Options

Remove Sluggers—Replace with Slugfest Skill

ProfNinjaDaddyProfNinjaDaddy Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
edited May 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Similar to your created legend, each player on your roster should have an attached “Slugging” rating. Then instead of having to draft a completely different roster of players for a single event, you can draft players that can be used in all events but have a skill attached to them, similar to the WoH, CvC, Bonus Games, etc. skill that boost for that particular event. Agree? Disagree?

Comments

• Options
    This transition could even be done during this season’s app. For all Sluggers that are currently rostered, credit (gift) each team with the 5k XP for each rostered slugger (usually 12) - or 60k XP along with 2k gold and 100 evo for leveling cost/purchase “refund”. Then with the next update, include a “Slugging” rating for all existing players.
  • Options
    Those of you who are gold level or higher, would this increase your interest in playing Slugfest on a more regular basis? Please comment and explain why. Also, explain why you currently do not (or do) play slugfest at your current level.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @ProfNinjaDaddy, I like it! I'm gold and if SF had better rewards, I'd play. As is, WoH is considerably better for rewards so that's where I spend all my time during Royale days. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    GildrakGildrak Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    I like this. I usually don’t keep going with the sluggers after silver due to the sheer resource cost of maintaining a whole second roster. It is hard to justify spending all that gold, xp and evo for a mode that is only a 20% part of one event a week 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I like the idea but then it means you would not buy slugger draft picks and we all know how much GLU loves getting us buying boxes. They would also need to adjust the leveling up costs as sluggers cost more to upgrade but if they just add a slugger skill (#skillsgate) then that would take care of that.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019
    At silver I still cycle slugfest as I use homerun battles to build up cash reserve during the events I don't play/have no bonus player for. Last couple weeks have been only single cycles due to seemingly increased difficulty and cash cost from autoplay but I probably will move on soon for all the reasons outlined already, unless pxp is included as a reward.

I think sluggers and slugfest would disappear altogether before a change like this were ever made to be honest. Notice the 10x cost for ML? Would we now incur that same cost for every player as they are now "2-way" like our legends?
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    @Houmy in the past season or two was Prime XP offered as a reward for Slugfest?  If they had PXP as a reward before WOH, this would make a few of us concentrate on it on Wednesday.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    It is in 18 currently starting at level 2.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I am really thinking about drafting 8 or 9 of the 4k slugger picks and trading in all my S10 sluggers for XP. Not sure what their trade in value is but I keep waiting for the PXP in the slug tower and its not happening.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I am really thinking about drafting 8 or 9 of the 4k slugger picks and trading in all my S10 sluggers for XP. Not sure what their trade in value is but I keep waiting for the PXP in the slug tower and its not happening.
    I did this last year and did it this year when I went gold. Sure I might regret it, but since diamond is my goal and I know I’m dumping them anyways I did it and am done. Wednesday is for walk-off and I get a lot more resources from walk-off than I did derby. 

“But what about the prime XP when it comes?  Won’t you miss that”. Honestly yes and no. I plan on having high end blue XP players mostly, not primes. Sure the prime XP is nice (18,500 if you cleared level 5 last year with the smaller amounts for levels 2-4), but that becomes a 1 and done there as I would stop after level 5. I’d rather have a 340 blue XP guy I can cap as opposed to a 370 prime I can’t. 
  • Options
    I wish we had this thread a few days ago... I put my resources from multi-cycling yesterday into bringing my top Sluggers to Gold10.  Oops.  Hopefully they reward me with Prime XP in tomorrow's Slugfest but I'm not holding my breath.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I wish we had this thread a few days ago... I put my resources from multi-cycling yesterday into bringing my top Sluggers to Gold10.  Oops.  Hopefully they reward me with Prime XP in tomorrow's Slugfest but I'm not holding my breath.  
    There is nothing wrong with investing in your sluggers. Last year I did in gold and still enjoyed it. What happened with me last year was I wanted a “day off” in our competitive club, so that is when I dumped my sluggers to have Wednesday off. Then royale started........
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I did this last year and did it this year when I went gold. Sure I might regret it, but since diamond is my goal and I know I’m dumping them anyways I did it and am done. Wednesday is for walk-off and I get a lot more resources from walk-off than I did derby. 

“But what about the prime XP when it comes?  Won’t you miss that”. Honestly yes and no. I plan on having high end blue XP players mostly, not primes. Sure the prime XP is nice (18,500 if you cleared level 5 last year with the smaller amounts for levels 2-4), but that becomes a 1 and done there as I would stop after level 5. I’d rather have a 340 blue XP guy I can cap as opposed to a 370 prime I can’t. 
    I've maintained that when PXP gets added to derby, then its also coming to WOH.  I'd be stunned if it was only offered in derby just because of the way some of the big spenders play this game which includes ignoring slugfest.  I could easily be wrong but it would just suprise me.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Who gets pxp first. SF or classic woh? 🤔
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @Houmy in the past season or two was Prime XP offered as a reward for Slugfest?  If they had PXP as a reward before WOH, this would make a few of us concentrate on it on Wednesday.
    Yes. They will take out the EVO and give out PXP instead once prime sluggers are offered as prizes and add a 6th level but difficulty should not go up as much. One of the easiest ways of building PXP if you cycle at least 5 times. I was never short on PXP in 18 thanks to SF.

• Options
    Houmy said:
    Yes. They will take out the EVO and give out PXP instead once prime sluggers are offered as prizes and add a 6th level but difficulty should not go up as much. One of the easiest ways of building PXP if you cycle at least 5 times. I was never short on PXP in 18 thanks to SF.
    Did you also max your Prime XP sluggers once awarded for cycling? They have to offer a good amount of Pxp for that to be worth it.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Does that mean Evo will strictly come from winning season mode and leveling up your club? 
  • Options
    Does that mean Evo will strictly come from winning season mode and leveling up your club? 
    Pretty much unless they make changes to SF or other events.

• Options
    Did you also max your Prime XP sluggers once awarded for cycling? They have to offer a good amount of Pxp for that to be worth it.

In silver yes. When I went gold then just top 4 and left the rest at S10. 18.5K PXP per cycle does add up and when I went gold last year I had enough to cap 9 regular roster prime players as well as 4 prime sluggers and still had 200K PXP left over. So as stated I was never short on PXP and that was all thanks to SF as that was before the secondary PXP/LXP WOH boxes. I actually made a post on the 18 forum about my going gold experience and how much I had saved up. Link is below if you want to get more details on it.

Going to Gold from Silver - My personal experiences

• Options
    Houmy said:

In silver yes. When I went gold then just top 4 and left the rest at S10. 18.5K PXP per cycle does add up and when I went gold last year I had enough to cap 9 regular roster prime players as well as 4 prime sluggers and still had 200K PXP left over. So as stated I was never short on PXP and that was all thanks to SF as that was before the secondary PXP/LXP WOH boxes. I actually made a post on the 18 forum about my going gold experience and how much I had saved up. Link is below if you want to get more details on it.

Going to Gold from Silver - My personal experiences

Thank you great info.  A prime XP Slugger takes about 76k of PXP to get him to G10.  Even at 18.5K per cycle, that's four cycles to get your Prime Slugger to G10 (which seems like a lot).  But it looks like it was extremely beneficial for you.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    @midgetmullet I capped the new sluggers to G5 and multi cycled the rest of the way to save on XP. Also stopped playing the day Legend sluggers and 7th level were added as I wasn't going to spend LXP on sluggers in gold. The days I played after that I would just do enough levels to get the PXP one round.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I found I could get the 15k with just the crappy sluggers from draft picks last year so I was doing that every week too. Just couldn’t cycle it because I missed out on prime sluggers 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I think Home Run Battles are a light, low-risk and fun way to play the game. It would be better if you just used your own guys. I understand it's also a way to play the game differently so it makes sense to do that with different players but it's not worth the time or resources to build it up. The cost is way too extreme for such a low every day payout. I enjoy playing it though. I just play and win a few, tank with one of the scrawny 2Bs I got on the original squad, and play again with my good hitters. Not sure why they can't have tournaments for that available whenever you want to play.