Options

OT Help Needed: Huge Dilemma. Which NES Game Do I Play First?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I used to rush for over 1000 yards per game with Bo Jackson in that game. Too bad Marcus Allen would have -900 in the same game. Run Bo for a 1st down, go out of bounds. Run Marcus back to the 1 yard line. Rinse and repeat. Just got bored sometimes. Did over 1000 receiving with Jerry Rice using the same strategy.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Oh yeah.  I used to intentionally get tackled on the 1, just to see how many 99 yard TDs I could score.  Fun times.

Another game that no one has mentioned is Master Blaster.  I used to love that game, even though I was awful at it.

And Battletoads was fun.  Not a great game, but I loved the shameless attempt to capitalize on the TMNT success.
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    edited January 2020
    We used to play RBI Baseball for Ken Griffey Jr RC’s...those were the days! And Tecmo Bowl of course
  • Options
    Now I have to try to find a new NES console.  Mine but the dust a couple years ago, but I still have about 30 games stashed in a closet somewhere.

Thanks, @drsmartassphd, even in one of your most pleasant threads, you cause strife.🤪
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Zelda, Super Mario 3 and Castlevania were all favs of mine.  

Also loved me some Ghosts 'n Goblins and some Excitebike.  I would create the worst tracks in Excitebike and tell my friends to play it, and it would just be a full level of those little jumps that no one likes ha... good times.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Nobody gonna mention “Paperboy”?
    That shît was my guide to life 
  • Options
    Ah....Excitebike was awesome!
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Now I have to try to find a new NES console.  Mine but the dust a couple years ago, but I still have about 30 games stashed in a closet somewhere.

Thanks, @drsmartassphd, even in one of your most pleasant threads, you cause strife.🤪

Glad I could help! My baby bro (almost 40 lol) has the OG console hooked up to his TV so I just bought a Yobo dual NES/SNES console from Gameware. Got it for $30.

I just got a two control extensions in the mail along with a 25ft AV cable so I can run it all up behind the wall and just use the controllers coming from the cabinet. All nice and neat so hot wife won't get pissy with all my shit all over the living room floor.

Gonna be a fun weekend. NES, TOOL concert, Super Bowl, BBQ, and no kids. Fiya

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options

Also, they have cartridges like this for NES and SNES on ebay for $30 or less.

The amount of hours of entertainment I'm about to get out of this $80 total purchase (console, control extensions, AV to HD chord, and 405 game cartridge) is gonna be awesome.

For $80 in TSB, I would be lucky to cap two legends at G10 with 20/20 skills. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    @drsmartassphd, 10-4.  I have often wondered how well those dual consoles worked.  Sounds like my wife is getting me a present for Valentine's Day...
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I have several favs but I have to say playing mike Tyson’s punch out was my top fav. It was the only game I could get my father to play with me as he loved iron mike and boxing. Great memories...so that may be a contributing factor 
  • Options
    lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    "Mr. Dream" Punchout was way better lol
  • Options
    Tdub71 said:
    @drsmartassphd, 10-4.  I have often wondered how well those dual consoles worked.  Sounds like my wife is getting me a present for Valentine's Day...
    Everything I have put in it has worked, even some of the old black market games me and my brother somehow got later on. I was worried that 405 game cartridge wouldn't work, but it does.