Options

$5 All-Stars

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
edited July 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Which do you think is the safer bet to pan out, Blackmon or Brantley?  I could use another lefty bat, but C, 3B, and OF are the only positions that make sense for me.

Edit:. I would jump on this Vladdy, since I can't seem to get the derby version, but with woh so loaded with rhp, a lefty makes more sense.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Honestly I would pick the one that has the best chance to meet the success state to go 390 instead of staying 320.

Blackmon  117/108/67
    Brantley 115/109/71
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    KeytonicKeytonic Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    I think Blackmon could get it
  • Options
    I am going to get one of them, but probably just one.  I am leaning toward Blackmon, but I can't decide.
  • Options
    @Tdub71   sure your not a woman.  make a decision    just kidding.. I would go Blackmon as well

• Options
    BIGBOBBY92BIGBOBBY92 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    For 5 dollars the players aren't a bad pick and if your team has a hole like mine does at catcher even if Gary Sanchez doesn't make his goal I still had a 5 star max 320 to replace my 4.5 star J.T. Realmuto max 268 I have had forever so it's a good bet for me. I also picked up Blackmon because the dude was been hotter than the sun the last couple weeks and I believe he will hit a dinger tonight.

Also my love for Gary Sanchez will make me purchase any of his cards no matter the bet.
    https://discord.gg/E2zHYq Tap Sports Baseball Discord I help run
  • Options
    My weakest link is 340 max Buxton with woh and risp skills.  But I need another lefty with useful woh skills.  I have 350 maxes at C and 3B, but 380+ everywhere else, and all capped.

The issue is lack of pxp to level.  Only 2500 right now, so he would probably hang in inactives for a while, even if he does go to 390.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Anyone thinks Freeman could make it? 1B is my weakest position right now with the 350 Santana from yesterday's WOH. Even if he makes it, does it make sense to invest the $4.99 and then 30k+ pxp to take him to silver 10 just to replace my 350 with a 390? Not convinced there. 
  • Options
    If you have the resources to level him, I would.  Good overall upgrade with useful skills.  Santana is not bad though.
  • Options
    I am looking at Gallo, too.  3B, lefty, double risp...  Arrgh... What do you guys think his chances are?  He would replace 350 max Suarez with risp/lhp skills.
  • Options
    @Tdub71
    I would like you to just put up points for events...…. 
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Tdub71
    I would like you to just put up points for events...…. 
    Dang!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    @navyjack77, I know, right?  Sassy.  Jk.  Love ya, buddy. @bayoubengal
  • Options
    I have a dilemma.  I have Greinke, Bell, and Joc at b1, and Santana at g10.  Resources are low, so should I level up any of them?

I really want to help the club, but I don't want to cripple myself later...
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I have a dilemma.  I have Greinke, Bell, and Joc at b1, and Santana at g10.  Resources are low, so should I level up any of them?

I really want to help the club, but I don't want to cripple myself later...
    Greinke at bronze 10 is putting up 5-800k per game for me. 2x diamond multiplier helps, but it’s a decent return in not a lot of pxp. 
  • Options
    Bernardo22Bernardo22 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Wish they weren’t prime. All my pxp is going to other primes. Wish they’d make it a 380 or even 370 Mac with bxp 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I am looking at Gallo, too.  3B, lefty, double risp...  Arrgh... What do you guys think his chances are?  He would replace 350 max Suarez with risp/lhp skills.
    Of course you go Gallo!  That's who I wanna pick too.  He's gonna hit a 700ft homerun... GUARANTEED!!!(not an actual guarantee.)
    Just no.  
  • Options
    I swore I would not buy any player in specials until maxes were over 400, but I broke down and got Gallo.  Worth a shot for $5, I guess.
  • Options
    @Tdub71 That's awesome.  Hope he comes off the bench and gets you that extra base hit.  I just want lots of Rangers on my team, and I only have my keeper Odor and PotW Gallo.  Tried for Pence, but they said no soup for you!
    Just no.  
  • Options
    I love Pence.  He is my lefty-killer, for sure.  Now I just need a lefty bat for the last few woh levels, and I can probably make a run at Hof.  I still haven't cleared level 4, yet.
  • Options
    Nice!  I have beat the first level of HoF, but just for club points lol.  One day I'll have a nice team and maybe an actual prime hitter and can take a run at it.  For now, I'm just happy I beat classic for the first time yesterday.  Gret times for me.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Nice!  I have beat the first level of HoF, but just for club points lol.  One day I'll have a nice team and maybe an actual prime hitter and can take a run at it.  For now, I'm just happy I beat classic for the first time yesterday.  Gret times for me.
    Congrats. Learning how to do it and what it takes can be harder than actually doing it. You should be able to do it weekly now 
  • Options
    @2003cobra is absolutely right on that.  I didn't get my first cycle in 18 until right after Christmas.  Then I never DIDN'T cycle every time until 19 dropped.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    For 5 dollars the players aren't a bad pick and if your team has a hole like mine does at catcher even if Gary Sanchez doesn't make his goal I still had a 5 star max 320 to replace my 4.5 star J.T. Realmuto max 268 I have had forever so it's a good bet for me. I also picked up Blackmon because the dude was been hotter than the sun the last couple weeks and I believe he will hit a dinger tonight.

Also my love for Gary Sanchez will make me purchase any of his cards no matter the bet.
    Kraken just got a double!!!! Prime Sanchez will be a monster with that low speed.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    The Sanchize delivers!  Well worth the investment.  
  • Options
    Dammit!  I knew I should have pulled the trigger on Blackmon...
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @Tdub71 I'm starting to feel like you have every player the game has to offer 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Nah.  Just the ones you seem to want.  I felt like that early in the season when I chased Beast box Syndergaard all weekend, and it felt like everyone BUT me pulled him...
  • Options
    I’m feeling pretty good about buying Sanchez and Gallo right now 😂
  • Options
    Yay! Joey Gallo!  $5 well spent (for a change).
  • Options
    Only other player I bought was Lindor just bc it was worth a shot for a SS.