• Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Hoping by ASG to be through level 6
  • Options
    I’ve been hearing that WOH in Diamond is the same as in Platinum. If that’s the case, I’ll be right behind you. I’ve got 5 batters at Platinum 10, including today’s Meadows to go against the top RHP and Torres to go against the top LHP. 
  • Options
    Meadows, Hoskins, Torres, and I brought POTM Devers with me to platinum too. Don't ignore pitching though.
  • Options
    I only have one maxed pitcher. I haven’t been lucky pulling pitchers over the past 2 months.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’ve been hearing that WOH in Diamond is the same as in Platinum. If that’s the case, I’ll be right behind you. I’ve got 5 batters at Platinum 10, including today’s Meadows to go against the top RHP and Torres to go against the top LHP. 
    All you got to do is look at the pitchers. They have all been level 1 so far, last Wednesday included. But today’s classic tower had no pitchers above 4-stars, which means platinum 1 was the highest. 

Last wednesday had the last 5 as former bonus players, which were of course all higher end 5-star pitchers. 
  • Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Took the plunge yesterday as well, I’m hoping Wednesday isn’t the “hard” mode again.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I was able to beat classic in WOH but All-Star was a hard no. Im building resources though and will keep pushing.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I question why all star even exists.  I don’t see any point playing it other than one more points scoring outlet.  
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    I question why all star even exists.  I don’t see any point playing it other than one more points scoring outlet.  
    All-star should have a different player than classic
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, the reward difference is negligible.  Same guaranteed player, slightly better odds in the box, only a little more cash/xp.  Seems redundant.  The only reason I do it at all is for club bonus points.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    They need to make the prime player in the box a higher percentage.  Like maybe 15% or something.  The difference between 2 and 6 percent isnt enough of a difference to offset the increased difficulty
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    How many bonus game wins does it take to power through Plat levels? I'm banking the crap out of them atm.
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    1300 games 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    For you diamond guys-

How much do you have to level up those prime hitters to get reasonable performance from them? Over the weekend I had Bell at Gold 4 and he was hitting about .320 so I that might be about the minimum where you want to be?
  • Options
    rmouse511 said:
    1300 games 
    Thanks. I'm over 800 saved now sitting on G6 playoffs. Think I'll cap all team upgrades and get 1K tickets then try to blitz Plat asap.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    For you diamond guys-

How much do you have to level up those prime hitters to get reasonable performance from them? Over the weekend I had Bell at Gold 4 and he was hitting about .320 so I that might be about the minimum where you want to be?
    Personally I ignore them until I feel like they will be on my team for a while and I can level them.   I finally splurged the pxp I had been hoarding and got Bell to D7 with the discount.  I did get a duplicate pull which helped.
  • Options
    Personally I ignore them until I feel like they will be on my team for a while and I can level them.   I finally splurged the pxp I had been hoarding and got Bell to D7 with the discount.  I did get a duplicate pull which helped.

I have Bell at d5 myself and currently looking for an excuse not to level up Rendon and Soto so I can apply all PXP to Bell. I think I had Ohtani at about a 177 rating last week and he was batting .250 (but can't recall where 177 was, if it was high silver or low gold, etc.)
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I have Bell at d5 myself and currently looking for an excuse not to level up Rendon and Soto so I can apply all PXP to Bell. I think I had Ohtani at about a 177 rating last week and he was batting .250 (but can't recall where 177 was, if it was high silver or low gold, etc.)
    @dfbb would cap him. You should be like him. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Yea until PXP becomes more available, its just not reasonable leveling in diamond.   Rendon looks absolutely amazing and has ideal skills.  That being said need either a weekend discount or the ability to cycle level or its just a non starter.   I decided Bell was worth it because I was able to get him up pretty far with the discount but still so far from getting those last 3 levels needed.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @Mattattack Yeah, I know from 4 to 5 was 57k pxp. That's a ton, given what the current ecosystem is like. I'm guessing it's close to 300-400k more to take him the rest of the way.
  • Options
    Yea last 3 levels are 92500, 110000 and 135000 so I still am looking at 337500 to cap him.   It will be a minute lol
  • Options
    rmouse511 said:
    1300 games 
    Thanks. I'm over 800 saved now sitting on G6 playoffs. Think I'll cap all team upgrades and get 1K tickets then try to blitz Plat asap.
    How much bxp you taking with you?  I’m in the same boat, on the cusp and waiting for a reason.  

Tickets you mean evo?  
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    All-star should have a different player than classic
    I agree with this or with a more significant percentage chance for winning the HOF player.  
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    rmouse511 said:
    1300 games 
    How much bxp you taking with you?  I’m in the same boat, on the cusp and waiting for a reason.  

Tickets you mean evo?  
    Tickets meaning bonus games I believe 
  • Options
    Where are you guys getting all this PXP from???
    Saved for about a month between cvc and other things and bought about 13k gold in pxp improve boxes last weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    bigvivec said:
    rmouse511 said:
    1300 games 

Tickets you mean evo?  
    Tickets = Bonus game tickets
    I'll prolly jump if I have 200K bxp and just struggle my way through for a bit. Instead of leveling everyone I'll just cap one player at a time and only one ace. Leave behind keepers & legend.
    I've got a stockpile of #1 draft picks to open once Glu shifts the ad re-rolls from First Round Picks to #1 Picks. That will give me tons of bxp also.
  • Options
    Haven’t had much time but cleared diamond 1...on to the next. Goal is still ASG to have tier 6 done
  • Options
    Haven’t had much time but cleared diamond 1...on to the next. Goal is still ASG to have tier 6 done
    Did you play WOH today?
  • Options
    @bigvivec yeah cycled