Options

Stale

BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
     I may be beating a dead horse, but this game is, in its current condition, remarkably stale. Not only have most of the game modes been completely the same (I'm looking at you, prime event), the players themselves have come to a grinding halt when it comes to overalls. 
     I have a player that I pulled on June 4 that is a 350 max overall bxp reliever. On June 4, 350 max players must have been relatively new, because I remember being excited about pulling him. This means that for two months, the game has been throwing out players with the exact same max overall.
     For two months.
     There have been some positives. Extra bases is a good idea and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it. Gifts have been better. Hackers are being hunted down. 
      And stickers? Hell yeah. Exactly what everyone with an age over 5 wants on a baseball mobile game. 
      But there are many negatives. The extra bases rewards still has flaws. The cvc bug that causes you to lose your individual rewards is still there. And the Android lag is still there. Players have become stagnant and unexciting. I pulled a 350 player from a cvc box, and I wished that I had pulled pxp or bxp instead. Also, what happened to the mystery box guarantees?
      This past week, I completely ignored the game as I was on vacation. I only logged on to collect a few gifts and play extra bases. I didn't even play cvc. My point is, I don't feel as if I even missed anything. 
      When Glu wants me to bother myself with this game again, they're going to need changes. And fast. I'm quickly losing interest, and this game is quickly losing me.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    What he said... ⬆️ Everything he said...👍🏻
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    In regards to the Android lag...I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S10....and it's crazy how fast it operates now. No lag and videos load at an alarming rate lol. Not sure what everyone else uses, but it is night and day difference for me now. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @lpoheronno lag? I am very interested in this statement 😁 would you be so kind as to upload a screen recording? Perhaps just of the game loading and maybe loading a bg or video? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    @mythicaldragon How did this guy's agreeing with me get more likes and agrees than my original comment? 😂
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I agree that things are really stagnant at the moment. The problem is that there are still guys who have trouble with WoH(mainly Royale). Would higher max players and a raised difficulty for WoH be more ideal? In that scenario, my guess is that people would complain even more. It appears that GLU has decided to allow those guys to play 'catch up.' 
    The AL wild card box is by FAR, the best Weekend box we've had all year(seriously, not even close). We have the best bat vs rightys, one of the best bats vs leftys(and always double boosted for woh), and a switch hitting OF with ideal skills for mid round WoH as well as CvC. We also have one of the best bxp pitchers as well....all in the same box. Yet, everyone is focused on a different number. The irony is, GLU could've easily put out 410-420s with higher speed and/or less ideal skills and people would've probably complained less. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @BlackFang4 definitely interesting 🤔lol
    It’s ok our comments/likes are synonymous in this post 👍🏻😉
  • Options
    @DFBB who's the pitcher you're talking about?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    To echo much of what Brother @DFBB said...adding higher level woh rewards can't be done without adding difficulty. The perspective many people here need is the fact they are very likely far more advanced than the casual player is. It's possible their skill, as well as their time dedication and willingness to spend, exceeded the developers' road map for the state of the game today. 

I like to think I represent a group of players at least a few levels below many of the active members of this forum. I'm only now getting to a point where I can't find value/use in pretty much any player I'd get from woh or a box. Hell, it wasn't even that long ago I couldn't beat woh. I get the same sense of staleness that's being discussed here, but I think it's by design to give the non-elite players a chance to catch up so the game can maximize the revenue generated through the natural course of growing through the early point of the game. If they ramp up the level of the top players too early, the value of the 350 bxp/400 prime level players goes down drastically. 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @retirepujols, I think he may have been referring to Lynn.  Solid stats for bxp, and the double bonus game skills to really help guys cycling d6.

• Options

Idk, guys. I think there are a lot more people losing interest than us 🤪
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Tdub71 that's what I was thinking. I pulled him as well and I'm a little interested in capping him. The double bonus game skills would work for me, but the main reason is I have POTM Scherzer that's about to fall off. I was hoping for a little breakdown from dfbb to help me decide 🥺
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @retirepujols I was referring to Lynn. I actually prefer him over Mahle(in the 250g box) so for my gold, he's currently the best bxp available.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @retirepujols You mean baseball's peak popularity is in the spring, and it decreases as the year goes on? 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Good point @Cooz19 😂 @DFBB that's enough for me, looks like I have a new SP 🤷🏻‍♂️ Mahle would be pretty sweet with different skills 
  • Options
    Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    You mean baseball's peak popularity is in the spring, and it decreases as the year goes on?”

Will likely pick back up as the playoff race heats up. 

A few few guys already nailed it. The guys complaining are minority players and don’t realize it. I play a good amount each day and just last week was able to cycle the woh for the first time. I am just getting to the point where almost all my players are 350 max. Pulling certain 350 max players is still worth it because they have better boosts for certain events. The bigger issue for me is getting players of the same position. Last week I pulled 3 different short stops on the same day. This weekend it’s second baseman and outfielders. I’ve needed a catcher for weeks. My legend has been inactive for weeks, I’m seriously considering resetting him to make him a catcher
  • Options
    I understand that argument, and it's totally correct. On the same note, you'll hear more complaints and arguments in favor of uber-active players here as the majority of players would not be interested in joining a forum. 
  • Options
    I agree with @retirepujols. Furthermore, I would dare to say that this game shouldn't be catering to the low-interest, clear woh once players; it should cater to the top tier players, as that is the money-spending demographic. But I can definitely see that slowing the pace could help its less active players, perhaps drawing them and new players in. But, if I were a top whale, I wouldn't be interested in spending money on virtually the same players, who have similar stats, just different names.
  • Options
    I guess I never considered it that way.  The forum regulars, like @retirepujols, @Bigpredfan, @BlackFang4, @DFBB, myself, etc, etc, are probably in the minority among the whole of TSB19 players.  

I guess our complaints would be considered "1st world problems"...
  • Options
    Well I can say this from a guy that used to spend 1k$ a week on this game... I definitely don’t have to anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️. I  havent spent 100$ in the past two weeks it’s just not like it was last year. So I suppose that’s a good thing also I’m considering taking a break until we get a bump. (I probably won’t I’m a junkie)  I think they may be making their money this year from those 2.99$ 4.99$ 9.99 deals they are very popular. I personally love buying them 
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @retirepujols I have tried to upload a video of the HUGE difference in lag time on a new android, but it tells me it can't upload that type of file. But as a side note from a different thread...I'd support you and @DFBB as community moderators. A little bit of sugar and spice makes everything nice lol
  • Options
    @mythicaldragon, I feel the exact same way.  I was going to take a few days off this week, but I got twitchy.  Lol.

I am also a sucker for the cheap bundles.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    While the minority may be the ones here, the thought now pops into my mind. Why should we chase new 360 players when they come out?  We will have time to pull them. No need to rush and buy buy buy. Why get ahead of the curve if the game allows people to catch up?
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan, I had the exact same thought.  At this point 360/410 is barely worth the effort for me.  I am swimming in 400 max primes, so I should probably just push their skills as high as I can, and wait for 400/450...
  • Options
    @lpoheron oh yeah, you would have to upload it to YouTube first and then share the link here. No worries if you don't want to go through all of that 😂 I'm going to PM you
  • Options
    Also, @mythicaldragon $1k a week? If you're ever looking to adopt an adult male, look no further 😉
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    You’d be surprised, lots of people don’t know how it works, or do and lack time, patience and though it requires minimal skill there are some who just can’t hit the ball reliably enough.
  • Options
    @retirepujols ha ha got a strong back?? 🤔I know really tho I’m ashamed of it man. 😞 
     But I have to say I did enjoy it.. it was fun playing in the big clubs. I could still do it but have chose to play the game differently and obviously the progression is so slow I don’t have to. Actually no one would ever have to spend that much! It’s just silly lol 🤣 1k$ sounds crazy but there were are few in my club that spent whatever it took thousands a week. I feel like a drug addict that just got clean and can now think clearly again 😳. For real tho 😬

• Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I was in a top 10 Madden league for 2 years. We had to constantly remind ourselves that we were the minority. I think that’s likely the case here as well. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     I don't think this is all that abnormal. It's summer. Most industries suffer during these months. I don't even think its a matter of letting anyone catch up. What good would it do Glu to release marginally better players that so many are clearly itching to drop gold or money on when a decent percentage of the player base is MIA as per @retirepujols image posted?
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I know that plenty of people are doing things outside while the weather is nice instead of tappin all day. As dusty stated why chase players that are only slightly better than what you already have.