Options

Update Still not Live? Let's Speculate!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
1)Diamond d6 cycles:
***Rumor has it that evo and/or gold will no longer be available for multi cycling the d6 playoffs
I do think Diamond is currently 'too easy.' However, I just can't imagine evo and gold being removed out-right. In particular, there would be a massive backlash if gold was removed. Instead, I can see a scenario where the d6 playoffs are significantly tougher; think seasonals and that would indirectly removed gold for most teams.

2)Field pass:
****I haven't heard anyone talk about field pass. 
Field pass is a new game mode that isn't getting much love. Maybe if we had more of a hint, guys would start talking. Either that or I need more friends. :)

3)More All Star Perks:
****We're currently at 18 levels. I'm going to guess there will be 20 levels.
Does it get any better than skipping 9 rounds and straight to the boss for the reward? Apparently, it may.

4)More skills:
****Many have long speculated that there will be 3 skill players. 
Oh boy. I sure as heck hope 3 skill players don't happen. Like, ever. Yes, there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. That and I've mentally gone on relax mode now that my keepers are capped. On the other side, it will be interesting to see what other skills they can come up with. After seeing them unveil bonus games and tourney skills this year, everything is on the table. How about a skill that turns on when skills are capped? Okay, that's a bit much and kind of confusing. Anyways, moving on....

5)Franchise Coins:
***This is the butt of many jokes and now, we're promised new/more usage for them.
My first thought was that we'd be able to use them for CvC purposes. Possibly even a franchise pitcher? That would be kind of cool. Who knows. Either way, I'm saving my coins moving forward. Well, I guess saving/ignoring is kind of the same. 

6)Pity Timer:
***Finally!
I advocated a ton for this last year. It's a super popular feature in most rng based games and I'm glad to see TSB jump aboard. That said, it's inevitable that CS gets flooded with claims that their pity timer is broken. On a more fun note, I'm super excited for the pity timer. I hope it gets implemented in every box rather than select ones. We'll see, but the idea is fantastic!

7)There will be commas!
***Yup, leaderboards will now have commas. 
This means no more squinting and counting the digits with your fingers. Yay! 

What do you guys think? Any thoughts about the upcoming update? I have no sources, but I'm fairly confident it will drop this week. My wish? Please get android users on equal footing with Ios. The lag is no bueno! :(

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Didn't they say that more details for the update were to come in July? It seems as of they'll push the update until July. 

Edit: At the bottom it says there's so much that they have to save it for next month, which would be July since we received it in June.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    This update sounds exciting for sure. I will be most interested in the rewards for cycling diamond. If it changes there will be plenty of people that won’t level up. Skipping 9 rounds on each level of woh could really help to load up on resources and to cap the reward player extremely quick. Guys would cycle 100 times or more. I also love the pity timer
  • Options
    @BlackFang4 I totally forgot about that. Hmm. I'm still guessing it drops this week. :)
  • Options
    I just wanted to clarify that I don't think anything will change with d6 cycling. If there is a change, however, I think it'll be the d6 playoff difficulty level. Again, I just can't see the gold being removed out-right. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I've heard its suppose to drop this week. But who knows. @DFBB made some great points. The fallout they would face from removing D6 cycling would be horrendous. And this is not knock on the little guys and F2P players by any means. But the big diamond  boys go diamond for this very reason alone, cycle GOAT over and over and dominate. If they remove it 1/3 into the apps season, they will see a huge blow back from the whales in this game. I dont see it happening, maybe they cut it in half instead.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    1) I’m not to Diamond, but the free gold upon cycles is the only thing tempting me to get there.
    2) I’ve got no clue what field pass could be....maybe watch your autoplay?
    3) Does more perks mean more levels, or more perks for current levels?  Are there so many people in the upper level of All-Star that more levels are needed?
    4) Agreed.  3 skills would be expensive.  I didn’t play last year, but were double skills released this early?
    5) I was just hoping more uses meant we could trade them in for something useful.
    6) Happy to have a safety net when I start rage opening boxes
    7) ....not really close enough to the leaderboard most days to notice 🙁
  • Options
    @CanadaCubs I wish it was that easy for me. I've put so much time and effort into my team. I don't think I'd be able to just toss it to the side.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I heard the rumor about D6 also, but thought it was just some Facebook group trolling as per usual.

I think if they are trying to force more spending by removing or cutting D6 rewards they will be in for a surprise. I know that for me- it won’t force me to spend more, it will quite literally force me to quit. There’s no way I can sustain a diamond team without the D6 rewards, and I don’t plan on doubling/tripling my spending to do so. 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I don’t think Glu would remove anything from the game that benefits the players. I cannot think of any update that comes to mind other than a player automatically leveling to your current level(see Tap17) that would hurt the player. Removing Gold or Evo from Diamond severely handicaps players and forces you to spend. From what I’ve seen a lot of big spenders and serious  tappers in the game have made the jump to diamond for the benefits of gold and that illustrious evo at the end. Taking away something like that would cause to much of a commotion.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Taking away something like that would cause to much of a commotion.
    Imagine the outrage if that happens when you consider the outrage of moving a player some already owned from 340 up to 350 and changing the skills was yesterday.  Take yesterday’s outrage and multiply it by infinity and that’s what you would have 
  • Options
    Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    All great points...... I'm just happy about the commas.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    @DFBB and everyone....
    The glaring and most obvious of all of them that we missed

2)Field pass:
    ****I haven't heard anyone talk about field pass. 
    Field pass is a new game mode that isn't getting much love. Maybe if we had more of a hint, guys would start talking. Either that or I need more friends. 

:p 
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Girls PM Me..
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    Girls PM Me..
    Speaking of chicks, it's been my observation that 'girls' get their clubs leveled to plat/diamond much quicker than their male counterparts. I'm just sayin! LOL
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    "Field pass?" I've always wanted to be the bat boy 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Field Pass is the new chat lounge for all the “girls pm me” people. Glu fills the lounge with bots pretending to be females seeking romance. 
    This is the best idea the game has ever had, and the best comment in the history of this forum. 
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I think field pass will be a pay To play subscription for woh/slugfest for off hours...
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    No inside info or anything but seems like alot of the updates recently have come on thursdays
  • Options
    No inside info or anything but seems like alot of the updates recently have come on thursdays
    Gives them time to fix any issues before the weekend 
  • Options
    whammo911 said:
    I think field pass will be a pay To play subscription for woh/slugfest for off hours...
    Dang dude, nice take! Almost as good as the chicks lounge! :) 

Seriously though, I can definitely see that.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Agree on field pass- a new way to generate money is my hunch - some type of subscription seems like a good guess.

I have a simple hope / wish - that the game performance/ lag improves and they don't change so much that it takes a step backwards! But change is inevitable so the sooner the better!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The newest Facebook troll rumor is that with the new update clubs will be required to have a minimum of like 8 or 10 members to be eligible to play Clash / CvC.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    The newest Facebook troll rumor is that with the new update clubs will be required to have a minimum of like 8 or 10 members to be eligible to play Clash / CvC.
    So I need 8-10 devices!
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan Haha! I think what is happening is that some people are sitting around dreaming up various scenarios that would ruin the game for a large chunk of people and then posting that as a "rumor" on the FB group.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Saw that too....so many rumors hahaha.   That one wouldnt be to hard to get around though for those that play solo cvc
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Saw that too....so many rumors hahaha.   That one wouldnt be to hard to get around though for those that play solo cvc
    Right, you just recruit 8 people who will be inactive in a week and then keep them on your club.
  • Options
    It's always the same guy posting the rumors, and to my knowledge he's literally never been right about any of them LOL.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    It's always the same guy posting the rumors, and to my knowledge he's literally never been right about any of them LOL.
    There is a reason I don’t go on Facebook for a lot of things. There is a twitter account I love called “Preds Facebook” where every tweet is a literal copy from the Preds Facebook page and it is always hilarious. 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    When is the update suppose to drop around?
  • Options
    When is the update suppose to drop around?
    Well all we know is that it is between the last update and the one after the next update