Options

Thoughts on the box: 7/17/19

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
Its very tempting to buy a few w/ that PXP and good players... I could use a starter, idk if it’s worth spending the prime on Alonso tho
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It’s 900 gold for a 15% chance at a player. Box last week was 700 for 20% chance at a player. Talk about inflation.
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    But when you add the chances for pxp to the prime II box that is there. The rate is better for the 900 box with a chance of a prime 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    The thing is though that the boxes are really for you to get bonus players to help your club. Plenty of other ways to get pxp. No other way to get the players for today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Not interested, looks like I'll be saving gold all over the place today. More for the weekend I guess.
  • Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Where did all of the other bonus players come from?
    probably gonna be a fan rewards at 1est
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    What is this garbage skill on Alonso?  Runner on 1st?  How is that worth leveling at all?
  • Options
    Hm...maybe I’ll save my gold then, but it looks to be worth it
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    will that skill only be active with a runner in 1B and nobody else on base or does it also works with bases loaded and such (technically that includes a runner on 1B)?
  • Options
    I think I’ll buy up to 2500, so 3 boxes I think it’s worth the pxp and hopefully the oitch
  • Options
    titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    will that skill only be active with a runner in 1B and nobody else on base or does it also works with bases loaded and such (technically that includes a runner on 1B)?
    I just pulled him and the skill is "Runners On", my interpretation of it is that as long as there is at least one runner on base, the skill is active.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    box is expensive but the pxp in there is nice.  Im hoping that is the cvc box tommorrow
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I just pulled him and the skill is "Runners On", my interpretation of it is that as long as there is at least one runner on base, the skill is active.
    if that is the case seems like a nice skill to have
    Almost always active in WOH versus any pitcher (more than any other skill except WOH and late inning); almost always active in CVC vs any pitcher (more than any other skill); almost always active in prime/bonus/season games.

Pretty good actually.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    box is expensive but the pxp in there is nice.  Im hoping that is the cvc box tommorrow
    Looks likely with the expiry time
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts

First draw 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Tdub71 said:
    What is this garbage skill on Alonso?  Runner on 1st?  How is that worth leveling at all?
    He's a practice squad prime player. 

Edit: didn't understand the runners on thing. 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    I'd buy a box, but glu won't let me have any prime hitters, so I'm just guaranteed pxp or Shane "Justin" Bieber.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Speaking of box odds, I just opened 28 tournament boxes and only 2 of them were bonus games, which are supposed to be 56% odds or something like that....
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Speaking of box odds, I just opened 28 tournament boxes and only 2 of them were bonus games, which are supposed to be 56% odds or something like that....
    But 10 franchise coins will now buy you an entry for extra bases!
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Love the box...one box opened:

• Options
    Who disagreed on my post😂😂 I’m seeing people have success and I could use the pitcher 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    So I decided to open 3 boxes so I could get the 3 from fan rewards, and what do ya know!!.. another prime pitcher!.. but then from the fan rewards boxes they gave me Alonso, so I now have 3 prime pitchers and finally a prime batter.  Drinks on me!! ::cough:: for the next 13 seconds ::cough::
    Just no.  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I love the box. The pxp potential is real nice and I'm really hoping it's part of the CvC rewards tomorrow.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    At 900 gold I'm wondering if it will be just one box as the reward for diamond and plat
  • Options
    @benny100 It just popped as one box. Hopefully, it changes.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I got 3 boxes from fan rewards at diamond. Opened 5 boxes and all pxp. I think was the better reward than a player that I can’t level up
  • Options
    sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    I pulled both doing the same thing as @FrankTheTank04, super excited and got Alonso up as far as I could and still working on bieber
  • Options
    I’m going in! Buying three boxes!
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited July 2019
    So i figured I'd ask here, because I didn't want to make another random "team help" post. In the pas several days I pulled Prime Encarnacion (390) Prime Mazara (400) and today Prime Alonso (400), but I already have Prime Meadows and Lemahieu maxed at G10 Skills at 9.

Is it worth even the thought of leveling one of the three new guys (i don't think it is). Wanted some solid advice. Thanks!

Edit: with the new season rewards I feel it will be easier to max Mazara sooner than later. Hes silver 5
  • Options
    @slafrance2 I would focus exclusively on Mazara. He's head and shoulders better than the prime meadows.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @DFBB Thank you sir!