Options

WoH for 5-20-19: The Towers at a Crossroad?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
It's been a full week since Glu released the first prime player(Yelich), who's max is a 370. Furthermore, we had a 370 prime player(Meadows) who has stackable skills vs rhp in WoH. Things had been moving at a snails pace in terms of max ratings and then suddenly, Glu decided that enough was enough and released primes with a significantly higher max than keepers. 
In terms of WoH, it will be interesting to see what Glu does. If they keep the current classic and HoF/DTI difficulty as is, those with Meadows will sleep walk through Thor, who'll resemble goldie locks more so than the his god-like namesake. If they make it more difficult, non-Meadows owners will be heard from ear to ear. And not in a kumbaya way. 
As far as rewards, I absolutely love that we continue to get brand new players for WoH. Last year, I felt they made a mistake in making the marquee weekend box player the WoH reward. I realize that guys still bought boxes because they wanted bonus points, but it also discouraged many from otherwise chasing. For example, itt never made sense for me to chase anyone when I knew I'd likely get them from WoH. Personally, I'm really hoping for a righty bat with double vs lhp skills today. I know that goes against this year's pattern, but here's hoping.
Pxp! It was finally made semi-reasonably available last week. And I gotta end it now because rewards were just released!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    Hubba hubba!!!!

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Hey look another first baseman!
  • Options
    Man, the rewards are great. At a glance, 'classic' seems to be the play. Insane xp potential and a crack at Nolan to boot! Guys in my club are absolutely thrilled!
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Man, the rewards are great. At a glance, 'classic' seems to be the play. Insane xp potential and a crack at Nolan to boot! Guys in my club are absolutely thrilled!
    Agree on classic if you are not going to cycle the most difficult level - classic vs. All-star seems an easy choice for me anyway - classic all day long
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Also loving the early release- long may it continue!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Not a fan. Busting your behind, and bank account for most, at HOF for a 50% chance at low amounts of XP.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    *calculates # of cycles needed to cap Arenado*

So what's the play here, guys? They went back to 4 modes instead of 3, which I much preferred. I think I'll see what the difference is in difficulty between Classic and All-Star before I decide where to spend most of my time. That Arenado is pretty sweet, but same as with Meadows, I don't feel quite the same draw to acquiring him like I did Yelich last week (being that he was the first prime at 30 overall better than everyone else... and a lefty). 
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Do we all think classic is the traditional Wednesday WOH tower?? 
  • Options
    Do we all think classic is the traditional Wednesday WOH tower?? 
    Classic should be the same difficulty as before towers.

• Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Ok since my prediction was spot on last week, I predict ill cycle again and get cash.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    Ok since my prediction was spot on last week, I predict ill cycle again and get cash.

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Warmup is Royale WoH minus lvl 5 based Glu's explanation last week.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    *calculates # of cycles needed to cap Arenado*

So what's the play here, guys? I think I'll see what the difference is in difficulty between Classic and All-Star before I decide where to spend most of my time. That Arenado is pretty sweet, but same as with Meadows, I don't feel quite the same draw to acquiring him like I did Yelich last week (being that he was the first prime at 30 overall better than everyone else... and a lefty). 

If classic stays as is, that seems to be the most optimal play. I really need pxp so the guaranteed 5k pxp from DTI is valuable for me. My plan is to start out in classic, take Santana to g1. Maybe get another cycle in at classic, then start on DTI because my live boost will be on by then. As much as I need Nolan, I won't be able to cap him so I'll leave him at b1 until I rack up more pxp. By the time I get enough pxp, it should be the weekend and I'll be able to compare him to the weekend box players. 
  • Options
    DFBB said:

If classic stays as is, that seems to be the most optimal play. I really need pxp so the guaranteed 5k pxp from DTI is valuable for me. My plan is to start out in classic, take Santana to g1. Maybe get another cycle in at classic, then start on DTI because my live boost will be on by then. As much as I need Nolan, I won't be able to cap him so I'll leave him at b1 until I rack up more pxp. By the time I get enough pxp, it should be the weekend and I'll be able to compare him to the weekend box players. 

Yep, this seems about as optimal of an approach as one can get here.

I have to wonder how much easier DTI will be today since I've added Yelich and Meadows (I figured out a way to cap both, don't ask, it involved spending nearly all of my 51k gold that I'd saved up though LOL) along with a couple of other minor improvements to the WOH lineup here. 

I'll get live boost after an hour or so (switching to TOR) which will give me time to get through classic a couple of times. Then, I think I am going to head straight for DTI while the boost is on and time myself there. If I can do it in an hour or less, I will probably just do that all dang day. An hour or a little more could be reasonable if Meadows is destroying Thor over and over?
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Kinda wish we could tell what Max Santana is...
  • Options
    DFBB said:

As much as I need Nolan, 
    Keep in mind his speed. Another thing I am not a fan of recently is these high speeds that make the players less effective for WOH.

• Options
    89 is a 325 max.

• Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m looking at starting in classic, snagging Santana (I don’t need a 1st baseman but he’ll be a decent WoH bat for me for depth) then switching to Toronto for live boost and begin working DTI for club points/better chance at Arenado (I do need a 3B).
  • Options
    Albies was 325 last week so probably the same.
  • Options
    I’m looking at starting in classic, snagging Santana (I don’t need a 1st baseman but he’ll be a decent WoH bat for me for depth) then switching to Toronto for live boost and begin working DTI for club points/better chance at Arenado (I do need a 3B).

This is exactly my plan. If I am able to finish DTI in roughly 1 hour or even a little more, I'll just switch for live boost all day. I'm thinking TOR at 1207, OAK at 510 and then SF at 845.
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY If our Meadows loses to Thor even once? I say we request a refund! LOL
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    If you don’t need Santana and are going to trade him in at the end of the day.  Is it still beneficial to bring him to G1 after getting him, if you are going to cycle 8-10 times?  That way you can get the higher xp for the trade ins?  Or not waste xp?
  • Options
    If you don’t need Santana and are going to trade him in at the end of the day.  Is it still beneficial to bring him to G1 after getting him, if you are going to cycle 8-10 times?  That way you can get the higher xp for the trade ins?  Or not waste xp?
    Yes. I don't need Santana(ML is a 1b), but I will take him to g1. The xp gained in gold is huge!
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

As much as I need Nolan, 
    Keep in mind his speed. Another thing I am not a fan of recently is these high speeds that make the players less effective for WOH.

I think with these 370 guys released, the only way to keep them somewhat towards the pack is the high speed.  Otherwise they are even more powerful obviously then they already are.   Meadows is the same way
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

This is exactly my plan. If I am able to finish DTI in roughly 1 hour or even a little more, I'll just switch for live boost all day. I'm thinking TOR at 1207, OAK at 510 and then SF at 845.
    Or you could do Mariners at 7:05 so you get the boost again on Wednesday at 1:05 and hope for extra innings tonight or maybe a bug with extended boost. Come to think of it I find it interesting that the bugs never work in our favor such as live boost going on for an hour or two before they fix it. Drafted players disappearing from your roster or inability to log in happens a lot but hardly nothing that would benefit us. 

#glitchgate anyone?

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Yes. I don't need Santana(ML is a 1b), but I will take him to g1. The xp gained in gold is huge!

I keep reading that xp at Gold is better, but I'm not understanding how -- aren't WOH rewards the same regardless of your level?  What am I missing?
  • Options
    Boost always seems to be 3 hours and that's that, extras or not, rain delay...doesn't matter. Whoever designated 3 hours the cutoff obviously never watched a Red Sox/Yankees game.
  • Options
    Of course the Royals are off again today. looks like im changing to the Red Sox at 12:07 cst. Live boost time.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Houmy said:
    Or you could do Mariners at 7:05 so you get the boost again on Wednesday at 1:05 and hope for extra innings tonight or maybe a bug with extended boost. Come to think of it I find it interesting that the bugs never work in our favor such as live boost going on for an hour or two before they fix it. Drafted players disappearing from your roster or inability to log in happens a lot but hardly nothing that would benefit us. 

#glitchgate anyone?

Oh yeah! Like, you used to be able to just exit out of the video in achievements and still get credit for watching it. They made sure to fix that, you know, but the drafting a 10% specialty starting pitcher and having them disappear... apparently there's no rush to resolve that one.