Options

VIP GIFT

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
WHAAAAAAAAACK 
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Instead of giving us weak boxes like the POTW, I wish they’d just give us the 3300 gold and we can wait for a box we want.  I would’ve rather had slugger picks!  
  • Options
    @JdotChristopher or literally ANYTHING ELSE
  • Options
    Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    And I got the same player out of all 3, who I already had!!!!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not sure what you mean @Haraycaray that was a great gift for month 1. cash, xp, evo and 3 picks. What did you want? Thats probably one of the better gifts they have ever given out. Last year it was only 100k cash and 50k bxp. Not sure what you were expecting. They never send out gold in VIP gifts.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 could have done without the POTW boxes...it would have been nice to grab a 5 star over 270 from those picks too..
  • Options
    Rick Porcello? Really? Hmph.
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    If you don’t open the POTW boxes, will they still be there for the next week’s POTW?
  • Options
    Would you rather have got 3 grinke boxes? lol... Luck of the draw on the picks man, I got 2 250s five stars that dont even make the bench but lucky and got Diaz on the last one. The gift was more of a building block in my eyes, cash, xp, evo and  a few players. Overall I think it was much better then years past. They could've just sent cash and xp.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    They wont be next weeks boxes. No use hoarding them 
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Thanks @chainblueltng. I was just asking because I already spent my 2x gold video loot and got Yelich and Beckham.  I was hoping we’d be able to save and open later for a different PoTW.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Rick Porcello? Really? Hmph.
    It's Mookie now but higher speed than power. Meh
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Houmy I’m not the slightest bit interested. Come on now, y’all can do better than that. 
  • Options
    @Houmy I’m not the slightest bit interested. Come on now, y’all can do better than that. 
    I wouldn't get any of the subscriptions that have a one time reward right now, other than five tool, anyway until those rewards are upgraded to a prime or legend level. I don't know if you'd get those one time rewards again once they are upgraded if you subscribe again.

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Not the worst value if you buy it the one time and then cancel before the second week.  Pretty good haul all around for XP, Gold and Blue Cash.  Especially if you’re not hardcore cycling any events yet for resources.  
  • Options
    I am with @dkarski87 on the VIP gifts though. Later in the season I would have probably been disappointed getting POTW boxes but this early on even after they lose their boost they are still stronger than most current players and just 30-40 max below our ATG keepers. The fact that you have 3 50/50 shots getting them and they may be higher max down the road if they are POTW again makes them real valuable. I had both already so I wasn't excited about that portion of the gift but nice still.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I thought this was a great gift for the first one of the year.  Allowed me to go silver so looking forward to see this next week play out 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Yup, allowed me to go silver as well, and I really needed to with the poor performance i was having in all modes. Nice to be winning again hehe. I’m super focussed trying to get sluggers and not repeat the same error from 18 so I would selfishly like something to address that need, but I doubt that’s ever been on the table.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Houmy said:
    and they may be higher max down the road if they are POTW again makes them real valuable.
    Will PoTW players see their max's move though? There were single skill bxp guys (Machado for instance) that were around 300-320 in 18, I presume from early versions when single skill players first came out. Also some prime players from 320-360 that were pretty much useless from November on. Why would Glu make these players in 19 evolve like our keepers? I personally don't see that happening.
  • Options
    They wont, if patterns keep true the POWs and POMs will go up about 5-15 points every month. So we should expect POMs for April to to be in 330-345 range. Just so everyone remembers POMs will not get reboosted like POWs if they are named POW by MLB. Happened a few times last year with POMs but it was a glitch. So keep your POWs for the foreseeable future.

As @Houmy mentioned the drop to 290 and 300s is better then most 5s players you can get from a gold pick. So this makes them pretty decent for the time being.

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    And keep in mind that potw will only get reboosted IF they get elected as potw AGAIN later on the year, so not a periodic boost like keepers.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @tocopan18 Right, that's what I meant though I didn't realize PoTW could get boosted again down the road if they won again. That is a good point.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @dustyhunks It happened with Yelich last year. He was POTW like 3 times in a row so his POTW was boosted a lot. He may do it again this year, although Bryce is making his case for week #2.
  • Options
    @dustyhunks It happened with Yelich last year. He was POTW like 3 times in a row so his POTW was boosted a lot. He may do it again this year, although Bryce is making his case for week #2.
    That is what I was referring to but believe it or not I didn't have a single POTW last year and only one or two POM that I got through free boxes but didn't the POTW cool down max increase also to keep to par with the current players? If Yelich is released as a POTW two months from now wouldn't that box have a higher cool down max after the boost is gone in turn making the Yelich we have now a higher max then?

• Options
    @Houmy correct. Verlander was a POW late in 18 and he went from a 248max as one of the first POWs in 18 to a new one with a higher max and added a skill.  I remember because I had the very first POW in 18 when he came out. His overall drop was really bad, they those that kept him he was reboosted all those months later.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    @Houmy correct. Verlander was a POW late in 18 and he went from a 248max as one of the first POWs in 18 to a new one with a higher max and added a skill.  I remember because I had the very first POW in 18 when he came out. His overall drop was really bad, they those that kept him he was reboosted all those months later.
    Thanks for clarifying buddy. Yes the overall max after the boost is gone is really bad later in the season but as you said if they are boosted again then they are great for one week and can help in WOH. Those that have them though should love the non-boosted max as it is probably higher than most of your current players for at least 3 more weeks until we see higher max regular players.

• Options
    even beckham at 290 is higher then most 5s from a pick. So not bad for the first few  weeks like you said.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    even beckham at 290 is higher then most 5s from a pick. So not bad for the first few  weeks like you said.
    Agree, I had Lindor before and his Hit rating isnt that good so happy for the temporary upgrade
  • Options
    FYI to all those new to the VIP program or those that made VIP in the last 4 or 5 months. Early on last year they had a set of questions or surveys in the newsletters from time to time and if you followed the instructions and replied within a certain time period you would get some additional rewards separate from the monthly VIP package. Be on the lookout for it if it happens again and make sure to respond in time. I believe the last one they did was in July or August last year.

• Options
    NAVYDOC07NAVYDOC07 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I loved the VIP gift...got me a new strong player, allowed me to nearly cap my team, and get 2 of my keepers to level 9 and one to level 8...also was able to greatly improve team upgrades.  No complaints  here (first time VIP btw)
  • Options
    @NAVYDOC07 congrats on the VIP and I am glad you liked the gifts. Just a word of caution that I have mentioned before: Don't go overboard maxing your keepers before you have enough to spare for the rest of the squad. It's not an issue in Bronze but would hurt you in Silver and beyond.