Options

WOH Royale

124Next

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @retirepujols i'm being dead serious when I say that the android lag continues to cost me at least four d6 cycles a week(that's 30k gold). 
    I believe it! I didn't know it was THAT drastic of a difference. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    hey @blueleopard why not actually report something back to your dev team. This update is 100% crap and worse then it was before. For being a moderator on this forum and app, you never post or reply to any messages on here. (aside from the GLUBot prank). Time for some new help,  perhaps from actual players who play the game. Such @Houmy or @DFBB. At-least they help and contribute on this forum. Game is 100% going down the toilet. Stickers? Nuff said!
    I think a lot of people feel this way. I understand they can't respond to every 💩 post, and I wouldn't expect them to. Legitimate issues with device compatibility/bugged updates/etc. should warrant responses from those dudes, though (or at least some sort of an announcement).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Story is the best CVC bonus guy for Wednesday/Thursday.  Not wasting the XP.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Hey dusty, was that choppiness during gameplay the recording or is that how it is for you? 
    Nope, that's the video rendering. And then Youtube adds their special sauce when uploaded. There is a slight stutter at times during CvC and WoH but not too bad.
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    From everything I am reading/ seeing , I do believe iPhone users have better gameplay and less bugs (locked out, jailed for “no reason”) than droid users.  Droid has more apps that I have found that allow you to cheat as well.   Mod applications and stuff.  Thoughts
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    From everything I am reading/ seeing , I do believe iPhone users have better gameplay and less bugs (locked out, jailed for “no reason”) than droid users.  Droid has more apps that I have found that allow you to cheat as well.   Mod applications and stuff.  Thoughts
    It takes a higher standard to get included in the Apple Store, and some manufacturers build their product more to that standard. So some add-on features on Android devices don't sync well with some games. We sign on for a lot more than we think we do when we pick our mobile device. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @Cooz19 I had an iPhone 4 and decided to never buy another iPhone from there 😂 the phone was cool, but there's not a lot of customization with iOS. I don't know how it is now, the price has kept me away from caring. I'm on a OnePlus kick now, phones with comparable/better stats than flagship phones at half the price 🤪 I guess I'll deal with my slower gameplay, but I'm starting to wonder if I could speed the game up with an iOS emulator 
  • Options
    Someone needs to post a video per their experience on Android otherwise you're just shouting into the void. I don't know a lot about mobile in general but a fractured ecosystem like Google's platform with vendors loading all their own crap in apps for branding or UX purposes that could be done natively in the OS already surely doesn't help developers write optimized code for every hardware subset. On top whatever else you all are throwing at your devices; widgets, processes running in background, device encryption etc.

Has anyone factory reset their device and only loaded TSB 19 on it as a test? Does anyone have feedback on Google's Pixel platform which is plain Android "working better" versus Motorola or LG etc.? Airplane mode w/WiFi versus LTE? Any cloud sync happening, Google or otherwise? Stuff like that is where I would start.
  • Options
    Someone needs to post a video per their experience on Android otherwise you're just shouting into the void. I don't know a lot about mobile in general but a fractured ecosystem like Google's platform with vendors loading all their own crap in apps for branding or UX purposes that could be done natively in the OS already surely doesn't help developers write optimized code for every hardware subset. On top whatever else you all are throwing at your devices; widgets, processes running in background, device encryption etc.

Has anyone factory reset their device and only loaded TSB 19 on it as a test? Does anyone have feedback on Google's Pixel platform which is plain Android "working better" versus Motorola or LG etc.? Airplane mode w/WiFi versus LTE? Any cloud sync happening, Google or otherwise? Stuff like that is where I would start.
    I'm running the oxygen os, which is just about the purest Android experience that can be found outside of pixel devices. 8gb of ram, 220 gb of free storage currently, very streamlined without any interference from other apps. It's not Android per se, it's the app. I can run circles around myself in tsb 18 compared to tsb 19. I'm not sure what has changed between the two, but there's a blatantly obvious difference there. I also have an update I've been holding off on for a while that will allow for recording what I'm doing on my phone, so when I finally break down and allow that update I'll probably post my experience. Perhaps tonight 
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I have a pixel 2 xl.  I only have three apps added to the phone (TSB19, tsb 18 (which runs super fast), and a Bible app).  It is painfully slow all the time.  Tremendous lag, especially between play round and choosing your hitter.  That leads to alot of clicks for the wrong player.  It happens on wifi or on LTE.  I don't sync anything.  I don't know how to record a video or post one, so I can't help you there.  Being old and retired, I am just glad I can ask my phone where the nearest bathroom is and then make it before I have an accident.  
  • Options
    Being old and retired, I am just glad I can ask my phone where the nearest bathroom is and then make it before I have an accident.  
    You have been added to my list of role models. 
  • Options
    Is it like the spinning circle where nothing happens or does that animation in game not even get triggered? Trying to understand here @retirepujols @ReadingFightingPhils
  • Options
    Is it like the spinning circle where nothing happens or does that animation in game not even get triggered? Trying to understand here @retirepujols @ReadingFightingPhils
    That definitely happens, but I'm more interested in how quick your autoplays were. I get the spinning circle that slowly loads everything all the time. Also, during the autoplay it pauses for a few seconds as if the game is thinking whether it should give me the win or not. Hopefully I can update this phone later and post a video of some bonus games to show you. 
  • Options
    In WoH I do get that extra second or so from time to time when autoplaying but that is usually result of many innings being simulated beyond just the ninth. Noticeable by looking at the score. In my experience, any sort of lag in UI or spinning circle is network related 99% of the time.

I had to pause mid-5.10 yesterday by locking my phone to have a discussion with someone. When I unlocked my round was right where I left off 5 minutes prior and I preceded to lose to Bieber. However, because by locking the phone connection was lost to Glu's servers (assumption on my part) I got the spinning circle for at least 10 seconds before the game continued and I was allowed to tap OK. Typically when the screen is locked the network goes down on mobile devices, WiFi anyway, so I am only assuming that was the case although TSB was open when I locked the screen and had to wait for connection to re-establish. I was expecting the app to completely reload when I unlocked my screen.
  • Options
    @retirepujols
    iPhone is for the simple, Android is for the complex. Both have their value. The high-end tech-savvy types tend to like Android more. For me, it seems like too much work. As it is, my only negative operation experience I have in this game on my iPhone (which is like two years old and I'm only holding off replacing because these forums have scared me into believing I'll be jailed for using another device) is text message preview alerts coming in right as the pitcher is in his windup. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    In my experience, any sort of lag in UI or spinning circle is network related 99% of the time.

I would be hard pressed to believe that every single Android user has network issues 100% of the time lol. It's not sometimes slow, or usually slow, or almost always slow. It's just slow. Tsb 18 works fine, all other apps work fine, then there's tsb 19. It's not the slowest thing in the world, and it doesn't take days to play through an inning, it's just considerably slower than what you showed in your video. It's to the extent I believe I could cycle 15 times with an iPhone in the time it would take me to cycle 10 times on Android, seeing as how ~70% of it is autoplay anyhow. 
  • Options
    In my experience, any sort of lag in UI or spinning circle is network related 99% of the time.

I would be hard pressed to believe that every single Android user has network issues 100% of the time lol. It's not sometimes slow, or usually slow, or almost always slow. It's just slow. Tsb 18 works fine, all other apps work fine, then there's tsb 19. It's not the slowest thing in the world, and it doesn't take days to play through an inning, it's just considerably slower than what you showed in your video. It's to the extent I believe I could cycle 15 times with an iPhone in the time it would take me to cycle 10 times on Android, seeing as how ~70% of it is autoplay anyhow. 
    Replace "network" with "device." Obviously not every device is operating the same way. Based on what users have written here (and nothing else) regarding Android and my experience on iOS, it seems the game is optimized for Apple. It is most likely just that simple. Those users won't experience as much lag. But that lag can be intensified by other shit happening on an Android device. 

I've had delays and some lag here and there, and it's usually flipping between apps while I'm playing. And my phone is old. 

ps Am I able to submit a ticket to CS giving them fair warning that I'm getting a new phone and intend to transfer my account to that new device? I'm hoping to prevent the "I'm sorry we can't tell you more about what cheating you are guilty of" response. 
  • Options
    @Cooz19 I would definitely talk to them before switching just so you can show them screenshots of what they told you to do before making the switch in the event something goes wrong. 
  • Options

I'm just providing anecdotal evidence as an iOS user because, as you can see, I don't have the issues you seem to.

In regards to 18 vs 19, I did notice a smoother experience in 18 once 19 was released, even more so now as fewer and fewer people play 18. This is almost certainly related to the load Glu's infrastructure is under for both games. I doubt that was increased/scaled for 18 since 19 was released so lets assume it has remained the same. Maybe, for whatever reason, Glu ships all Android user data to the same specific region or same ec2 instances and they just simply can't handle it. Just grasping at straws here really. Sucks they aren't forthcoming with literally any info.
  • Options

I'm just providing anecdotal evidence as an iOS user because, as you can see, I don't have the issues you seem to.

In regards to 18 vs 19, I did notice a smoother experience in 18 once 19 was released, even more so now as fewer and fewer people play 18. This is almost certainly related to the load Glu's infrastructure is under for both games. I doubt that was increased/scaled for 18 since 19 was released so lets assume it has remained the same. Maybe, for whatever reason, Glu ships all Android user data to the same specific region or same ec2 instances and they just simply can't handle it. Just grasping at straws here really. Sucks they aren't forthcoming with literally any info.
    I don't have any of the issues as an iOS user either.  Agree with dusty on this one
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:

Replace "network" with "device." Obviously not every device is operating the same way. Based on what users have written here (and nothing else) regarding Android and my experience on iOS, it seems the game is optimized for Apple. It is most likely just that simple. Those users won't experience as much lag. But that lag can be intensified by other shit happening on an Android device. 

I've had delays and some lag here and there, and it's usually flipping between apps while I'm playing. And my phone is old. 

ps Am I able to submit a ticket to CS giving them fair warning that I'm getting a new phone and intend to transfer my account to that new device? I'm hoping to prevent the "I'm sorry we can't tell you more about what cheating you are guilty of" response. 
    I switched from an SE to iPhone 8 back in April I believe thusly;
    1.  Backed up device to MacOS computer in iTunes and brought both with me to VZW.
    2. Made purchase for new phone, did VZW-y things and powered down old phone. My TSB account was both tied to email and Gamecenter was toggled on in settings on old device well before I made this change.
    3. Brought new phone to newest iOS version to match my backup and then restored using iTunes. I wasn't using iCloud at the time so the restore could be done via cloud if you had a recent backup I am told.
    4. All apps were eventually restored onto new iPhone, Gamecenter toggled on from backup and tied to my AppleId. I literally did nothing but open TSB 19 and I was good.
  • Options
    I need to get my hands on a new iPod and see if that would work with tsb19
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:

1.  Backed up device to MacOS computer in iTunes and brought both with me to VZW.
    2. Made purchase for new phone, did VZW-y things and powered down old phone. My TSB account was both tied to email and Gamecenter was toggled on in settings on old device well before I made this change.
    3. Brought new phone to newest iOS version to match my backup and then restored using iTunes. I wasn't using iCloud at the time so the restore could be done via cloud if you had a recent backup I am told.
    4. All apps were eventually restored onto new iPhone, Gamecenter toggled on from backup and tied to my AppleId. I literally did nothing but open TSB 19 and I was good.
    JFC, I'm not doing all that. Isn't this why I linked my account to my email address? 
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    Cooz19 said:

JFC, I'm not doing all that. Isn't this why I linked my account to my email address? 
    When I log in on my iOS I can use my email address to restore account
  • Options
    @Cooz19 You probably only need to have Gamecenter toggled in Settings on iOS to retain your team. Doesn't hurt to have email linked as well. I just do that cause I am a creature of habit and want my device configured exactly the same when I get a new phone.