Options

Favorite hidden aspect in game

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts

Again, no context necessary.  I still contend that this is one of the best insults I have ever heard.
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    My Keeper Buster Posey is a master of the cricket shot. He's had 3 singles I can remember in woh//cvc on pitches that have bounced. But he's my only player so far to do it.
  • Options
    I had an awesome one-off glitch in 2018 / CVC.
    Hit a deep high fly to RF that obviously was going to be a homer, lost track of the ball, but the rightfielder had a beat on it....he ran thru the outfield fence...into the bullpen and out thru the back of the bullpen. The ball never came down. No homerun was awarded. The screen just stayed focused on the fans above the bullpen - cheering the play. I guess they were in awe of the rightfielder running thru the fence and the bullpen wall. Had to reboot the app to get out of that play. Never ever seen that again.
  • Options
    MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    I love it when the ball smashes off the foul pole, no outfielder in sight, no sign of the ball, then you think the game has froze. 30 seconds later turns out it was a double 
  • Options
    27RINGSNCOUNTING27RINGSNCOUNTING Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Probably the collect an achievement but unless I’ve missed it not knowing which achievement 😂
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @DFBB I've hit a couple that were to left-center or center where the fielder went to the wall put glove up but the ball just carried and carried and it was a homerun, no animation. My favorite though is with the animation, opposite field from a righty that travels exactly 351 feet over that giant wall that only the batter knows is gone.
    I had Joey Wendel when I first started, and he'd hit routine fly balls to right that got caught in the jet stream or something. Happened constantly in woh. It took like six seconds for it to leave the park. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    There is also the player scoring animation that reveals how much of a fan devs are of David Bowie's codpiece in Labyrinth *cough*
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Ooooh man, had one I never saw or heard of today on 4.9. Pence with a double off blue wall and fielder is in normal eff it trot but then speeds up like crazy. Gets there as the ball is hitting wall on one hop but turns around and puts hands up like he’s catching a flyball though he’s got his back to wall. Ball lands in his glove and bloop!....another fielder is magically cloned and appears running and stops just before the wall. I guffawed. Wish I had recorded it..
  • Options
    Forgot this one - it has happened a couple of times....
    Head to head play. Hit a ball into left field, runner from second heads home to score. The pitcher comes into the screen and stops right on the third base line. As the throw comes in from the outfield, the runner slides - going right through the pitchers legs and slides into home to beat the throw. Cracks me up everytime it happens.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I also kind of miss when the pitcher would have the ball then suddenly it would be rolling around the mound as the game pressed on.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I haven’t seen anyone mention this one yet during WOH

you have a runner on 3rd and hit a long foul ball.  When it comes back it shows that the runner scored right as the pitch is being thrown. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I enjoy the ghost shortstop and 2B. Hands down to the side, no movement. Just... Floats across the screen 👻 not a big fan of the outfielders with turbos stuck up their rear end as they Superman sprints 100m in an instant as @CanadaCubs mentioned. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Nobody has mentioned yet how when you hit a rocket to the gap and the corner outfielder is already there standing flat footed on the warning track to grab the can-o-corn.
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    The ground rule double when you expect a pop out is a pleasant surprise
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The ground rule double when you expect a pop out is a pleasant surprise
    Yeah, how in that scenario, they are walking slowly to catch the ball, while in other cases they move like Carl Lewis on PEDs.