Options

Jake Marisnick WOH 7/31/19

13Next

Comments

• Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Buehler and Mengden were the only difficult ones for me but Mengden got me all four times and I got no closer than two runs. 
    Not worth it for me. 
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Had no need for him but did it just to do it 
  • Options
    Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    It's not just a curveball, it's the curve on the "edge" of zone. Edge as in not in the actual strike zone, non-strike strikes. They're straight too but very, very rarely hits when you make even good contact. These are the pitches when hit the outfielders sprint triple speed to or infielders make diving grabs on. Do you guys not see this?

Same here. Can’t even foul the curve off because I can’t make contact sometimes. Like you said the rare chance you do make contact it’s either a foul ball or ground out. I’ve seen the diving grabs and triple speed outfielders as well. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @retirepujols Not to beat a dead horse but Royale WoH seems to up the probability that you are going to get less chances to get hits. There's also some sneaky Glu code in there to curb the autoplay to 15 minute cycle-fest that Monday has become. Honestly, I appreciate it somewhat more this Thursday morning than I did last Thursday with the 3 cycles I pulled off yesterday. I spent more time in Slugfest this week than last so frustration was quite diminished. I may also just completely suck at WoH which I am okay with so long as it doesn't creep into Monday's event.

More to the point, yesterday I seemed to get more not only straight pitches but pitches that were in the middle of the plate and didn't waste my chances. Though at times there were times, 5.4 and 5.7 in particular, where the first 6 pitches were those that skirt the strike zone enough to not be hits on contact. On the pitches I could hit I did but it wasn't enough to move on.

It made me realize how little skill is involved in WoH when your future is decided for you arbitrarily and less in your favor on Wednesday's, which is not that enjoyable. Slugfest in gold however is totally different. You can hit the ball anywhere from 440 feet to 540 depending on the slugger without boost. There is a huge margin for error that still allows fundamental success in that you did hit the homer but battling legends now that are +30 to your best slugger's max that can drop bombs of 550 feet at will means you will certainly fail with even a 500 ft bomb yourself. Unfortunately hitting in both events is mutually exclusive so being "good" in one does not translate to being "good" in the other.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @dustyhunks I was actually thinking about this last night, and I was going to say that perhaps the pitches you guys are seeing is just another way of glu  trying to force people to move up. Diamond may be a walk-off heroes best friend
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @retirepujols The royale had become a real "royale" pain in my a$$ when it comes to WOH.  I can breeze through to level 5 and even 5.1-5.3.  Then I hit a brick wall in 5.4.  If I somehow make it past that I then get hit with 5.7 somehow with nothing but curveballs every pitch.  You guys saw my post about last weeks ground out to pitcher then 6-7 walks in a row then 6 straight curve balls.  I believe in order for me to do anything with Royale WOH I need to move up but I don't know if I am ready rss wise..... 

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Facing a similar dilemma, @bayoubengal. Wondering if it's a dime vs 10 cents though -- I either move up and earn the resources in gold or I keep grinding to get the resources I need when I move up. Since I don't win a huge majority of my bonus games anymore, it seems like I might as well just dive in and try to max resources from today's event, even if I'll need a few days to keep building. 

I have no bonus players this week except that lame OF I won in my one successful round yesterday, and assuming they don't make him like 6 million per at-bat, it won't get me much. 
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    good same boat as me. 0 bonus players for today... lol come join my new bronze team... hehehe.  

what do your rss look like?
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I got as far as 5-9 but ran out of time, and the hop in pitchers simply pissed me off
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Glad I didn't even bother yesterday.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    No kind of bonus for Marisnick today so there wasnt even that incentive although we didnt know at the time
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yeah what is up with that? Wasn't Eaton bonus last Thursday??
  • Options
    JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    I cycled twice yesterday and would have made Marisnick a regular OF if I could have gotten him to Platinum, but couldn’t get past the 3rd cycle. Then I dumped him last night. Looks like it was a good move. I’m trying to get to diamond to make Wednesday’s more fun. Went from Gold to Platinum last week and had a blast Monday on WOH. Can’t wait to hit Diamond. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Quoting @Mattattack above although I'm no longer allowed to quote, I guess...

Yeah, that's absolute bush league. C'mon....