At a certain win threshold (at least, this holds true for bronze, silver, and gold), the game will force you to play bonus games and prime games against a player from the tier above you, in this case, diamond. So you probably hit some number of wins, and now you are playing a higher echelon of teams. This information may be outdated as I haven't heard of people going through this since July or so.

P.S. Gig 'em!
  • Options
    BlackFang, that makes sense. I faced a pitcher at 320 overall which is higher than the current max in gold
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    TXAG17 said:
    BlackFang, that makes sense. I faced a pitcher at 320 overall which is higher than the current max in gold
    I misread your initial post, I thought you were in platinum, but my words should still hold true. Out of curiosity, how many wins do you have?
  • Options
    TXAG17 said:
    I misread your initial post, I thought you were in platinum, but my words should still hold true. Out of curiosity, how many wins do you have?
    I’m sitting right around 5000
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’m stiiing at 20k wins, am gold and seldom lose.  Team strength is 170k, hope that helps ya
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    bobby12587bobby12587 Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    Yep. I'm 165000 strength gold and I face all diamond teams in  bonus games. If you are winning don't worry about it. I win 9 out of 10 so I'm staying