Options

WoH for 5-20-19: The Towers at a Crossroad?

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    added to your total, about 10k total. 3k you get for beating it, plus about 7 for him.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Anybody else struggling? I normally cycle the classic mode with absolute ease, yet today, I haven’t even beaten level 4 yet. 
  • Options
    I’m not gonna act like my team is ALL POWERFUL but I should definitely not be struggling on Classic mode. 
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Yes I found classic much harder today.  Plus the fact that it crashed after I cycled.  Glu customer support is MIA so I had to do it again which wasted a lot more time.
  • Options
    The first time I attempted level 4, I autoplayed the first 4, then manually beat everyone up until Lester at the end. Lost to him, watched an Ad for the replay, lost again, and now I can’t even make it past the 5th guy. I’ve been stuck for an hour and a half now. 
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Yes, i usually cycle a few times in classic, been stuck in 4 all day
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Got 2 cycles on classic but harder than it was last week. Needed some patience with Mr Lester! Gonna wait for the live boost to kick in later and it will give me a good gauge of how valuable it is. Might start switching teams on Mondays to get it longer if it makes a big difference for me
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    benny100 said:
    Got 2 cycles on classic but harder than it was last week. Needed some patience with Mr Lester! Gonna wait for the live boost to kick in later and it will give me a good gauge of how valuable it is. Might start switching teams on Mondays to get it longer if it makes a big difference for me
    I started switching teams on mondays and Wednesdays and it makes a huge difference for me. I just fly though with the live boost. No gold needed. 150 is worth it 

edit: should say fly through classic  on Mondays 
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Shoot still stuck on 3 with a 60k team. 
    Keep seeing fielders “transport” into position to catch balls. Pitchers throwing 9 straight curves.
    Yeah, not fun. 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Pays to be 5th today lol....... an extra zero on the gold me thinks
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Second cycle must easier than the first.  Still no help from Glu cs on the oops we need to restart after my cycle.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I just spent 3K gold in restarts against Thor at 6.10 and couldn’t do it. I’m on live boost time and got passed him no problem last week and my team is stronger now than it was last week.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Had the ultimate challenge today, beat DTI without using gold for boosts, came close finally broke down and used the 80 gold boost on 6-9, 6-10...for a grand total of 160 gold spent
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I just spent 3K gold in restarts against Thor at 6.10 and couldn’t do it. I’m on live boost time and got passed him no problem last week and my team is stronger now than it was last week.
    This is the backlash for player ratings going up.   Keepers, ML, average box player strengths, introduction of prime players....gives a false sense that you have become “stronger” while in fact the game’s difficulty gets dialed up at the same time higher level strengths are introduced..............meaning you need the new higher strength players just to keep pace, not move forward.  
  • Options
    Just got passed 6.10. Already had Santana from beating classic and got 1K PXP from the box. Don’t know if I even want to try it again tonight.
  • Options
    Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I’m not gonna act like my team is ALL POWERFUL but I should definitely not be struggling on Classic mode. 
    It’s not any better in platinum I’ve been stuck on classic 4.10 for over an hour now
  • Options
    Linco32 said:
    It’s not any better in platinum I’ve been stuck on classic 4.10 for over an hour now
    Man.... I feel sorry for you.. I don’t feel as bad about my misfortune now haha. Keep pushing. I finally cleared it and level 5 was as easy as it’s been for me. I have no idea why Glu wanted me to struggle so much on Level 4 this week. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m in one of those not so fun spots with my team right now, it laughs at classic, the rewards for all Star isn’t really enough to spend time in it but  don’t try it wasn’t too nice to me.  Got to 5.10 on 3 occasions but the first time I picked the wrong guy for 5.9 so had to use an not so optimal option and just couldn’t push through, and didn’t get the hit I needed the other times.  I’m going to have to bring more gold which means slogging through more videos.  On the bright side got ML capped in gold today so it’s slowly getting better but missing out on these first few primes just puts me a bit behind where I want to be.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Was so relieved to get Arenado after striking out twice on the Prime Yelich box last week.  

Even though it worked out today I'm just not crazy about the coin flip format on the DTI big prize.  WOH is frustrating enough as it is, to grind for 6 extremely difficult levels and lose the coin flip is incredibly demoralizing.  I'm not sure that's the experience that they should want half of their hardcore base to feel every Monday.  
  • Options
    sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I really enjoyed WOH this week. It was challenging but worth the time today. I cycled through Classic a few times, getting everything except Arenado.  I still struggle with DTI but I like the challenge. Overall I liked the layout this week and I hope they keep it. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I finished with five DTI cycles, but Nolan didn't show his face until the fourth cycle. Needless to say, I was a tad scared because I totally need him. Just need some pxp now. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I’ve cycled DTI the passed 2 Monday’s but struck out both times with the box. At least last week winning 6.10 guaranteed a 340 overall player. Today the 6.10 guaranteed guy was the same as winning classic mode. That means putting in all that time, money, and effort for a 50% box. I hope they change it next week to actually reward those that can cycle DTI.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    This is the backlash for player ratings going up.   Keepers, ML, average box player strengths, introduction of prime players....gives a false sense that you have become “stronger” while in fact the game’s difficulty gets dialed up at the same time higher level strengths are introduced..............meaning you need the new higher strength players just to keep pace, not move forward.  

I actually thought the difficulty would get cranked up today. Instead, we had the same DTI we've had since it's inception three weeks ago and classic is basically the same as it was when '19 went live.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    The box is still off for me. 700 for garaunteed 3.5 star is lame. Too many bonus players in the mix. Cycled dti and pulled Arenado. Sad thing is is that santana and Arenado probably won't be point players tomorrow even though you had to ball out to get them. This pay to win scheme is a real gut punch 
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Here are a couple of my thoughts regarding WOH. Cycling DTI tower at silver is definitely possible, but it's a grind. Even with a great team (keeper Mantle as my right closer and keeper Cain as my lefty), it's still a struggle to get through the gauntlet of 5.6-5.8 (Hand, Strop, Jeffries) only to be rewarded with Thor and snell at 5.9 and 5.10. I was struggling to get through lvl5 more so than lvl 6. Only had time to cycle once, luckily landed Nolan after a few gold retries on 6.10 thor...

I say if you are lucky enough to get the bonus player in the DTI, switch over to classic and rack up bxp. Takes too long to cycle DTI in silver imo..
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Another WOH, another failure. 
    Stuck at 5-6 for the last three hours in Classic. 
    Maybe time to spend my time elsewhere. 
  • Options
    Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    edited May 2019
    likenight said:
    Another WOH, another failure. 
    Stuck at 5-6 for the last three hours in Classic. 
    Maybe time to spend my time elsewhere. 
    Could be worse... could have spent 20k gold on DTI and got 1k Pxp. Never doing that again haha
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I struggled badly in DTI only getting to 5.10, after winning it the week before though I had a treasure chest of gold then as well.  I’m blessed with enough lefties and switch hitters to always have platoon advantage but missing too many hitable pitches.  I don’t know how many balls I just got under it to hit a loud out.  8 cycles in classic though so took home quite a lot of exp, capped ML and capped Santana with 8% to his skill too and still had almost 60k exp left all told.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019
    benny100 said:
    I couldn't cycle classic within first hour without live boost but was able to get 3 once it kicked in from Jays/Sox game. I didn't use any gold all day but hemorrhaged cash in certain spots again like last week at the beginning of event. Getting stopped by usual suspects eventually turned into easy rounds causing me pain. It was a vicious cycle. Check please!

Evening cycles without live boost were a breeze. It could be state of mind or momentum had swung in my favor. At the start of the event there's an urgency to get the first cycle out of the way to see what sort of time is required to meet expectations. Once I get over that hump the anxiety seems to disappear and I just walk through levels. Or the game gets easier in the evening...who knows.

Made back all my cash in evening that I had lost in afternoon and came away with over 60k xp after draft picks too. No Arenado though (0/5) though I only accrued 500 pxp anyway. Meadows was a beast even at S7 and I am really going to miss Springer PoTW losing boost and Alonso & Bellinger PoTM. Lester, Manea, Fried and Bumgarner didn't stand a chance. I also think this was the first week I beat Triggs every round.
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Overall I was very happy with WOH yesterday. Didn't pull Arenado but its fine since I cant level him up anyway. I cycled all star for the first time and cycled classic 4 times. Spent less than 600 gold to cycle 5 times. Piled up cash and XP was able to level up a bunch of player skills and upgrades along the way. Cannot complain one bit.
    Need more Living Legends!